The Combat Jack Show Thread

Jada is classic example of a celebrity getting older. She’s no longer an A or B, or C list actress… she’s older. Not in the spotlight like she once was.

She’s clearly doing whatever it takes to remain relevant or cause an uproar. It’s clear as day.

A celebrity mid-life crisis

I'm not sure what it is, but I don't think it's relevancy. She doesn't have to work. I think she's totally obtuse to how she's perceived. Remember these celebs live in a bubble and she's been one for 30 years. It's like posting **** on IG with all the comments turned off. I doubt anyone is telling her, chill. Hell, have we ever even seen her with any other actresses as friends?

I think something happen with her and Will, and it caused her to have a total lack of respect or disgust for him.

She's 90's black royalty along with Nia Long, Lela Rochon and Vivica Fox, but she'd probably be in the Tyler Perry and BET shows if it wasn't for Will, because she's no Regina King acting wise.

She's 90's black royalty along with Nia Long, Lela Rochon and Vivica Fox, but she'd probably be in the Tyler Perry and BET shows if it wasn't for Will, because she's no Regina King acting wise.

Almost nobody is Regina King acting wise :lol:. Man or woman.

But by 1997, Jada was in a bunch huge roles, before Will. Most of her iconic roles were pre Will as a matter of fact. And she was good in all of them.

It’s actually Will, who took off as a “serious”, Blockbuster actor in ‘96. He was outta here after Independence Day.

I think Jada is def in the Nia Long class. She’d be a star regardless. But of course Will helped level her Hollywood status up. Especially on the mainstream/white level.

And lastly, Jada knows how to the play the social media game veryyyyyy well. Especially in this misinformation era. All publicity, is good publicity for real, for real.

The “reels” era. Women being liberated and empowered. She’s always been ahead of the curve and bohemian-like.

The actress version of Erykah Badu. Her looks and appeal. She knows men an women will probably never hold her accountable because she’s always been relatable to the hood. Her relationship with 2pac. Her characters on A different world and Jason’s Lyric.

She never had to change her style as an actress. She’s always been the pro-black type.

She’s tailor made for being able resurrect her career on social media. Jada has alwaysssss been VERY, very smart. She’s adept at “playing the game”.

She struck gold when she harbored that relationship with Ayesha Curry. Many people view Ayesha and Steph as the new Will and Jada.

I believe Ayesha dislikes her now but the fact they sat face to face and had discussions says a lot

Last edited:
I'm not sure what it is, but I don't think it's relevancy. She doesn't have to work. I think she's totally obtuse to how she's perceived. Remember these celebs live in a bubble and she's been one for 30 years. It's like posting **** on IG with all the comments turned off. I doubt anyone is telling her, chill. Hell, have we ever even seen her with any other actresses as friends?

I think something happen with her and Will, and it caused her to have a total lack of respect or disgust for him.

i high key think it has to be some combination of this because even the womenfolk don’t appear to be co-signing this nonsense…

we don’t actually know these people & will could really just be insufferable or not a serious person…i remember watching his youtube series (before #theslap®️ when he was everywhere going ham w/amazing edits on ig) that concluded with his autobiography/memoir book and thinking other than his 1st son it really seems like the rest of his fam kinda tolerates him 😂, even at times being openly contemptuous…

will is still goated of course but whatever they got going on that is enabling her to talk so reckless about a man that is ostensibly still her husband has turned him into something of a pariah

Her character on A Different World was wack

A lot of struggling, young black college females related to her situation on that show though.

Plenty black women from the hood who excelled at the high school level, who were unsure whether they’d be able to afford college.

That’s basically what the Lena James character portrayed

Almost nobody is Regina King acting wise :lol:. Man or woman.

But by 1997, Jada was in a bunch huge roles, before Will. Most of her iconic roles were pre Will as a matter of fact. And she was good in all of them.

It’s actually Will, who took off as a “serious”, Blockbuster actor in ‘96. He was outta here after Independence Day.

I think Jada is def in the Nia Long class. She’d be a star regardless. But of course Will helped level her Hollywood status up. Especially on the mainstream/white level.

Simmer down Bmore

I wouldn't call Set It Off, Low Down Dirty Shame and Jason's Lyric huge rolls.

That’s all that matters. Y’all give me respect to then crossover “white movies” than your own.

I’m sure Jada rejected plenty major roles

Here you go just wanting to argue. Read the comments before you respond.

Watch some football and get your blood pressure down.

Simmer down Bmore

I wouldn't call Set It Off, Low Down Dirty Shame and Jason's Lyric huge rolls.

Menace 2 Society
Nutty Professor
Set it off
Scream 2

All in a Four year period (93-97)

She turned down Dead Presidents, (Because of Pac beef w/ Hughes brothers). But Jada was rollin

I’m not trying to make it more than what it is. That’s really what it is.

jada was even on a different world

and she essentially played the fresh prince role on a different world before will

it’s the same character and wardrobe style

Nia was also Will’s long time love interest on the Fresh Prince and she was in both “Big Momma’s House” movies.

Other than those Matrix films, they’re close to equal

outside of love jones most of nias roles were supporting typa roles

just off names in the black community it’s close

but actual roles

nah

Been seeing those Herbo/southside clips from funny Marco show. I thought they were trollin and everybody was in on it . But he released a statement… I don’t particularly like the Marco dude but they corny for bullying him

That’s a grown a*** man. He let South side effeminate busted biscuit can looking self talk down on him? Nah man.

He just soft because ain’t no way. Times are indeed different. And, it’s not even about being hard and poking your chest out. Be a man.

skit or not it’s a bad look for herbo knowing he bouta sit down

and southside been weird for awhile

they tried to reverse troll marco and it went a lil left if the whole thing isn’t a skit/troll

Back
Top Bottom