The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Missouri
Leo Lyons and DeMarre Carroll are all you need to know. Missouri is pretty shallow down low, and those are really their only post players that areanything better than below average. They're getting pretty solid support from their guards, particularly Matt Lawrence and JT Tiller. They also have anunder-the-radar freshman in Marcus Denmon who is really contributing early.

I think the main difference between this year and last year is the discipline. They had a lot of guys last year that didn't seem to be the brightest guysand didn't seem to want to listen to the coach. That seems to be different this year.

This is a team that I'm really questioning come conference play, though. They don't have the depth down low to make me believe that they'll be ableto stick around in games once they start facing some quality bigs. If Carroll and Lyons get in foul trouble, the team is screwed. I don't think the guardsare solid enough to be able to keep a game close should one or both of those big guys get in foul trouble or hurt.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

did mike patrick just say ty lawson was the fastest player he ever seen in bball?

*changes this crap and goes back to espnnews*

ant this fool been calling bball games since the stone age?
Like someone said before. The Duke and UNC slurpage is at a all time high. Talk about media crush
eyes.gif
Can't blame them. UNC's way ahead of everyone else right now they might actually deserve the media hype. It's just too bad the otherteams don't even deserve press time.
laugh.gif

So I was looking at the rankings for both men and womens CBB and i just thought it was funny that UNC and UCONN claim that top 2 spots in each.

UNC men ranked #1 and UCONN men ranked #2
UCONN women ranked #1 and UNC women ranked #2

Pretty interesting stuff. Last time the UCONN men and womens program were ranked this high simultaneously, they brought dual CBB chapionships back tostorrs...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What are y'all thoughts on the female squads--and ultimately, who do you think will bring the trophy home. Personally, and somewhat biased, i say UCONNcause they've proved their superiority thus far...word to the 28 point dismantling of then #4 Oklahoma, now #5, and the 59 point destruction of Holycross...

Is the A-10 this overlooked?
nope... the SEC is just this bad. honestly, i don't ever remember seeing the league look like this. it's kinda embarrassing. could makefor an interesting conference race, though (like the ACC in football this year, where everyone was very mediocre and there were no clear-cut elite teams).

Damn I sleep way too late. I'm just now waking up
smh.gif

Today's TV schedule:

Sunday, December 14[table][tr][th=""]Game[/th] [th=""]Network[/th] [th=""]Coverage Notes[/th] [th=""]PPV?[/th] [th=""]Time[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Niagara at USF[/td] [td]
wngs.jpg

Bright House-Tampa
[/td] [td]
sny.jpg
fcs-a.jpg

Time Warner-Rochester
Time Warner-Syracuse
[/td] [td]
espnfc.jpg
[/td] [td]1pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Longwood at Virginia Tech[/td] [td]
csn-ma.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]2pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wright St. at Wake Forest[/td] [td]
fsn_hd.jpg
[/td] [td]FSN List[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Oklahoma St. at TAMU-Corpus Christi[/td] [td]Cowboy Sports[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
espnfc.jpg
[/td] [td]4pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]UTEP at New Mexico St.[/td] [td]Aggie Vision[/td] [td]
altitude.jpg
[/td] [td]
espnfc.jpg
[/td] [td]4pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gonzaga vs. Arizona
(at Phoenix, AZ)
[/td] [td]
fsn_hd.jpg
[/td] [td]FSN List[/td] [td] [/td] [td]6pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Stanford at Colorado St.[/td] [td]
cbs-cs.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]7pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Villanova at LaSalle[/td] [td]
espnu.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]7pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Portland St. at Washington[/td] [td]
fs-nw.jpg
[/td] [td]
fcs-p.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]8pm[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

So I was looking at the rankings for both men and womens CBB and i just thought it was funny that UNC and UCONN claim that top 2 spots in each.

UNC men ranked #1 and UCONN men ranked #2
UCONN women ranked #1 and UNC women ranked #2

Pretty interesting stuff. Last time the UCONN men and womens program were ranked this high simultaneously, they brought dual CBB chapionships back to storrs...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What are y'all thoughts on the female squads--and ultimately, who do you think will bring the trophy home. Personally, and somewhat biased, i say UCONN cause they've proved their superiority thus far...word to the 28 point dismantling of then #4 Oklahoma, now #5, and the 59 point destruction of Holy cross...
Ms. Moore is the best women's college basketball player and with Tennessee not looking as strong this year I expect UCONN to cut down thenets. They're just too strong.

What are y'all thoughts on the female squads--and ultimately, who do you think will bring the trophy home.

Like you said, "Personally, and somewhat biased,"...Texas A&M
pimp.gif

The Alabama announcer called BJ Holmes a "little bitty peckerhead" on TV last night
laugh.gif

something i read on a blog today...

So lets say you are a high school basketball recruit. You are interested in a number of schools, one of which is Kentucky, in part because you are friends with its star commitment Daniel Orton. It is unclear whether you have been offered a scholarship, but you keep mentioning the Cats and there is clearly some interest between you and the school. Then lets say that you go on your Facebook site and write this:

Terrence says Liggins look like some s***… so since im the toilet i'll flush that ****a down da toilet regardless if Yall think it or not." Bucket Betta" No turnovas.

And then lets say that some UK fans get offended at the comment and write something back to you, and you respond with this:

Terrence is sorry to Daniel R. Brown and other fans who got but hurt for my comment about Liggins… Ill just let his game speak for himself…. Im a Trap Star

that's Terrence as in Terrence Boyd.

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

something i read on a blog today...

So lets say you are a high school basketball recruit. You are interested in a number of schools, one of which is Kentucky, in part because you are friends with its star commitment Daniel Orton. It is unclear whether you have been offered a scholarship, but you keep mentioning the Cats and there is clearly some interest between you and the school. Then lets say that you go on your Facebook site and write this:

Terrence says Liggins look like some s***… so since im the toilet i'll flush that ****a down da toilet regardless if Yall think it or not." Bucket Betta" No turnovas.

And then lets say that some UK fans get offended at the comment and write something back to you, and you respond with this:

Terrence is sorry to Daniel R. Brown and other fans who got but hurt for my comment about Liggins… Ill just let his game speak for himself…. Im a Trap Star
that's Terrence as in Terrence Boyd.

eyes.gif

he sounds intelligent.
laugh.gif

i'm going to remain optimistic, but there's just some vibe that i feel that leads me to believe that DeAndre Liggins will either transfer, get kickedoff the team, suspended...something. something just doesn't feel right...
ohwell.gif

We looked
sick.gif
last night. Not having Cashmere really really is going to hurt this team because even though we have the guys to help Deonta he isn't a truepoint guard in the sense of getting everyone involved. I'd really like to see Dion Dixon start at the point because Larry Davis doesn't do much besideslaunch 3s. Yancey picking up that technical for his fourth foul really hurt us in the first half we may have seen a different game, but that's been thestory of Yancey Gates for as long as I've known him he constantly lets someone get into his head and get him off of his game. Him and Kenny Frease reallydon't like each other and that has been going on for a long time. It's good to see the rivalry getting back to being very intense though the teams werepretty heated last night. Not having a point guard really may end up keeping us out of the big dance.

Marquis Teague and Adreian Payne were at the game too
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom