The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by tmay407

Craftsy21 wrote:

Devan Downey is the goods. Depending on who else I had on my team, I'd be tempted to take him at the PG spot for his defense alone.
He dropped like 30 on PSU last year without even trying... he's not all defense.
laugh.gif
Oh, I know. That makes it even better
laugh.gif
Give me a
hard-nosed defender that averages 3 steals a game, while putting up 20 points and dishing 5 assists a game and I'm good...

He is the goods. He was killing it at Cinci when he was a freshman.

Too bad he transferred. They backcourt of Vaughn and him
pimp.gif

Flynn is top 5. Pargo is top 5. I am not trying to be a homer. But I would take Flynn over a lot of guys. The media overrates Dominic James in everything. He isn't a top 3 point guard in the big east.

Calathis and Lucas are great point guards.
pimp.gif

smh.gif
We could've had one of the nastiest backcourts in the nation! These dudes didn't get along at all though from what I've heard. Devan was in opengyms with Deonta tearing this dude up, and then yelling in his face saying "You can't guard me freshman."
laugh.gif

I'ma guess without DC around...Sosa is gona get the title of scapegoat this year. If he didn't already.

^With the way he played around with his PT and kept yanking him out of games, seemed like Pitino was priming him for scapegoat status last year, so you may beright.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Quite shocking that Pitino had nothing positive to say about his team.
you should read my local paper...every year... "this is the best team i've had since i've been here..."

he's a character.

Samuel's is a MONSTER.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

I know Pitino is a great coach but sometimes I want to ****%#+ punch him in the face.
get in line.

1212857832.jpg

Former Arizona commitment Solomon Hill announced today to Rivals.com that his final three schools were USC, Georgetown and Kentucky. However after reading this quote, it sounds like Kentucky is likely third…..

"I might be able to get one more visit in before the signing period. If I can make a trip, it will be to Georgetown. I'm more interested in them than Kentucky because of the type of system they run. It's a good program, and I couldn't go wrong going there. I would get to play everywhere on the court and have a chance to do a lot of different things on the court."

Yeah if there is one thing Georgetown is known for its running up and down the court. Either way, for recruits perception is often reality and there is little that can be done to change it. From what I understand, the Cats are now interested in Hill, but no final decision on an offer will be made until a face-to-face meeting takes place.

He'd be smart to get in on USC. I just see that program consistently competiting from now on in the Pac, not to mention the other aesthetics of theprogram: LA, good education, white women, potential to be on "The Hills" (
laugh.gif
), etc.

2008 USA TODAY/ESPN preseason coaches' poll [table][tr][td]Updated 2h 17m ago | Comments 276 | Recommend 261[/td] [td]E-mail | Save | Print | [/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
The USA TODAY/ESPN Coaches' Poll with first-place votes in parentheses. Total points are based on 25 points for first place through one point for 25th.
[table][tr][td]
2008 USA TODAY/ESPN Top 25 Preseason Coaches' Poll
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlooks by USA TODAY's Jack Carey.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
1. North Carolina (36-3)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook:
Coming off a Final Four berth, the Tar Heels are clear favorites to go back and this time, win it, with a star-studded cast led by F Tyler Hansbrough and Deon Thompson, Gs Ty Lawson, Wayne Ellington and Bobby Frasor and wings Marcus Ginyard and Danny Green. Ginyard, however, will miss several weeks after surgery to repair a stress fracture in his left foot. Opens: Nov. 16 vs. Pennsylvania.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
2. Connecticut (24-9)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook: After returning to the NCAA tournament last year, the Huskies bring back a veteran cast to engage in Big East battles, including C Hasheem Thabeet, F Jeff Adrien and Gs Craig Austrie, A.J. Price and Jerome Dyson. Opens: Nov. 14 vs. Western Carolina.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
3. Louisville (27-9)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook:
A trip to the elite eight has left the Cardinals eager for more, and they return plenty of talent to navigate the Big East waters with Fs Terrence Williams and Earl Clark and Gs Jerry Smith, Edgar Sosa and Andre McGee. Freshman F Samardo Samuels will be heard from. Opens: Nov. 22 vs. Morehead State in Billy Minardi Classic.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
4. UCLA (35-4)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook:
Three consecutive Final Fours but no titles in that time has the Bruins hungry. Point guard Darren Collison is one of the best in the nation, and wing Josh Shipp also returns with Fs Alfred Aboya and James Keefe. Freshman G Jrue Holiday is one to watch. Opens: Nov. 12 vs. Prairie View in 2K Sports Classic (ESPNU, 10).
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
5. Duke (28-6)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook:
After first- and second-round ousters in the past two NCAA tournaments, the Blue Devils look for a deep run behind a veteran cast that includes Gs Greg Paulus, Gerald Henderson, Jon Scheyer and Nolan Smith and Fs Kyle Singler and Lance Thomas. Opens: Nov. 10 vs. Presbyterian in 2K Sports Classic (ESPNU, 7).
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
6. Pittsburgh (27-10)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook: Defending Big East tournament champion looks for deeper NCAA tournament run behind Fs Sam Young, DeJuan Blair and Tyrell Biggs, G Levance Fields and wing Gilbert Brown. Fields is recovering from summer foot surgery. Opens: Nov. 14 vs. Fairleigh Dickinson.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
7. Michigan State (27-9)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook: Challenging non-league schedule must be negotiated by a veteran Spartans team that features Fs Raymar Morgan and Marquise Gray, C Goran Suton and Gs Kalin Lucas, Travis Walton and Durrell Summers. Opens: Nov. 16 vs. Idaho.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
8. Texas (31-7)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook:
Gs A.J. Abrams and Justin Mason, wing Damion James and F Connor Atchley are back as an experienced cast strives to get to the top of the Big 12 after reaching the NCAA's Elite Eight last season. But how much will the Longhorns miss point guard D.J. Augustin? Opens: Nov. 14 vs. Stetson.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
9. Notre Dame (25-
glasses.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook: Big East player of the year Luke Harangody, one of the nation's premier post players is back, with Fs Luke Zeller and Zach Hillesland lending support. The Irish are solid in the backcourt, too, with Kyle McAlarney and Tory Jackson. Opens: Nov. 16 vs. South Carolina-Upstate.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
10. Purdue (25-9)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook:
Boilermakers broke through in a big way last year with an NCAA bid and should be poised to make run in the Big Ten behind Gs E'Twaun Moore, Chris Kramer and Keaton Grant and Fs Robbie Hummel and Nemanja Calasan. Opens: Nov. 14 vs. Detroit Mercy.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
11. Gonzaga (25-
glasses.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook: F Austin Daye has been rehabbing a summer knee injury, and F Josh Heytvelt needs to stay healthy. The Bulldogs are primed in the backcourt with point guard Jeremy Pargo, Matt Bouldin and Steven Gray. Opens: Nov. 18 vs. Idaho.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
12. Memphis (38-2)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook: Tigers let the national title slip away in the final minutes and will have a different look built around Gs Antonio Anderson and Doneal Mack and F Robert Dozier. Watch for freshman G Tyreke Evans to have an immediate impact. Opens: Nov. 15 vs. Fairfield.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
13. Tennessee (31-5)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook:
Some solid talent was lost, but coach Bruce Pearl has developed the Vols into one of the nation's top programs in short order and could keep it going behind Fs Tyler Smith and Wayne Chism. Freshman G Scotty Hopson leads a highly regarded recruiting class, and fellow G J.P. Prince should grow. Opens: Nov. 15 vs. Chattanooga.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
14. Oklahoma (23-12)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook: Sooners could be the class of the Big 12, with brothers Blake and Taylor Griffin returning up front. Freshman G Willie Warren could have a huge impact, teaming with Gs Austin Johnson and Tony Crocker. Opens: Nov. 14 vs. American.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
15. Arizona State (21-13)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook: One of the biggest turnarounds in the nation resulted in an NIT bid last season. The Sun Devils will look to keep moving up as almost every key contributor returns. High-scoring G James Harden leads a veteran backcourt that also includes Ty Abbott and Derek Glasser, with Jeff Pendergraph returning up front along with Rihards Kuksiks. Opens: Nov. 14 vs. Mississippi Valley State.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
16. Miami (Fla.) (23-11)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook:
Hurricanes broke through for a tournament bid a year ago and should be one of the ACC's better teams behind returning Gs Jack McClinton, Lance Hurdle and James Dews and F Brian Asbury. Opens: Nov. 15 vs. Florida Southern.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
17. Marquette (25-10)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook: Former assistant Buzz Williams steps in for coach Tom Crean, who left for Indiana. He'll lean heavily on senior backcourt stars Dominic James, Jerel McNeal and Wesley Matthews. Versatile Lazar Hayward returns to the frontcourt. Opens: Nov. 14 vs. Houston Baptist.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
18. Georgetown (28-6)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook:
Freshman Greg Monroe could be the Hoyas next top-notch big man and will look to help fill the void left by the departure of Roy Hibbert. F DaJuan Summers and Gs Jessie Sapp, Chris Wright and Austin Freeman return. Opens: Nov. 17 vs. Jacksonville.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
19. Florida (24-12)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook:
After an NIT bid a year ago, the Gators hope to rise again in the SEC with the return of Gs Walter Hodge, Jai Lucas and Nick Calathes and F Dan Werner and Chandler Parsons. Opens: Nov. 14 vs. Toledo in CBE Classic (ESPNU, 6).
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
20. Davidson (29-7)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook:
Last season's near miss of a Cinderella Final Four appearance has trained the spotlight on dynamic G Stephen Curry, who probably will see more time at the point. Max Paulhus Gosselin also returns to the backcourt and also back are wing Will Archambault and F Andrew Lovedale. Opens: Nov. 17 vs. James Madison at Norman, Okla., in NIT Season Tip-off.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
21. (tie) Southern California (21-12)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook: O.J. Mayo is gone after one season, but the Trojans should be strong in the backcourt with the return of Daniel Hackett and Dwight Lewis. Taj Gibson is back up front, and highly touted freshman DeMar DeRozan is expected to have an immediate impact. Opens: Nov. 15 vs. UC-Irvine.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
21. (tie) Wisconsin (31-5)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook:
C Brian Butch is gone, but look for the Badgers to again contend in the Big Ten with the return of Gs Trevon Hughes and Jason Bohannon and Fs Marcus Landry and Joe Krabbenhoft. Opens: Nov. 16 vs. Long Beach State.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
23. Kansas (37-3)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook:
The defending-champion Jayhawks have undergone plenty of changes, but G Sherron Collins and C Cole Aldrich return. Lots of recruits figure to help out right away, including junior college transfer G Mario Little, freshman guard Travis Releford and up front, the Morris twins, Marcus and Markieff. Opens: Nov. 18 vs. Florida Gulf Coast in CBE Classic (ESPNU, 9).
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
24. Wake Forest (17-13)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook: The Demon Deacons could be poised for a big jump in the ACC with every key player back, including F James Johnson, C Chas McFarland and Gs Ishmael Smith, Jeff Teague and L.D. Williams. Opens: Nov. 14 vs. North Carolina Central.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
25. Villanova (22-13)
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Outlook:
Nearly everyone returns from last year's Sweet 16 team, and the Wildcats should be among the best in the Big East. Gs Scottie Reynolds, Corey Stokes and Corey Fisher, wing Dwayne Anderson and Fs Dante Cunningham and Antonio Pena are among the returnees. Opens: Nov. 14 vs. Albany.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
grey.gif

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Others receiving votes: UNLV (27-
glasses.gif
60; Saint Mary's (25-7) 59; Ohio State (24-13) 54; Baylor (21-11) 47; Xavier (30-7) 27; Syracuse (21-14) 23; LSU (13-18) 19; Texas A&M (25-11) 19; Arizona (19-15) 18; Virginia Tech (21-14) 15; Brigham Young (27-
glasses.gif
13; West Virginia (26-11) 10; Siena (23-11) 8; Washington (16-17) 8; Kentucky (18-13) 7; Vanderbilt (26-
glasses.gif
7; Oklahoma State (17-16) 4; Clemson (24-10) 2; Washington State (26-9) 1.[/td] [/tr][/table]

It looks like Arizona is losing yet another player.

In the wake of Lute Olson's retirement, freshman big man Jeff Withey - expected to be the first big man off the bench - has decided to transfer.

The news was first reported by GoAZCats.com.

The Arizona program will soon make Indiana look like the North Carolina Tar Heels. After Chase Budinger and Jordan Hill likely leave after this season, therewill be virtually no high-major talent in the program.

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Are you one of those sports fans who doesn't pay attention to college basketball until after collegefootball?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Don't lie to me.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Are you?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]If so, that's too bad. But it should be easy to convert you because in all likelihood this is just a matter ofyou not knowing what you're missing. Thus, I'm going to spend today telling you what you'll miss if you fail to tune into college basketball untilafter a Big Ten team is again routed in the BCS National Championship Game on Jan. 8.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Here are 20 great games between now and then:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Nov. 18: Kentucky at North Carolina[/font]
[table][tr][td]
img11070142.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Patrick Patterson vs. Tyler Hansbrough is worth the wait. (Getty Images)[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table][font=Arial, Helvetica]The season actually starts Nov. 10, but the first premier matchup comes the following week. And that's fine.It's worth the wait to see two of the best programs in history meet in a game that pits Patrick Patterson against Tyler Hansbrough.[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]Nov. 18: Davidson at Oklahoma[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]This is based on neither team getting upset the night before. Assuming that assumption is correct, it'll be twofirst team preseason CBSSports.com All-Americans on the court (Stephen Curry and BlakeGriffin) battling for the right to advance to the semifinals of the NIT Season Tip-off at New York's Madison Square Garden.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Nov. 21: Duke vs. UCLA (in New York)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]There is no guarantee the Blue Devils and Bruins will meet in the championship of the 2K Sports Classic benefitingCoaches vs. Cancer, but it's clearly the game that would be the most interesting. Nothing against UMass, Michigan or Southern Illinois, but I'm surethe folks at the Gazelle Group will appreciate it if those schools all play well but fail to advance to the title game. It's Duke-UCLA or bust![/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Nov. 24: Florida vs. Syracuse (in Kansas City)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]The Gators and Orange are set to meet in a semifinal of the CBE Classic that would feature two of the nation'sbest sophomore point guards (Nick Calathes and Jonny Flynn). The winner of that game would likely get Kansas or Washington the following night, meaningit's possible the past two national champions (Florida and Kansas) could tangle in what would be a "neutral site" game that feels more like aroad one for the Gators.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Nov. 26: Notre Dame vs. North Carolina (in Maui)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]The Irish and Tar Heels must navigate their way to the title game of the Maui Invitational for this to materialize.If they don't it will be a disappointment because a Luke Harangody-Tyler Hansbrough matchup would be the perfect way to spend the night beforeThanksgiving.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Nov. 28: Tennessee vs. Georgetown and Michigan State vs. Gonzaga (in Orlando)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Those are the likely semifinal matchups of the Old Spice Classic, and you'd be hard-pressed to get a betterdoubleheader. All four of those teams are ranked in the top 15 of the preseason Top 25(and one), and any combination that reaches the title game two days later will offer a great matchup.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Dec. 2: Duke at Purdue[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]The Blue Devils get a rare non-league road game, and it's a doozy. This is two of the top six teams in thepreseason Top 25 (and one) and two of the best inside-outside forwards in America,namely Kyle Singler and Robbie Hummel.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Dec. 3: North Carolina vs. Michigan State (in Detroit)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Ford Field is the site of this ACC-Big Ten showdown. It's also the site of the Final Four, meaning these teamscould very well meet here again in April.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Dec. 3: West Virginia at Ole Miss[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Andy Kennedy backed Bob Huggins even when it was in his best interest to distance himself while serving as theinterim coach at Cincinnati. Now Huggins returns the favor with a visit to his protégé's campus, and if the two get together for a drink on The Square inOxford the night before and toast to UC president Nancy Zimpher's unpopularity, hey, who could blame them?[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Dec. 4: UCLA at Texas[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Ben Howland has Darren Collison, Jrue Holiday and Jerime Anderson all capable of running the point. I see no reasonwhy he couldn't let Rick Barnes borrow one while the Longhorns adjust to life after D.J. Augustin.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Dec. 4: Southern California at Oklahoma[/font]
[table][tr][td]
img11070151.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Come Jan. 7, Stephen Curry could be the best player in Cameron Indoor Stadium. (Getty Images)[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table][font=Arial, Helvetica]If you like high-scoring, hard-dunking freshmen, then this game is for you. It's DeMar DeRozan and WillieWarren, and the possible No. 1 pick in next June's NBA Draft (Blake Griffin) should also be in attendance.[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica]Dec. 6: Ohio State vs. Notre Dame (in Indianapolis)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Can OSU freshman Blake Mullens handle the more experienced Luke Harangody? We'll find out soon enough.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Dec. 14: Gonzaga vs. Arizona (in Phoenix)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Might this be an audition for Mark Few, who should be among the leading candidates to be Lute Olson's permanentsuccessor? Who knows? But I'm betting it's billed that way in the Arizona newspapers.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Dec. 16: Marquette vs. Tennessee (in Nashville)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Dominic James, Jerel McNeal and Wesley Matthews against Bobby Maze, Scotty Hopson and J.P. Prince. That's a goodgroup of guards ready to run in Music City.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Dec. 20: Connecticut vs. Gonzaga (in Seattle)[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]North Carolina is the clear favorite to win the national title. However, both the Huskies and Zags are talentedenough to spoil those plans.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Dec. 20: Syracuse at Memphis[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Jim Boeheim has long been ridiculed for trying to avoid true road games until January. Not this year. He's takinghis Orange to FedExForum, where Memphis has won 49 of its past 50 regular-season home games.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Dec. 31: UNLV at Louisville[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Fair or not, the non-BCS schools typically have to earn their NCAA tournament seed in non-league play. That's whystealing a victory at Freedom Hall would be quite a New Year's present for UNLV.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Jan. 4: Kentucky at Louisville[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]This is a big game regardless of the circumstances. But when both teams are good (which should be the case) then itbecomes much bigger.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Jan. 7: Davidson at Duke[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica]Every ACC school passed on Stephen Curry because none deemed him good enough to play in their league. That'shilarious considering that on the eve of the BCS National Championship Game the sweet-shooting Davidson star will be the best player in Cameron IndoorStadium.[/font]

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

I know Pitino is a great coach but sometimes I want to ****%#+ punch him in the face.
get in line.

1212857832.jpg

Former Arizona commitment Solomon Hill announced today to Rivals.com that his final three schools were USC, Georgetown and Kentucky. However after reading this quote, it sounds like Kentucky is likely third…..

"I might be able to get one more visit in before the signing period. If I can make a trip, it will be to Georgetown. I'm more interested in them than Kentucky because of the type of system they run. It's a good program, and I couldn't go wrong going there. I would get to play everywhere on the court and have a chance to do a lot of different things on the court."

Yeah if there is one thing Georgetown is known for its running up and down the court. Either way, for recruits perception is often reality and there is little that can be done to change it. From what I understand, the Cats are now interested in Hill, but no final decision on an offer will be made until a face-to-face meeting takes place.

he is going to USC no matter what he says

Yeah if there is one thing Georgetown is known for its running up and down the court.
the hell? did the kid say he wants to run up and down?
laugh.gif

but yeah...he's gona be at USC. Kendrick, Roscoe and Rod Odom aren't gona be recruited over. At least I would think.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]Pos.[/td] [td]Yr.[/td] [td]Exp.[/td] [td]Ht./Wt.[/td] [td]Hometown (last school)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Zane Johnson[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]So.[/td] [td]HS[/td] [td]6-5/199[/td] [td]Phoenix, AZ (Thunderbird HS)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]David Bagga[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]3V[/td] [td]6-5/182[/td] [td]Foothill Ranch, CA (Mater Dei)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]Nic Wise[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]2V[/td] [td]5-10/178[/td] [td]Kingwood, TX (Kingwood HS)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24[/td] [td]Fendi Onobun[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]3V[/td] [td]6-6/235[/td] [td]Houston, TX (Alief Taylor)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]34[/td] [td]Chase Budinger[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]2V[/td] [td]6-7/203[/td] [td]Encinitas, CA (La Costa Canyon HS)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]42[/td] [td]Jamelle Horne[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]So.[/td] [td]1V[/td] [td]6-6/204[/td] [td]San Diego, CA (San Diego HS)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]43[/td] [td]Jordan Hill[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]2V[/td] [td]6-10/226[/td] [td]Atlanta, GA (The Patterson School)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]50[/td] [td]Alex Jacobson[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]Fr.[/td] [td]RS[/td] [td]6-11/243[/td] [td]Santa Ana, CA (Mater Dei HS)[/td] [/tr][/table]
Is this really all that's left now?

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I need to dust off my J's and make that trip to Arizona.

I could get a spot on the roster.

Chase better be averaging 25 a game.

One of Arizona's assisants just put a call into my boy who ain't played basketball in about a year and is playing football now. 6'10 350

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

chase still going to play like a soft bum
He can't still play like a soft bum and put up a good 20 a game.

Easy.

There is NO reason for him not to be dropping 25 a game.

then what happen the past few year? he can drive with easy and just shoots jump shots and his jumper ant even that nice. dude is so soft u would think he wasplaying at duke

Back
Top Bottom