The College Basketball Post

i just seen the arizona and uab highlights, and %%@ happened? how can you be that clueless???

btw, is it me or robert vaden been in college for quite sometime? haha

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Early indications are that Tyler Zeller is done for the season.
eyes.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
ohwell.gif
Yep. It's quickly becoming one of those seasons.
smh.gif

Zeller out indefinitely, won't travel west with UNC

By Andy Katz
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: November 19, 2008, 3:10 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

North Carolina freshman forward Tyler Zeller suffered a "serious injury" to his left hand and wrist on a dunk attempt late in Tuesday night's winover Kentucky, an injury that will keep him out of the Tar Heels' lineup for the foreseeable future.

[+] Enlarge
Tyler Zeller

Bob Donnan/US Presswire

Tyler Zeller won't make the Tar Heels' trip west after sustaining a wrist injury against Kentucky.
North Carolina spokesman Steve Kirschner said the school would have more information on the injury once team doctors examined Zeller later Wednesday afternoonin Chapel Hill. Kirschner said that Zeller would not likely join the team on its Wednesday evening flight to Santa Barbara, Calif., for its game againstUC-Santa Barbara on Friday night, or the team's three games next week at the Maui Invitational in Hawaii.

Zeller, who started UNC's first two games in place of returning national player of the year Tyler Hansbrough, was fouled on the attempted dunk byKentucky's Ramon Harris with 1:26 left. Zeller hit the court hard and landed on his left wrist. He was helped off the court and immediately went to thelocker room.

The 7-foot Zeller scored a team-high 18 points in UNC's season-opening win over Pennsylvania last Saturday in Chapel Hill. Zeller wasn't effectiveagainst Kentucky's Patrick Patterson Tuesday, scoring just two points in 22 minutes.

Hansbrough hasn't played this season due to a stress reaction in his right shin. He told ESPN.com Tuesday night that he would practice Wednesday and hopedhe could play Friday night. But Williams cautioned that the Tar Heels would be very conservative in bringing Hansbrough back to ensure he's 100 percent.

Meanwhile, senior forward Marcus Ginyard is also out with a stress fracture in his left foot. Ginyard said Tuesday night that he would take his timerecovering, too, and hoped to be back in early December.

In Hansbrough's absence, junior forward Deon Thompson scored 20 points and grabbed nine rebounds against Kentucky. Freshman forward Ed Davis recorded hissecond straight double-figure rebound game, giving him 24 boards in two games.

With Hansbrough uncertain and Zeller and Ginyard out, Thompson and Davis could start against UCSB on Friday and against Alabama, Notre Dame or Texas next weekin Maui -- without any true frontcourt backup.

smh.gif

He will most likely get his eligibility back. Devendorf got his back 8 games into the season.

And yea its good the DA didn't get involved as long as you have no interest besides basketball.
But it just shows another case of athletes getting preferential treatment.

The team is in bad shape. So many off court problems. We REALLY need Hopkins to come in.

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

Lazy B, DA decided not to get involved...you think thats good sign or not?

All it is is preferential treatment so you can't say that its a good sign. He's sweeping it under the rug after he filed the investigation. Syracuse isa small city so you had better believe he was pressured not to go after Devendorf especially if he wants to get re-elected next time around. As I said earlier,his son is a student at SU so his son would have received a lot of hate mail as a result of his father's actions. OJA is going to drop the case and hewon't be punished. This is strike two for the program IMO. I think if something else happens again you are going to have ESPN along with other mediaoutlets question what's going on in Syracuse.

I definitely have to co-sign what SCuse said. Boeheim has to step down. The program is spiraling out of control and he's letting it happen.

Ive heard from numerous players that Hop is the really the coach they listen to anyway. A lot of players have lost respect for Boeheim after Louie McCroskeythrew a chair at B and called him a N. Boeheim has pulled players from bad areas and Syracuse not being Pleasantville doesn;t help the cause. Look at where ourplayers derive from. Philly, Bay City, Niagra Falls, Baltimore and BELGIUM (sarcasm).

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Boeheim has to step down. The program is spiraling out of control and he's letting it happen.
Seems a bit extreme.
Maybe I should have said retire.. Hopkins is the coach, everyone who pays close attention to the games knows that. Boeheim is just there as afigurehead similar to that of the emperor of Japan following World War 2, he has no real purpose. Like DoItAllPaul said, he's also recruiting playerswho've had character issues and/or records from bad places (not that it means anything).

laugh.gif
I knew Durand was going to Miami
pimp.gif
. His lifestyle outside of basketball had a lot to do with that choice.

eek.gif
I've been running errands all day and just found out about Zeller.Davis and Thompson are gonna have to seriously step up. We're about to have to reach DEEP into the bench...

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Lazy B

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

?
Maybe not a lot but it had an influence on the decision. Outside of basketball, all Durand likes to do is get fresh, make money and be around
pimp.gif
chicks. You aren't going to find that in Storrs or Pittsburgh. Plushe'll get a lot of playing time down there as well.

ORTON'S PAYCHECK NEARLY FIVE THOUSAND

No wonder Larry Orton didn't want to tell me how much money he received per speaking appearance at Kentucky camps.

It's because Orton, whose son, Daniel, signed with the school this past week, received $4,800 for 16 speaking engagements in Lexington.

Those numbers, along with the $1,950 that Daniel Orton's older brother, Terrence Crawford received for nine speaking appearances, are mind-blowing.

The Louisville Courier-Journal obtained those figures under Kentucky's open-records law.

Remember, it's not illegal to pay coaches (Orton is technically an assistant AAU coach) to speak at camps. Not yet, anyway.

Gary Parrish pointed out the most hilarious part of the Zona game was after Fogg fouled, it was Horne that came right over to him to calm him down and counselhim
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

?
Maybe not a lot but it had an influence on the decision. Outside of basketball, all Durand likes to do is get fresh, make money and be around
pimp.gif
chicks. You aren't going to find that in Storrs or Pittsburgh. Plus he'll get a lot of playing time down there as well.

Yea, Frank is really starting to run a good program down there. Reminds me of USC because who wouldn't want to live in Miami all year around, warm weather,beautiful woman and plus Florida has basketball talent all over. I expect them to really be a big threat in the ACC for years to come.

Fat !@* Gallon choose Oklahoma. Homey won't do +%+% there until he loses a good amount of weight.

I guess Moser And Jamil decided to wait 'till Spring to decide on a school.

Yea, Frank is really starting to run a good program down there. Reminds me of USC because who wouldn't want to live in Miami all year around, warm weather, beautiful woman and plus Florida has basketball talent all over. I expect them to really be a big threat in the ACC for years to come.
Not to mention the U ain't a bad school, same like USC.

"I saw the guy with the ball going 94 feet and the last thing I wanted to do was give him an uncontested shot," Horne said. "And I saw him infront of me so I tried to foul him and the ref called what. … I don't know what he called it."
laugh.gif

Word is Dashonte Riley has backed out of his commitment
smh.gif

but then "Georgetown sources" said he sent in his LOI...

who knows...

Kentucky is among the teams in the 2010 Maui Invitational Field, announced today.

Connecticut, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Virginia, Washington and Wichita State also will join host Chaminade in the 2010 event.
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
Has chitownlegend played for Purdue yet
nerd.gif
?
No more ball for me
frown.gif
. Long story.

This N' Zeller for UNC is a STRAIGHT scrub I swear
smh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. Dude won Mr. Basketball in Indiana but played NO ONE good. AAUhe was scrubbing it up too. N' only gets leeway because dude is 7 feet tall
smh.gif
. He's basura IMO.

Back
Top Bottom