The College Basketball Post

UCLA my sleeper in the PAC-12

Don't know if they can compete with Zona's size/athletes but they have them beat on the perimeter even with my guy Nick Johnson

Wear's and Parker play well they definitely can. A plus is their guard rebounding as well.

If Cincy imposes their will, I think that they can give Memphis some problems. Kilpatrick has been cold lately and they haven't secured a big road win yet. Keep the score in the 50-60 range and they definitely have a chance.

I've been high on them since we played them... I really think Alford pulls it together during conference play.
They should improve, but I'm down on Anderson. Just doesn't do it for me.....and his defense leaves a lot to be desired.

If Cincy imposes their will, I think that they can give Memphis some problems. Kilpatrick has been cold lately and they haven't secured a big road win yet. Keep the score in the 50-60 range and they definitely have a chance.
Haven't allowed more than 67 points all season. That's a start defensively.

Johnson creates terrible turnovers at times and Crawford doesn't get enough looks. Goodwin is the key.

I've been high on them since we played them... I really think Alford pulls it together during conference play.
They should improve, but I'm down on Anderson. Just doesn't do it for me.....and his defense leaves a lot to be desired.

I can see it. I love his rebounding and his passing ability, but his lack of speed/quickness bothers me A LOT especially with him being on the ball so much :smh:

I can see it. I love his rebounding and his passing ability, but his lack of speed/quickness bothers me A LOT especially with him being on the ball so much
mean.gif
Dude STILL leaves his feet to make passes. Duke game he had about 4 bad turnovers from that.

On the other hand....Bryce Alford is going to a great college player.

Dude STILL leaves his feet to make passes. Duke game he had about 4 bad turnovers from that.

On the other hand....Bryce Alford is going to a great college player.
Kyle Anderson does everything well though. Shooting the ball well at a high percentage efficiently. Elite rebounder at his position. More than adequate passer despite the turnovers in the Duke game. Contributes defensively with length despite lack of quickness.

He finds a place in the NBA.

Kyle Anderson does everything well though. Shooting the ball well at a high percentage efficiently. Elite rebounder at his position. More than adequate passer despite the turnovers in the Duke game. Contributes defensively with length despite lack of quickness.

He can't guard any position in the NBA tho.  his best shot imo is to get in the weight room hard and get stronger to defend the post cause hes not getting any faster to defend perimeter players

I guess. I would still take quite a few guys over him right now to run my team. And I never doubted that he will make the NBA, just don't ever see him being too special.

Anyone? 
nerd.gif

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/on-the-trail/

-Thanks

Last edited:
^

Print and Go Back ESPN.com: NCB On The Trail [Print without images]

Friday, January 3, 2014
Scout's take: Pitt adds guard Heron
By Adam Finkelstein

ESPN 25 swingman Mustapha Heron (West Haven, Conn./Sacred Heart) made an early verbal commitment to Pittsburgh on Thursday, just days after he and his father took an unofficial visit to Pittsburgh’s campus. Here’s what he’ll bring to the Panthers:

Why he committed: Before we tackle why Pittsburgh, let’s first consider “why now?” since Heron is only games into his sophomore season and literally about a week removed from changing high schools. The answer is that he and his father were looking to avoid what can often be a long and tedious recruiting process for high profile prospects like Heron. Consequently, they had an eye on making an early decision.

As for “why Pittsburgh?” that comes down to a couple of factors. None, however, was more relevant than the relationship between Heron’s father and Panthers’ assistant coach Barry Rohrssen, which began some 25 years ago when the two played professionally together in Poland. While the relationship was the foundation, early indications are that it should be a good fit on a number of other levels as well. First and foremost, Heron is a power guard who fits the prototype of what Pittsburgh looks for in the backcourt. Second, Heron wasn’t going anywhere that he wasn’t going to be an immediate focal point, and very possibly a point guard, and Pittsburgh was in a position to provide both, in large part because of Heron’s talent, but also because of the other players the Panthers already have committed.

What he brings: He’s a powerful and versatile guard with added value because he’s a lefty. While his natural position is on the wing, he’s spent a lot of time playing with the ball in his hands over the last fifteen months and gotten better in the process in a sort of trial-by-fire type process. He’s also become leaner and consequently a step more explosive since last year, while becoming a more consistent shooting threat from the perimeter. While he doesn’t project as ever being a truly elite athlete or pure shooter, you can comfortably expect him to continue working on his total game in the years leading up to his arrival and ultimately being the type of guy who can play multiple positions and operate from various spots on the floor. He’s also got the potential to be a lockdown perimeter defender, which is a role he has shown a willingness to embrace during his first go-round with USA Basketball.

Mustapha Heron
Shooting guard
Committed: Pittsburgh

Pos Rk Stars Grade Hometown

NR
West Haven, CT
How the class is shaping up: While Jamie Dixon currently has a solid four-man class on the books in 2014, he has already locked up three more commitments in 2015 and 2016 with Heron joining 2015 guard Damon Wilson (Powder Springs, Ga./Our Savior New American School) and 2016 swingman Maverick Rowan (Midland, Pa./Lincoln Park). While the current national class of 2014 is proof positive that early commitments can frequently have a change of heart before signing time, there’s no denying that having three early commitments already locked up is a luxury for Pittsburgh. Now it becomes a matter of what many college coaches nowadays refer to as “babysitting” a.k.a. continuing to recruit your already committed prospects so that no other programs can try to wedge a gap in your relationship.

How he fits: With six perimeter players now committed to Pittsburgh in the next three classes, we have a pretty good indication of what the Panthers’ future backcourt will look like. When you evaluate that group collectively it immediately becomes evident that Heron will not only be the primarily playmaker, as the most talented of the bunch, but might even have the opportunity to continue playing the point, since none of the six are true point guards. Playing that position has been very important to Heron early in his high school career, and it will likely be important moving forward. While it can occasionally impact his efficiency now, it’s hard to deny that his best chances of ultimately playing at the highest levels would be if he were able to convert himself to a big lead guard.

Who he reminds us of: The most common comparison is to Indiana Pacers shooting guard Lance Stephenson because he’s a power playmaker who goes through contact to attack the rim and can also act as a secondary ball-handler and facilitator. Heron is also a little bit like current Los Angeles Lakers shooting guard Xavier Henry because of his similarly aggressive style, versatile scoring tools that are best utilized mid-range and the early potential to blossom into a high level defender.

Y'all gotta stop calling him Ender.

This _ is more like the Freddy Adu of the basketball world :lol:

ON POINT.

None of his top supporters on here will even respond to any of this about The God himself though

AMP said he was even falling off the bandwagon but is haven't heard from him since.

What y'all want us to talk about?
How he's leading a team with 4 first round picks in scoring and being a lockdown defender?
His 21 PER?
The fact that he's still the #1 prospect in the country?
The fact that y'all going to have wash your faces for doubting him during conference play/in March?

We call him Ender because he has the same name as the character, besides the fact that he's the chosen one :pimp:

Last edited:
Malta, you better than that Adu comparison. Chicharito or some **** may be a better comp. Adu was doo doo.

He's up to 16 and 5 on 47% shooting heading into conference play. Don't even understand the complaints. Also have no idea what Ender refers to.

Last edited:
Malta, you better than that Adu comparison. Chicharito or some **** may be a better comp. Adu was doo doo.

He's up to 16 and 5 on 47% shooting heading into conference play. Don't even understand the complaints. Also have no idea what Ender refers to.

The book Ender's Game.

The protagonist is Andrew "Ender" Wiggin.

How Roscoe Smith still in school and leading the nation in rebounding?

Son got that unlimited eligibility

ON POINT.

None of his top supporters on here will even respond to any of this about The God himself though

AMP said he was even falling off the bandwagon but is haven't heard from him since.

I said I was falling back on the hype a little but I'm still a big fan of the kid and he still has the second highest ceiling to me after Embiid. Co-sign everything ComeUp said, the kid came in with ridiculous expectations, has been really solid. You want to call him a bust I'm fine with that but it shows how reactionary you are. He's 18 years old and an athletic freak who projects to be an all defensive team guy at the least. Everyone who follows HSBB knew he wasn't as polished as the other guys, there is no surprise here.

I value guys who project to be amazing finishers around the hoop like him, I feed into the hype a little too much but I would still prolly have him second on my big board. Basketball is a two way game and I think he can be a transcendent defender so forgive me for valuing that.

I'm just bored of discussing this ****, you guys are in here every day drilling on the kid, that is not why I used to enjoy this thread.

I said I was falling back on the hype a little but I'm still a big fan of the kid and he still has the second highest ceiling to me after Embiid. Co-sign everything ComeUp said, the kid came in with ridiculous expectations, has been really solid. You want to call him a bust I'm fine with that but it shows how reactionary you are. He's 18 years old and an athletic freak who projects to be an all defensive team guy at the least. Everyone who follows HSBB knew he wasn't as polished as the other guys, there is no surprise here.

I value guys who project to be amazing finishers around the hoop like him, I feed into the hype a little too much but I would still prolly have him second on my big board. Basketball is a two way game and I think he can be a transcendent defender so forgive me for valuing that.

I'm just bored of discussing this ****, you guys are in here every day drilling on the kid, that is not why I used to enjoy this thread.
Don't act like you haven't contributed to the thread not being enjoyable. Acting all sensitive every time anyone had any minor criticism of the dude. Acting like only regulars were allowed to post in here. Trying to put yourself as the authority on college basketball. Please

Last edited:
I agree with AMP in a certain way. There are people that ONLY post about the poor kid and no one else.

They don't discuss any other team, player, coach or recruit... Which means they come in here just to hate on the kid.

Back
Top Bottom