The College Basketball Post

Hmmmmm what do you think are his chances of getting off?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Hmmmmm what do you think are his chances of getting off?
laugh.gif
60/40. If he gets off, he is Mr. Untouchable. He has done worse than what is he being accused of and got away scot free.

Laptop died last night so I couldn't post today's TV schedule...

Wednesday, December 10[table][tr][th=""]Game[/th] [th=""]Network[/th] [th=""]Coverage Notes[/th] [th=""]PPV?[/th] [th=""]Time[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Coppin St. at Loyola (MD)[/td] [td]
masn.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]6pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Army at Penn St.[/td] [td]
espnu.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]7pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ohio at Xavier[/td] [td]
fs-oh.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]7:30pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TCU at Indiana[/td] [td]
espn2.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]8pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Alabama A&M at Vanderbilt[/td] [td]
css.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]8pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]California at Utah[/td] [td]
mtn.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]8pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Florida Gulf Coast at Florida[/td] [td]
fs-fl.jpg
[/td] [td]
ss.jpg
[/td] [td]
espnfc.jpg
[/td] [td]8pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Maine at Oklahoma[/td] [td]Sooner Sports[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
espnfc.jpg
[/td] [td]8pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dayton at Creighton[/td] [td]
kmtv.jpg
whio.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]8pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NC Central at Arkansas[/td] [td]
arsn.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
espnfc.jpg
[/td] [td]8pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Missouri St. at Tulsa[/td] [td]Mediacom-Springfield[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]8pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Butler at Bradley[/td] [td]Comcast-Peoria[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]8pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SE Missouri St. at W. Illinois[/td] [td]WIU-TV3[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]8pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]S. Dakota St. at Minnesota[/td] [td]
btn_hd.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]9pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Diego St. at Arizona[/td] [td]
fs-az.jpg
[/td] [td]
fcs-p.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]9pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colorado St. at Colorado[/td] [td]
fsn-rm.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]9pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Boise St. at BYU[/td] [td]
mtn.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]10pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gonzaga at Washington St.[/td] [td]
khq.jpg
[/td] [td]
fs-nw.jpg
fcs-c.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]10pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]New Mexico at San Diego[/td] [td]
4sd_hd.jpg
kasy.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]10pm[/td] [/tr][/table]
Gonaga @ Washington St. is definitely the best one on TV tonight...TCU @ Indiana should be a good matchup, though it'll probably be a tough one to watchdue to below-average basketball being played.

[h2]thanks
[/h2][h2]
[/h2][h2]
[/h2][h2]With St. Joe's vs. Villanova on December 11, we look at one of college basketball's most storied traditions.[/h2]
by Jonathan Tannenwald​
ThePalestra.jpg

Getty Images

A shot from inside The Palestra during a St. Joseph's vs. Temple game. The venue is one of the most intense in college basketball.

Jonathan Tannenwald's writings on basketball can be foundhere.

Philadelphia is, among many things, a city of anachronisms.

Take a walk down Market Street and you'll see them all lined up in a row: the cobblestones in Old City, the pipe organ at Macy's, the massive andornate City Hall.

But the best part of this great municipal time capsule is just west of the Schuylkill River on 33rd Street. A short subway ride from City Hall-on a systemthat still uses tokens as fares-is a place that doesn't boast when it calls itself college basketball's most historic gym.

Maybe you've heard of the Palestra, and maybe you've heard of the Big 5. Maybe you've seen a St. Joseph's-Villanova game onTV before, and maybe you'll watch when the Wildcats host the 66th waging of the Holy War on Thursday night (ESPN2, 8 p.m.).

The Big 5 isn't just about one game, though, or one school. It's about five schools-St. Joe's, 'Nova, Penn, La Salle andTemple-putting a collective interest above their own to play a full round-robin City Series every year. When the Big 5 began in 1954, formalconference affiliations didn't matter as much as they do now. The local rivalry games took center stage, and the City Series thrived for decades.

But after Villanova won the national championship in 1985, coach Rollie Massimino's program decided that it wanted to go in a differentdirection with its scheduling; Temple was considering a similar move (a fact that has often been lost on City Series fans itching to take out their angst onthe rich Main Liners).

Six years later, a moment came that still lives in infamy for local college basketball fans. Starting with the 1991-92 season, the full round-robin stopped.Instead of playing all four Big 5 games each year, teams only played two.

Yet the spirit of the original tradition refused to die, and in 1999 it was resurrected. The full round-robin returned. While most games are played oncampus sites now instead of at the Palestra, the rivalry is still a big deal.

"We are just the caretakers," said Temple coach Fran Dunphy, who spent 17 years at Penn before succeedingJohn Chaney on North Broad Street. "We all compete against each other, we all respect each other, and we all admire what has gonebefore."

In an era when the Big East has 16 teams and the Atlantic 10 has 14, the Big 5 programs don't just embrace the challenge of playing the full roundrobin. They demand it.

"No one understands how difficult it is because no one tries to do it the way we do it," Villanova coach Jay Wright said."When I was at Hofstra, just to play St. John's and Fordham in the same year was difficult. To get all four teams in the same year isincredible."

Maryland and Georgetown, for example, have a longstanding refusal to play each other. They have met only three times since 1980, and thelast two have been at neutral sites: the 2001 NCAA Tournament in Anaheim and last month's Old Spice Classic in Orlando.

Maryland has played George Washington and American in recent years, including a surprising home loss to the Eagles lastseason. But the Hoyas and Colonials haven't played each other since 1982, even though their campuses are barely a mile and a half apart.
"No one understands how difficult it is because no one tries to do it the way we do it." - Jay Wright

Penn athletic director Steve Bilsky was the athletic director at G.W. before taking over at his alma mater 15 years ago. He blames"institutional self-interests" for the Washington-area schools' inability to come together the way the Big 5 has.

Bilsky appreciates the Big 5's history in part because he helped create it. In 1970-71, his Penn team finished the season ranked No. 3 in the nation.Two years earlier, Bilsky hit a game-winning shot against Villanova that launched a decade of Quaker dominance in the City Series.

"It's our responsibility, regardless of the personal, selfish interests of the institutions, to keep [the Big 5] going," Bilsky said."But to get it going today is near-impossible, and to get it going in a city like Washington has proven impossible."

Sure, there are places like Los Angeles and Raleigh where local rivalry games are played every year. But USC-UCLA and Duke-NorthCarolina are conference games.

"I don't really think we get enough credit (for scheduling the Big 5 every year)," Wright said. "It's a true commitment to the cityand the basketball tradition of the city."

When it comes to the Big 5's future, Bilsky said that no corners will be cut.

"Getting the exact dates and games is relatively difficult, but the concept of playing is not," Bilsky said. "All the schools have said verypublicly that whatever the outcome is, there's an absolute commitment to continuing the full round-robin."

On the face of it, winning the Big 5 doesn't give you too much more than bragging rights during summer pickup games. But while there's no automaticpost-season bid from this unofficial conference, winning the Big 5 in January often leads to greater success in March.

At least one Big 5 team has made the NCAA Tournament every year since 1991, including last season's high-water mark of three. The last time an outrightBig 5 champion didn't make the Big Dance was 1980, when a 4-0 St. Joe's squad ended up in the NIT instead. And the last time at least one three-winteam didn't make it was 1977.

"We're always going to have a great strength of schedule because of the Big 5 and the Big East," Wright said. "There are teams in the BigEast whose strength of schedule can hurt them because of what they do out of conference, [but] we never have to worry about that."

Unfortunately for Big 5 fans, the last few Holy War games have been blowouts. But no matter the final score on Thursday night, you can be sure that everymoment will be loaded with over half a century's worth of meaning for all involved.

I don't think Devendorf will be gone from school.

He might get a few games....but I have heard he might get off with nothing.

But with all the $+@* I have heard this week. He could be gone for good tomorrow.
laugh.gif

Players getting preferential treatment FTW though
pimp.gif

sn2.gif
DanaO'Neil: Hey everyone, season is getting interested. Let's get started

Alex (Princeton): Let's get the Philly question out of the way early. What did you get out of the Villanova game last night? It was asloppy game, but I think they showed that they will make a tough out in March. Also amazed at Dante Cunningham's play. Definitely could be playing himselfinto Big East POY conversation.

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Alex: sure let's talk Villanovato start. Clearly they need to get better play out of all 3 guards but especially Scottie Reynolds. Talked to Jay Wright who was saying they need to findScottie easier shots and couldn't agree more. As for Dante, VERY impressed. He's hitting that outside jumper with ease. Not sure he's player of hteyear caliber but he's much much improved.

Earnest (Battlte Creek, MI): Do you think Manny Harris is ranked in the top 50 players in college basketball?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Earnest: Michigan has to be thesurprise of the early season and much of their success is due to Manny Harris, not just his ability but his willingness to change to Beilein's system.

Mike (DC): Is there a better starting five in college basketball than Wright, Sapp, Freeman, Summers, and Monroe?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Mike: Um... I'm gonna stickwith the 5 in Carolina for now.

Matt (Cincinnati,Ohio): Hey, Dana I was wondering if Xavier improves how far do you think they will go in the tournament. Also, do they have ashot of beating Duke next week.

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Matt: Xavier is much better earlythan I expected. They need Holloway healthy to make a good run but their defense is strong and theirr frontcourt is very tough. Should give Duke a game, Ithink.

Reese (Charlotte, NC): Dana, can you see UNC having trouble by any of their non-conference opponents they still faced to play until conferenceplay begins? Thanks.

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Reese: Hard to see any troubleuntil ACC play starts.

Justin (Poplar Bluff, Mo.): Hey Dana, how good is Texas this year? Are they good enough to win it all? What concerns you the most about them?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Justin: I had Texas in my originalFinal Four and still like them.. My only concern is their lack of offense. I think it will improve as the season goes on but their inability to score allowsteams to stick around - a la Villanova - and that could bite them

Bryan (Clemson, SC): How do teams with one and two losses stand in the top 20 polls, when Clemson is undefeated and ranked inside the top 5 onthe computer rankings. I believe its time to change up whoever votes in these polls. There is clearly some favoritism going around.

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Bryan: Early season polls arealways a mess, based on reputation and last year's success or failure. I had Clemson in my top 25, ditto Dayton for whatever that's worth

Adam (St. Louis MO.): How about them Tigers? I mean nobody is talking about them at all, they just absolutly destroyed a decent Cal team andbeat USC earlier in the year. What are your thoughts right now about the up and coming Tigers?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Adam: Missouri is much improvedthis year, no doubt. Like their defense. Like Carroll. tough league to contend in this year but expect them to be in the thick of things.

Scott(Bowling Green, KY): Does Kentucky have it in them to compete for the SEC this year.

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Scott: Not seeing that just yet. Tome Tennessee is far and away best team in the league. .Now the Wildcats did get better last year as the season progressed so nothing is settled yet.

Lucas(NY,NY): How good is Pitt? Can Sam Young carry this team to the Final Four?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Lucas: I think Pitt is very good,best they've been in a while. Like the fact they can still grind it out when they need to but they can out and run as well. Fields needs to get back intoplaying shape for a long run

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Lucas: I think Pitt is very good,best they've been in a while. Like the fact they can still grind it out when they need to but they can out and run as well. Fields needs to get back intoplaying shape for a long run

Dan (Hawk Hill): Any chance St Joe's can upset Villanova tonight on the road? Also, since St Joe's in playing their "home"games at the Palestra, will the selection committee consider all of those games as "neutral court" games?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Dan: Game is tomorrow and I'dbe surprised. St. Joe's, to me, is going through something of a transition year. Villanova could have a Texas hangover but can't see it on their ownfloor. Palestra, I believe, is their homecourt this year so no extra bonus points for playing there.

Earnest (Battle Creek, MI): With Michigan having played a tough early season with playing Duke twice UCLA. Do you think as the season getthicker they can pull out the tough road wins, and get to the Detroit?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Earnest: Detroit? As in the FinalFour? Simmer down, my friend. Enjoy what you've got, which is a team way better than anyone expected this early.

Broad Street Brian (Philly): Dana! Thank goddness, a College Basketball expert who is actually an expert is here! Thank you for stopping by.What's gotten into the LaSalle Explorers? Are they going to be players in the A-10 this year or a tease?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: I'll take the flattery and runw/ it though it's probably not true. La Salle is getting better. Gianninni getting players. Is this THE year? Not sure about that. Think there's stilla divide w/ Xavier and Dayton but I do think that the Explorers are on the up curve.

DJ Cuse: If the Zags can beat WSU, and Tenn,Memphis or Conn how high a seed can they get this year? Seems every year the committee gives thema lower seed then they deserve? Could they steal the#1 seed in the west seeing there is nobody out there?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: DJ: That's a lot of what ifs,but presume they all happen and they don't lay an egg in conference, yes. This isn't some nice little Gonzaga team. This is a loaded team and thecommittee will know that.

Tom(Harrsiburg, PA): After watching Dukes horrible shooting and inability to get to the free throw line against Michigan do you still see themas the top threat to UNC in the ACC or is Wake Forest going to claim the number 2 spot?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Tom: I do. I like Wake, butthey're young. No doubt the Blue Devils can't afford many bad shooting nights but I think they're the toughest competition for UNC

Philip (Dallas): Dana - what's it going to take for you to rank Baylor in your top 25 on the ESPN Power Poll? They've beaten ArizonaSt. (neutral) and Washington State on the road. Only loss is to Wake Forest.

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Philip: Little more. Not real highon Wazzu this year, having seem them in Newark. But Baylor is good, a definite tourney team

Bill D (Louisville, KY): Do you think the Louisville loss to Western Kentucky a sign of things to come or was it just a lack of games playedat this point in the season? Are they still final four material?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Bill: Blip on the screen, but theydo need to get their act together. Have been a little too lethargic for my taste. Still believe they have the parts for the Final Four and the coach to get theeffort out of them. .

Will J (Portland, OR): Dana, will Stephen Curry be a PG in the NBA?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Will J: I hate trying to predictthe NBA. Saw them wait and wait on Jameer Nelson, who was a much more pure point than Curry, because of his size. No question to me that Curry belongs in theleague.

Brendan (Philly): After last nights game, what do you expect from Villanova in Big East play and beyond?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Brendan: Well they need betterguard play to m ake noise in that league. I like this team, think they'll get better but they still lack the nastiness they need to succeed in that league.I always look for the Kyle Lowry guy who is going to give them an identity.

Laura- CT: I feel Big East play this year is going to be incredible to watch from beginning to end. How do you feel about the earlyUConn/Georgetown matchup the 29th of December in Hartford? Will this be a defining game in the Big East being that it is so early?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Laura: Should be a great game andmy lucky colleague, Andy Katz, will be there. I'm not cerrtain it will be THE defifnining game because I think there are some other teams a touch moretalented than Georgetown but it will be the beginning of a list of great games

ray gordonreid warner robbins ga 31093: QUESTION DANA O' NEIL AT 2.25 PM HI DANA JIMMY .V DAVIDSON OR LONGHORNS TONIGHT

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Ray: Wish it worked that way butalas, it doesn't. No game tonight

Chris (Cuse): Who's the better point guard, Johnny Flynn or Ty Lawson?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Chris: tough question but I'mgoing with Jonny Flynn by a hair. He was everything to that team last year because he had to be.

Kevin, Portland: I think it is safe to assume that PJ Carlesimo won't get anonther NBA head job. Can you see him back as a college coach?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Kevin: It's been a long timebut coaches never retire. They just get recycled so why not?

Earnest (Battle Creek, MI): Is Curry the next top player in Collegge basketball next to Hansbrough

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Earnest: I picked Curry as myplayer of the year, so I guess I'd reverse the order. No doubt it's those two and Blake Griffin.

Big East noise is annoying: After their relative flame-out with 8 teams in the tounrney last year and their 10-14 record vs top 50 and 2-4 vscurrent top 25--could you please pass the word to heads at ESPN to stop slobbering about the Big East being clearly the best conf when they have failed toprove it on the floor repeatidly?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Funny you should say that, was justtalking with a colleague about that today. I agree. The league has not been quite as good as advertised - Louisville losses to WKU, Dayton beats Marquette,Notre Dame isn't quite what I expected yet. But... it's December and there is still an awful lot of talent in that league.

Will J (Portland, OR): Who's the best player you've ever seen at the college level, in person?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Will: Yikes, tough tough question.I'm going to forget someone, God knows. i'll forget someone. Go back to Mashburn, Laettner (am I dating myself) through Oden, Durant, Rose, Beasley.Who am I forgetting?

victor monroe,la: what did you think of the davidson west virginia gamelast night?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Victor; Couple of things. Forstarters, Curry is just crazy good and the team has a nice balance. Lovedale is a great compliment. But also West Virginia was playing without 2 starters soI'm not down on them yet, either.

Brett (Memphis,TN): Who is going to be Memphis's solution to their Point Guard problem? With Tyreke Evans play, it prompt him to stickaround for a another season? Will John Wall see his incredible opportunity to play along Xavier and come to Memphis?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Brett: If I could answer thequestion about Wall, I'd be a popular person. No idea how that will break. Believe Cal is planning to go w/ Witherspoon at hte point. As for Tyreke, Idon't think he's ready to go but he wouldn't be the first person to go anyway... and make money on promise and potential

Joe (Cuse): Unless you never saw Carmelo in person, I'd say you're forgetting him.

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Joe: See. Told you I'd forgetsomeone.

Jim (Parkersburg, WV): When Ruoff and Mazulla return, WVU will obviously be more competitive. Especially with their ability to rebound. Assumeone more lost before Big East play, will a 9-9 conference record be an auto bid from the Big East? (19-12, 9-9)

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Jim: So hard to predict. Who arethe 9 wins against? Seton Hall, South Florida and St. John or UConn, Georgetown and Pitt? Let's put it this way... in tthe league they're going to haveample opportunity to play their way in.

Chris (Columbus): Looks like the SEC and Pac-10 are both bad this year. Only three top-25 teams between those two conferences (and nobody elselooking like top-25 material).

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Chris: Agree,. Wasn't realimpressed with either league going into the season and nothing has changed my opinion.

Becky, Arkansas: How would you rate Gonzaga this year.

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Becky: Think Gonzaga is a legit top5 team. Very very very good.

victor monroe,la : and part 2 of my question is do you see lsu and davidson in the ncaa this year?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: victor: yes to both.

Brett (Memphis,TN): How good is Xavier really? And do you thing Michigan could be the surprise of the season and make a deep run in thetournament? Oh and how disappointing has UCLA been this season, do you think the program could be in trouble?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Brett: Michigan is my surprise ofhte season right now, for certain. Xavier is good defensively, OK offensively. Best team in that league right now, with a close 2nd to Dayton. As for UCLA, theloss was at Texas. Not ready to throw in the towel in on the season at all.

Will J (Portland, OR): Dana, my two favorite teams to watch of all-time were Michigan (Fab-5), and UNLV 1991 squad, and 1996 Kentucky Wildcats(probably best team ever).

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: will: all good choices. my nodmight go to kentucky

brandon (knoxville tn) : what do you think the chances that PITT gets D. Cheek?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Brandon: In the mix as far as Iknow but I can't say I'm plugged in enough to make a great guess.

Matt (NYC): You may have left Carmelo off that best player you have seen in college list. If including one-and-dones like Durant and Oden hehas to be there. He at least one the titel unlike those two.

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Matt; Owned up to that. You'reabsolutely right.

Justin, SC: What do you think Clemson's chances are of competing in the ACC? Are they a tournament team?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Justin: Think Clemson is a tourneyteam, yes. As for hte league, Carolina and Duke woould be my top tier, followed by Wake and then Clemson

Santa Clause: Ho, Ho, Ho! Have a happy holiday Dana.

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Santa: thanks, santa. make sure youstop here please.

Sam (Boone, NC): Dana...all of you at ESPN are giving too much love to Flynn. Are his numbers even comparable to Ty Lawson? Why does everyonethink Duke can compete with UNC without anyone at the all important post position. And no...Zoubeck does not count.

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Sam: I've long questionedDuke's ability to be competitive without a big man, but these guys are so athletic and versatile they compensate for it. And numbers don't always tellthe story. Lawson is playing with an NBA team. Flynn isn't.

Justin (Poplar Bluff, Mo.): Hey Dana, do you see Quinn Snyder coming back to college coaching? If so when and where possibly?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Justin: Boy, I'd be stunned.It's the land of redemption, heaven knows. Todd Bozeman is employed after all but that would be a very big surprise to me.

Ken (DeWitt, NY): Which teams do you see competing for the BE championship? Does the Cuse belong in that discussion?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Ken: I like Syracuse this year butas for the top teams in the league, I'd have to stick with UConn, Pitt and Louisville as the top choices

Brian, Levittown,Pa: Hi Dana Happy Holidays. What do you think of Lavroy Allen form Temple and do you think he will blossom enough to go pro?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Brian: I think Lavoy has all thetalents. He just has to use them consistently. THis should be a big year for him. Temple needs someone to help out Christmas and when Fernandez arrives fromArgentina that will make everyone better.

Mike (SF, CA): Dana, what will it take to see Saint Mary's back in the top 25 this year? With games against SDSU, Oregon, So. Ill. andPacific all on either neutral or road courts, what will wins in these games do for them?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Mike: Off the radar now. None ofthose games alone will vault them into the top 25. Solid body of work, other teams dropping off will get them on the board.

Tom (Austin): Weirdest thing about the Duke-Michigan game, Duke rarely took a "bad" shot. Most of those threes were open ones withfeet set after ball movement. Might we just chalk that loss up to a bad shooting night for Duke coupled with a career night for Sims?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Tom: Sure that's going tohappen. Catch is, they need to be able to stop guys when they don't shoot well to win.

dana o'neil (new york) : hey we got the same name... cool.... anyways wats your final four as of right now?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Dana: Ok, that's weird. Imarried into my name. Anyway... Carolina naturally. After that, it's almost wide open among the top 10. .Presuming I have to pick, right? Texas, Louisville(I'm stubborn) and UConn

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: FYI Syracuse fans, just gotsomething forwarded to me that says the judicial committee is expected to render its decision on Eric Devendorf tomorrow.

Jeff - Cincy, OH: Dana, Would you go as far to say that this Xavier team is way over-rated...I know everyone else is losing but they basicallyhave beaten a less-than-stellar Memphis team and Missouri (who is surprisingly decent). I have watched them play every game and have to say that they aredefinitely the worst team in the top 10, maybe even the top 25...

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Jeff: I'm not sure they'retop 10 but they're definitely top 25. Saw them in person in Puerto Rico and they play hard. Holloway makes a big, big difference

Gary Williams (College Park): Give it to me straight Dana. I'm out if I don't get to the tourney this year, aren't I?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Gary: That's what I originallythought but heard maybe that isn't the case. Good news. Think you got a tourney team.

Andy (Memphis): Is Ohio State for real or did they just catch Miami and Notre Dame at the right time?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Andy: Think they're pretty goodand Mullens hasn't even come into his own yet.

roy Williams (Chapel Hill): what do I do about playing time when Marcus Ginyard comes back... send Danny to the bench? Yah right, might I havesome ego issues to face when ACC season rolls around?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Roy: Marcus isn't going to be100 pecent even when he's cleared, so you have some wiggle room to decide. I say stick w/ what you have and roll Marcus off the bench. What a nice problemto have. Boo hoo for you, huh?

Jimmy San Diego: Hey Dana your thoughts on the UA they have played tuff and are jelling...only 2 tuff loss by 2 pts how do you think theyfare....Thanks JBONE

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Jimmy: If Michigan wasn't mysurprise team, Arizona would be. With all the chaos surrounding that team, I am very impressed. Know they have talent but teams have crumbled under less.

Johnny Dawkins (Palo Alto): Do I even have a shot at making the tourney with this team here in my first year? Probably not, right?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Johnny: Probably not. Hang inthere. It's year one.

Ryan (Charlotte): How many teams make the dance from the ACC? What kind of shot do you give the Wolfpack?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Ryan: Right now I'd sayWolfpack are on the outside but they are better than last year, which shouldn't be the case but addition by subtraction, I guess. I'd say 5 right now.

ken: What are your early impressions of Nick Calathes and the Gators? Can they compete with Tennessee for the SEC east?

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Ken: Still not sure about theGators. THe loss to Florida State took me off guard. Calathes is a very good player but they need to get more solid before challenging Tennessee

Tom Crean (Indiana): What do you think Dana, bottom of the conference or second from the bottom? Can't count on Northwestern stinking itup this year....

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Tom: It's a battle between thetwo of you. Win your home games

sn2.gif
Dana O'Neil: Alright folks, gotta bolt. Enjoythe week and thanks for the questions.

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by SCuse7

But with all the $+@* I have heard this week. He could be gone for good tomorrow.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
2nkm7sx.gif

I have heard some pretty nasty things from the residents of Syracuse regarding the case. They blame the alleged victim more than making Devendorf accountablefor what he did. Backwards *@@ city. If he is gone, he brought on himself. Maybe that will be a lesson to him to get his act together.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

What kind of revenue are you generating for your school?
I do pay quite a bit of tuition...

But that's beside the point. What does that have to do with how these kids should be treated? Let's let 'em do irresponsible things and get awaywith it, just because they generate an extra amount of money for the sports program...that's a very bright idea. At some point these kids need to grow upand act like adults. It's sickening to me that there are that many people out there that don't want to hold these kids responsible for their actions,all because they generate an extra $350,000 for the school
eyes.gif
ReplaceDevendorf with a walk-on...the revenue isn't gonna change too much...

Those chats must just be filled with so many syracuse people.. i swear 98 percent of syracuse fans are unemployed, because they fill those chats up with thesame questions constantly (and those are just the ones that get answered).. what an obnoxious fan base
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Those chats must just be filled with so many syracuse people.. i swear 98 percent of syracuse fans are unemployed, because they fill those chats up with the same questions constantly (and those are just the ones that get answered).. what an obnoxious fan base
laugh.gif
fyic4.gif

But you are onto something. Unemployment in the region is at 16 percent.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
2nkm7sx.gif

tmay407 wrote:

pimp.gif
Yea right. These kids deserve no better treatment than I do.

Damnnnnn
laugh.gif

I guess you couldn't get my sarcasm.

I was kidding. No one should get that "special" treatment.

And yea unemployment is high. The city is a joke.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
2nkm7sx.gif

tmay407 wrote:

pimp.gif

Damnnnnn
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Nah I got it. I love that gif.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
2nkm7sx.gif

tmay407 wrote:

pimp.gif

Damnnnnn
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Nah I got it. I love that gif.

Whos the guy?

roll.gif

Chris (Cuse): Who's the better point guard, Johnny Flynn or Ty Lawson?

Dana O'Neil: Chris: tough question but I'm going with Jonny Flynn by a hair. He was everything to that team last year because he had to be.

Sam (Boone, NC): Dana...all of you at ESPN are giving too much love to Flynn. Are his numbers even comparable to Ty Lawson?

Dana O'Neil: Sam: . And numbers don't always tell the story. Lawson is playing with an NBA team. Flynn isn't

I keep telling boys... Jonny is the best PG in the country (and I'm not a SU fam per se` although I've personally known 4 people who played for them inthe past 8yrs) Nonetheless he is the business.
pimp.gif

Its offiical...Devendorf has been suspended indefinitely....he can appeal and still be allowed to play but I doubt he will.....peace out Devo good luck in 8mile dumb $+#

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

Its offiical...Devendorf has been suspended indefinitely....he can appeal and still be allowed to play but I doubt he will.....peace out Devo good luck in 8 mile dumb $+#

Good timing. Now we can get Mookie time against these bum teams. ...
laugh.gif
Paul Harris has 3 kids I guess. ... Any chance Blake goes 25&25 tonight?

Devo never got IT. Now Rautins gonna start and Mookie gonna see more minutes. Blake mite put up 50 tonite lol.

Back
Top Bottom