The College Basketball Post

The season isn't over yet, but things are starting to look all too familiar. We lost our last regular season game last year in Charlottesville, followedby a first game loss in the ACC tournament.
grin.gif
tired.gif

With the we've been playing, I think we get it done at the end of the season this year. Gary's got the team behind him and the whole team is playingmuch for confidently since the UNC game. We CAN'T lose Saturday. (I'll be on suicide watch if wedo)

Go Terps!

Time for a quick "Blind Resume" look...
Team A : Overall 21-8 (7-7)
RPI: 34 SOS: 36 Last 12: 6-6

Top 50: 4-5 Top 100: 7-8 Worst RPI loss: 73

Wins: Texas, Arizona, LSU, OK State

Team B: Overall 21-8 (8-6)

RPI: 44 SOS: 97 Last 12: 7-5

Top 50: 2-6 Top 100: 6-7 Worst RPI loss: 204

Wins: Washington, South Carolina

Team C: Overall 19-10 (8-6)

RPI: 66 SOS: 64 Last 12: 6-6

Top 50: 4-6 Top 100: 6-8 Worst RPI loss: 134

Wins: Tenn(2), West Virginia, Florida

Team D: Overall 18-9 (8-8 )

RPI: 42 SOS: 28 Last 12: 6-6

Top 50: 6-8 Top 100: 8-9 Worst RPI loss: 81

Wins: Butler, Notre Dame, Michigan(2)

I'm sure a lot of you will know who these teams are...

Rest of the nation beside the MWC is missing out on an incredible athlete:

i'm like the only one hyping him up on youtube with my 10+ vids

it's not just a weak bubble .. this entire year is a down season.

my man rosario couldn't wait to get out of St.A's and get tatted up. lol.

The season has not been particularly good....

- there is no great team that I see and talent level is down.

I think there will be more of the same next year, too.

But after that..2010, 2011....College Hoops should be great.

WEST COAST CONFERENCE

Player of the Year - John Bryant, 6-11, C, Sr., Santa Clara
Co-Newcomer of the Year - T.J. Campbell, 5-9, Jr., G, Portland and Kevin Foster, 6-2, G, Fr., Santa Clara
Coach of the Year - Eric Reveno, Portland
Defensive Player of the Year - Diamon Simpson, 6-7, F, Sr., Saint Mary's

All-League First Team
Matt Bouldin, 6-5, G, Jr., Gonzaga
John Bryant
T.J. Campbell
Josh Heytvelt, 6-11, C, Sr., Gonzaga
Dior Lowhorn, 6-7, F, Jr., San Francisco
Patrick Mills, 6-0, G, Soph., Saint Mary's
Gyno Pomare, 6-8, F, Sr., San Diego
Nik Raivio, 6-4, G, Jr., Portland
Omar Samhan, 6-11, C, Jr., Saint Mary's
Diamon Simpson

* John Bryant's 15.1 rebounds per game was the highest in the league since Bill Cartwright averaged 16.1 for San Francisco back in 1979.

Conference Tourney Schedule

Friday - first round in Las Vegas
No. 5 San Diego vs. No. 8 Loyola Marymount
No. 6 Pepperdine vs. No. 7 San Francisco

No. 1 Gonzaga and No. 2 Saint Mary's receive bye until semifinals
No. 3 Portland and No. 4 Santa Clara receive first-round bye

Saturday - Quarterfinals
Sunday - semifinals
Monday - Championship
It's no secret that Georgia has identified Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel as its guy to replace Dennis Felton in Athens.

What is surprising is that, according to sources close to the situation, the Bulldogs are prepared to offer Capel in excess of $2 million per season.

Capel, 34, is one of the elite young coaches in the country. He was the head coach at VCU for four seasons before being hired by Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione in 2006.

Capel was 16-15 in his first season in Norman, but has gone 47-13 since and the Sooners are in position to receive a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament unless they falter down the stretch.

Georgia fired Felton in the middle of this season. Other names that have been mentioned as possible replacements include the guy who followed Capel at VCU, Anthony Grant, as well as former NBA head coach Sam Mitchell.

While Capel stands atop the list, the question becomes why Capel would leave Oklahoma for Georgia. The job he has is better.

However, one issue that is interesting is that Capel is the sixth highest-paid coach in the Big 12. There's no doubt he should be behind Texas' Rick Barnes and Kansas' Bill Self, but he makes less than Oklahoma State's Travis Ford, Baylor's Scott Drew and Texas A&M's Mark Turgeon.

Look for that to change whether Capel remains in Norman or not.
Gota think he'll be able to get more money from OU now and stay put.

[h2]NCAA investigating Arizona[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

TUCSON, Ariz. -- The NCAA is investigating Arizona's basketball program for alleged recruiting violations, according to a letter sent to universitypresident Robert Shelton.

The Arizona Daily Star reported on its Web site that the allegations stem from initially self-reported violations involving an elite recruiting event atMcKale Center known as the Cactus Classic.

The letter, obtained through a public records request, says the NCAA could expand its investigation if it obtains new information while inspecting theprogram.

Penalties for recruiting violations could include a loss of scholarships and/or recruiting visits.

The NCAA told Shelton it planned to complete its investigation by May 1.

Dashonte Riley is down to Cuse and Marquette....will decide at the end of the year.

drop G'Town for 1 school who has never sent a big man to the NBA in their history and the other who can hang their hat on Rony Seikaly and Etan Thomas...

Best of luck to him.

I want a 7 footer again
laugh.gif

ARIZONA SEARCH GOES ON

I spoke to Arizona athletic director Jim Livengood yesterday and his search continues for a coach to replace Lute Olson.

Livengood spoke glowingly about the job Russ Pennell has done as the interim coach, but his search to find a successor to Olson is focused on finding someonewho has been successful at the highest level.

Livengood said the most difficult part of the process is not putting coaches in jeopardy with their current schools.

``That's what I'm most concerned about, because I wouldn't want that done to us," he said.

One major concern has been whether Arizona has enough money to land a big-name guy such as a Tom Izzo (Michigan State), Jamie Dixon (Pittsburgh) or Mark Few(Gonzaga).

Livengood refrained from speaking about specific coaches, but said there have been several high-profile coaches who have expressed interest in the job.

``The salary issue is not as big of an issue," Livengood said. "We're prepared to pay fair market value, but we're not going to overpay,either."

While some have speculated that former NBA and New Mexico State coach Reggie Theus is in the mix, sources have told FOXSports.com that Theus is not alegitimate candidate despite his west coast recruiting ties.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

lol. don't believe he has a choice.

laugh.gif
na i know....it just cracks me up how there was even talk about himleaving, dude wont even get as much burn next year with Wes Johnson coming in

Honestly, i would nt even have a problem with Russ remaining the HC.

He got them fightin and playin tougher than Ive seen them play in the last 3 yrs.

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Paul Harris says hes coming back for his senior year....
eyes.gif
He has no choice. He's not making it to the NBA after next year either. He just needs to get his degree in whatever the school chose for himand see if he can get an invite to the NFL Combine or something. His game is trash all around.

Cuse could be major next year if Flynn stays ..

Flynn needs one more year, I don't care what the 'experts' say.

dude wont even get as much burn next year with Wes Johnson coming in
Yeah he will. Boeheim will continue to run a 7 man rotation like always and who's to say that Southerland and Triche will be ready to play. Weall saw what happened with Mookie. He wasn't ready to play and he got redshirted, don't believe that injury excuse for a second.

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

Cuse could be major next year if Flynn stays ..
Yea but in this weak class there is no way Johnny stays especially if he balls out in the BET or the NCAA's

Back
Top Bottom