The College Basketball Post

remember when Andrew Harrison was "head and shoulders" above Aaron?

Aaron's been better... really been cooking lately, too. 18 a game the last 6.

Individually, the only guy who hasn't lived up to they hype has been Andrew. I'm not too concerned with the dudes not in the 8 man rotation... not now, anyway. a little disappointed in Young, too... brings nothing to the table but points right now, worst passer on the team.

if UK played OSU's schedule, they'd probably be undefeated, still ranked #1 maybe #2 behind Zona. 1 loss at the worst (@ Marquette)... maybe.

need a W badly tomorrow, tho.

gimme Wall and them vs. 2012... the gap between the teams' best and worst players (Wall and Teague) is too much. WVU game was too fluky, that team was better than the game that defined them.

Last edited:
I'm really disappointed in Derrick Walton. I don't think he's bad but I think he might defer too much. Thought there wouldn't be this much of a drop off from him and Burke.

Crazy how well t jones is looking in his role with the rockets.

While dudes like deron lamb and teague are playing like trash

Mitch my Canadian, I hate it had to be him :smh:

Hype was through the roof after the tournament last year, he tried to pull a Marcus Smart

Funny thing about McGary is he was once ranked number 2 behind Nerlens, then dropped to the 50's. He's been on the scene for some time and is an up and down player. Mitch is also pretty old for his class. I just see him as a hustle guy at the next level.

If anyone had a chance to see the Twins up close, this wouldn't surprise you. Andrew and his brother are virtually the same player, only thing is Andrew was dubbed a Pg, and is learning how to play the position. While Aaron just goes out and tries to get buckets. Andrew doesn't really do anything great. Just big and fundamenaly sound for his position.

The 40-0 talk wasn't expected for this year's team, at least not from Cal. He simply stated he would like to have a team go 40-0 before he retired.

Our current team is very talented, but very young and not fundamentally sound.

As the season progresses I'm curious which way things end up: Team clicks toward end of year makes a deep run. Or do some of the freshmen continue to perform below expectations and stick around for another year?

As things stand now I'd not be shocked to see the Harrisons and Young stick around for a sophomore year.

It's not just Kentucky though, I think the talent overall in this class was overrated before the start of the season. Even I am beginning to sour on Wiggins a little bit and while it's still a really good class, its not that once in a decade class people were hyping it up to be. Although I think Embiid could be incredibly good the more I watch him. As I always say, size doesn't grow on trees, not many guys with his size/skill level combination. Then you factor in how long he has been playing and his room for further development :smh:

:lol: wow

You went off on me about calling Wiggins out just a few weeks ago. Why is it you're beginning to sour on him? You take your drunk goggles off, or did you actually watch his full college games?

80% of the time you don't even realize he's out on the court.

Last edited:
Ennis brothers face off today at the Carrier Dome 
pimp.gif

Pissed that I can't be there to watch these two teams battle it out today.

Shame McGary's back isn't holding up. He should have went after his monster tourney like JMM his freshman year.

I'm taking Syracuse by 3. 57-54.

Louisville by 1. 61-60.

Covering UConn game. Calhoun is in the doghouse with his shooting. Giffey gets the start. Kromah also pushing for minutes.

I like the Wall team most, but you could argue for either the 2010 or 2012 squad being best in recent Kentucky history.

I believe it was CBS Sports that argued Kentucky would be undefeated with Ohio State's schedule. Those early growing pains and strength of schedule pay dividends in March. Ask Izzo. Sparty's a fair loss that early in the season. UNC plays the premier teams well apparently. Baylor I won't excuse. Thought they would fall into a trap against Boise, which they didn't.

Drew is learning the position. College point isn't easy to run and he's not acclimating quickly as I thought.

Young is purely a shooter, scorer. Doesn't defend well in transition, costly in the Sparty game despite his offense.

Dakari is not athletic and lacks good hands.

Yeah it's crazy to see the role he's carved up for himself. He's like a hyped up energy off the bench perfect role player now. He was always something like a smooth Lamar Odom type of player.

Memphis goes as far as Goodwin contributes. Guard play obviously carries but they need Shaq's double-doubles. And Crawford needs more touches, shots.

Johnson is a frustrating player to watch. Always wants the ball in his hands. Over dribbles. Silly turnovers.

Back
Top Bottom