The College Basketball Post

His highlight film doesn't look that good, but he's still rocking those braids
laugh.gif
He cut his hair actually. He doesn't do anything that will wow you, but he has good size and shooting ability. Should be a solid contributor to a high major. Curious as to what you mean by the media creates "monsters". Seems to be a humble kid who's earned his ranking.

I watched his highlight reel and 3/4 was lay ups.
laugh.gif
 Kid is ranked top 40 in the Nation. He's 6'4 now

His highlight film doesn't look that good, but he's still rocking those braids :lol:
He cut his hair actually. He doesn't do anything that will wow you, but he has good size and shooting ability. Should be a solid contributor to a high major. Curious as to what you mean by the media creates "monsters". Seems to be a humble kid who's earned his ranking.

I meant expectations,kids are expected to grow into monsters due to the hype they receive at an early age.

And when some/most of them turn out to be average to decent players we scoff and label them bust, it's not fair to them tbh.

I meant expectations,kids are expected to grow into monsters due to the hype they receive at an early age.

And when some/most of them turn out to be average to decent players we scoff and label them bust, it's not fair to them tbh.
Got you. I agree completely

The thing is Lebron lived up to the hype.  Now they'll say that its proven it can happen so they're looking for the next kid to live up to the hype

Cannot wait for the games tonight, best slate so far?

Alabama in a must win for the program/Anthony Grant

Memphis/Pastner with another legit shot to take down a top dog

Pittsburgh/Cincy will be a tournament style game already, yet we see them play year in and year out so it's not as exciting to some

Wichita State over Bama. Early, Cotton, Baker, VanVleet.

Memphis over Florida. No Chris Walker yet. Hill and Wilbekin still getting used to playing together. Crawford, Dixon, Jackson, Johnson. Goodwin is the x-factor. Double-double machine recently. Helped in the OK State rematch. Helps tonight against Young and Yeugete.

Pitt may be the most underrated team in the country. By committee. Patterson is my favorite player on that squad. Such a good passer, helps move Dixon's offense.

The thing is Lebron lived up to the hype.  Now they'll say that its proven it can happen so they're looking for the next kid to live up to the hype
The thing with Lebron is that he wasn't put on that pedestal at 11,12,13 like some of these kids are. He got that "next" label at 16.

They rank 8 year olds today. That's ridiculous.

The thing with Lebron is that he wasn't put on that pedestal at 11,12,13 like some of these kids are. He got that "next" label at 16.

They rank 8 year olds today. That's ridiculous.
They were ranking kids early back then too.  Lebron just wasn't that high on the rankings til soph year of HS at #2 in the nation before quickly taking the #1 spot.  The young phenom in his class years before was Major Wingate who was a 6'9 8th grade man child from Florence, SC.  They had Wingate in Slam and everything.  He just was like Derrick Caracter where he started falling off in HS and by his senior year he was ranked around 50 and went to Tennessee and never even made it to the NBA

Maybe they did....but that was before the YouTube era.

I shouldn't be able to go on YouTube and see a highlight reel of a kid in the 2nd grade

Maybe they did....but that was before the YouTube era.

I shouldn't be able to go on YouTube and see a highlight reel of a kid in the 2nd grade
I mean I see your point, I was just saying that Lebron living up to the hype will have these scouting services and publications wanting to be the ones to pick out the early phenom that will end up living up to it as the next Lebron.  I just don't think it'll stop

Media is obsessed with potential, it's not the prospect's fault, all they can do is play their game.

Speaks to why you have guys coming out yelling Wiggins is a bum after his first couple games because all the magazine covers/ESPN hype.

People have to realize LeBron is an anomaly, he's the outlier not the norm, even for an elite player. It's ridiculous to compare anybody to him and a disservice to young kids who could still be great players in their own right.

Youth basketball is ****** up in a lot of ways, that's just one.

Last edited:
I think only buc em is calling wiggins a Corey brewer. Most everyone else who has criticized wiggins are simply saying they don't think he's "next". Not that he's a bum. I think a lot of folks just want the expectations lowered some

Last edited:
I can't even believe what I'm seeing with this fsu vs. Charlotte game. Is this real?

You already know, my man.

Pastner coaching Memphis up and having fun while doing it.

Tipping back Brooklyn Winter's and crushing some leftover chicken and rice from Halal Guys on 53rd and 6th.

The future is too real. King and Iverson have crazy length and size. Markel Crawford is another Tigers freshman I'm excited about.

Why am I not at this game is the better question. MSG is a bus away. Day off from work. Guess heavy snow is my excuse, been shoveling all day.

Thursday is a bad day to be on the clock for Duke/UCLA. Zach LaVine, Kyle Anderson, Jordan Adams. I ride for them UCLA boys, no Jason Collins. LaVine's athleticism, hops, and jumper are all nice but I don't know about the Russy comparison.

Back
Top Bottom