The College Basketball Post

What in the **** were you watching?

Reggie Bullock is not better at ANYTHING than PJ. You wanna talk about useless other than catch and shoot and strictly one or two dribbles and pullup jumper.....that's Bullock. He's a great shooter, has great size and is a solid player in his own right but PJ is a 6'6 230 pound ox at shooting guard with range deeper than NBA three pointer, guarded literally four different positions at times for UNC and can straight body dudes to the basket and finish with contact when he doesn't settle for the jumper.

Nobody in this state gave a damn about Bullock leaving.

keeL252 & awwsome, I'm not sure which PJ Hairston and Reggie Bullock y'all were watching, but PJ and Reggie were totally different players. Reggie was the catch and shoot guy or 1-2 dribbles and a jumper. Couldn't create any offense on his own AT ALL. I swear I only saw 6'7" Bullock dunk the ball once or twice the whole time he was at UNC. If he had the ball in his hands i literally was hoping he would shoot it or take 1-2 dribbles and be at the basket cause his handles were awful for a D1 player playing at UNC imo.

PJ on the other hand, was a dog/beast on the court. Dunking on people, trying to dunk on people,catching rebound tip dunks. He had to guard the 2 thru the 5 position last year, and had success doing it. That's why UNC's offense last year was good, he was able to get to the basket on bigger guys and shoot/post up the smaller guys that were guarding him.

They both rebound well and can both shoot the ball well, but PJ is better at EVERYTHING than Bullock, and it really isn't close.

Too bad this year Leslie McDonald and PJ aren't reversed, Leslie is a chunky butt that can't move his feet to save his life.

Feel like Louisville even with there ranking has flown under the radar this year even with there ranking being what it is.

Can't remember the last time Pitino has had this few primetime games which is weird

Ready for Saturday.

I think Cuse definitely beats Nova.

I'm tempted to pick Louisville even at Rupp.
Really? I think NOVA will give Syracuse a really good game.

Louisville should beat UK. They are the worst matchup for Kentucky.

Last edited:

Off topic, but it still baffles me how this UK team didn't go all the way

Real talk I think one of the best teams to not win it all or at least get to the final four even.  Wall and Bledsoe were the best backcourt in the nation and Cousins was the best low post player in the nation with Patrick Patterson, Perry Stevenson, Darius Miller, Darnell Dodson, Deandre Liggins

Which UK team y'all think is better the 2010 or 2012 squad?
I think the 2012 squad was a better defensive team while 2010 was better offensively but had the glaring weakness of lack of outside shooting which did them in against West Virginia 

Last edited:
I think the 2012 squad was a better defensive team while 2010 was better offensively but had the glaring weakness of lack of outside shooting which did them in against West Virginia 

I agree, i'd take the 2012 team because of their shooting even though in terms of talent 2010 > 2012... If only Jodie Meeks stayed or Xavier Henry followed Cal

Yea, I've always said that the 2010 UK team was the most talented and Cal's best recruiting class. The 2012 team had the best mix of freshmen, holdovers and defensive minded players. Plus a better outside shooting team.

They WVU team was great too. An absolute terror on defense with rangy 6'8 guys at every position that could switch EVERYTHING.

Sad seeing Butler tear his ACL against Duke in the final four Huggy Bear is an underrated coach.

Some players have all the talent in the world but never seem to win. Wall will be one of those players his whole career.

Anthony Davis was unreal in 2012, then you had Darius Miller, Daron Lamb hitting threes. Teague was erratic but MKG locked down anybody and was stronger than every other kid at his position. With all the dynamic players on the 2010 team, they could not shoot and that's crazy. The 2012 team is less talented but more cohesive, Davis one of the best players in CBB ever IMO though, had no doubt he'd show it at the next level.

Last edited:
Don't forget Terrence Jones was on that team. All those weakside rebounds, plus he could block tons of shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
that 2010 UK squad was one of my favorite teams

The match up for Teague would be a nightmare, he would never make it out alive... Offensively & Defensively he would get dogged by Bledsoe & John :x
Doron v Bledsoe or John would've been a goodie considering the way he played there
DMC v Chibrow would be a great match up
Pat v Terrence would be a wash
Liggins v MKG very interesting considering Liggins ability to defend him matching his size, quickness, & strength

Overall I'm not sure who to give the edge too because UK plays man and that 2010 team used to feast on man, but then you have to look at Chibrows ability to erase the glass which forces you to look at John's ability to drive and find DMC & Pat.

It would be a helluva game :pimp:

The 2012 team was the best TEAM Calipari has ever had and one of the best I've ever seen put together. They gelled from day 1 it seemed and had two of the best college defenders to ever do it on that team. They just played smart and under control...they didn't play glorified pickup ball like most of Cal's other teams. They knew how to win.

Since we're on the topic of UK basketball, do you guys think this years team will end up performing up to their potential?

Nope. I said it out the gate that the Talent level of this team is overatted. People got caught up in rankings, and didn't realize that the twins, Dakari, young and Lee would not be super frosh out the gate.

I think they are perform to realistic expectations. This is a bubble top 25 team. This team is better, but similar to last year's UK team. Which was wrongly ranked #3 preseason based solely on recruiting class.

WCS & Pothryess are the best hold overs..... That should tell you something.

Nope. I said it out the gate that the Talent level of this team is overatted. People got caught up in rankings, and didn't realize that the twins, Dakari, young and Lee would not be super frosh out the gate.

I think they are perform to realistic expectations. This is a bubble top 25 team. This team is better, but similar to last year's UK team. Which was wrongly ranked #3 preseason based solely on recruiting class.

WCS & Pothryess are the best hold overs..... That should tell you something.
Young has been pretty good tho.  The Harrisons were expected to be a lot better and the team just doesn't play good defense outside of WCS.  

It's not just Kentucky though, I think the talent overall in this class was overrated before the start of the season. Even I am beginning to sour on Wiggins a little bit and while it's still a really good class, its not that once in a decade class people were hyping it up to be. Although I think Embiid could be incredibly good the more I watch him. As I always say, size doesn't grow on trees, not many guys with his size/skill level combination. Then you factor in how long he has been playing and his room for further development :smh:

Young has been pretty good tho.  The Harrisons were expected to be a lot better and the team just doesn't play good defense outside of WCS.  

Yeah Randle has met expectations as well. I think Cal didn't help the team out with all the undefeated talk during the offseason. While most of them haven't olayed up to anyone's expectations including Cal himself, IMO when its all said and done I still think they'll end up figuring it out and ending the year off on a tear

I think the undefeated talk had a lot to do with ppl expecting the Harrisons to be as good as that Wall and Bledsoe backcourt as freshmen which I don't know why cause I never thought they'd be that good.  Also, Dakari Johnson is just trash, like I knew he was unathletic but he looks like a 38 year old Pat Ewing out there when he tries to get off the floor.  If Calipari can't somehow get Myles Turner to commit to UK which is a longshot they won't be that strong in the middle with Towns and Dakari next season

Meh. They've lost 3 close games to good teams all away from home. They win tomorrow and the outlook starts looking very different.

Back
Top Bottom