The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

herd devo gonna get 10 games but if he appeals will get 6 or 7....hed be back in time then to whoop some hoyas
Who did you hear from? He violated his probation from a previous charge which warranted the suspension.

What is wrong with y'all cats up there?

Get away with anything
pimp.gif

Lazy, herd it from insiders on the premium board at Scout.com, but until anything is official i still believe he is innocent.

We can't believe anything until real news comes out. I'd take anything from the forums with a grain of salt. He's innocent until provenguilty but w/ his track record, documented and undocumented, there are a lot of people who doubt he is.

Lazy, herd it from insiders on the premium board at Scout.com, but until anything is official i still believe he is innocent.

KU set to shift top target again?

http://basketballrecruiti...om/content.asp?CID=887296
Can anybody that has a rivals account post this article for me???

-It's goin down tonight at MSG
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-It's crazy that the headline game is Nova vs. Texas, yet everybody kept asking me am I going to see Curry play tonight.

Side note: I really do feel bad for Eddy Curry, you know its bad when you talk about basketball/MSG amongst nyc folks and somebody brings up the name Curry,you don't even need to clarify with Curry you talking about.

December 9, 2008

KU set to shift top target again?

Jerry Meyer
Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting Analyst
Five-star shooting guard Dominic Cheek is poised to announce his college choice this week, and it is looking as if Kansas is going to strike out on its third five-star wing prospect in the class of 2009. Xavier Henry went to Memphis, Michael Snaer to Florida State and it appears Cheek is headed to Villanova.

Dominic Cheek appears set to pick Villanova.
Cheek, from Jersey City (N.J.) St. Anthony, apparently was ready to commit to Kansas following his visit to Lawrence, but in slow-playing Cheek in hopes of landing Henry, the Jayhawks have fallen out of favor with Cheek.

Pittsburgh and Rutgers also are in play for Cheek, but sentiments are strong that Cheek ends up a Wildcat. If Villanova does indeed sign Cheek, it will have a 2009 recruiting class with three five-star prospects and one four-star player, which likely would put Villanova into the No. 1 spot in the team recruiting rankings.

MORE KANSAS RECRUITING

With the likelihood of losing out on Cheek, Kansas is focusing on John Wall, from Raleigh (N.C.) Word of God Christian Academy, as its remaining perimeter target in 2009. Wall, who enjoyed his official visit to Kansas this fall, is contemplating an unofficial visit to Kansas to watch a game.

In the 2010 class, elite wing Harrison Barnes is Kansas' top priority. KU coach Bill Self attended Barnes' first practice and first game of the season.

With the possibility of Cole Aldrich entering the 2009 NBA draft, Kansas is focusing on DaShonte Riley. Riley, from Birmingham (Mich.) Country Day, originally committed to Georgetown but later reopened his recruitment.

KENTUCKY'S POINT GUARD DILEMMA

Kentucky is struggling this season, and a lot of the problem can be traced to shaky play at point guard. Freshman DeAndre Liggins was supposed to take over the position, but it has been well-documented that he and coach Billy Gillispie have not been on the same page.

Can GJ Vilarino provide some answers for Kentucky at the point?
Nonetheless, Liggins has picked up his play in recent games. Against Lamar, he had 16 points, seven rebounds and four assists. He sparked Kentucky's rally late in a loss to Miami, finishing with 18 points, seven rebounds and five assists. And against Mississippi Valley State, he had 19 points and five assists. In fact, Liggins was named the SEC Freshman of the Week for his efforts.

But there are plenty of rumors circulating that Liggins is likely to transfer. If Michael Porter isn't the answer and Liggins leaves, what is the solution for Kentucky's woes at the point? The jury is out as to whether recruit GJ Vilarino, from McKinney (Texas) High, can successfully run the point in the SEC.

That is why Kentucky is among several schools making a push to land Florida transfer Jai Lucas, who had the Wildcats as one of his final schools before signing with the Gators in 2007. Baylor and Texas also are mentioned as being in the mix. Lucas will be eligible in December 2009, after the first semester.

BIG WEEKEND FOR MICHIGAN

Michigan upset Duke over the weekend, and the Wolverines had a handful of recruits on hand to watch the victory.

Class of 2010 prospect Allen Payne of Cincinnati Winton Woods is expecting a return visit from coach John Beilein and an offer in the near future. Class of 2010 prospect Tim Hardaway Jr. of Miami Palmer Trinity, the son of former NBA player Tim Hardaway, and 2011 prospect Brandan Kearney of Detroit Southeastern also took in the game.

Four-star 2010 shooting guard Trey Zeigler of Mount Pleasant (Mich.) High could not make his scheduled visit because of inclement weather.

COWBOYS SIGNEE GETS THE BOOT

After a confrontation with his coach during last Friday night's game, Oklahoma State signee Karron Johnson has been dismissed from Durham (N.C.) Mt. Zion Academy. IMG Academy has been mentioned as a possibility for his next destination.

There still are questions about whether he will qualify - and whether Oklahoma State will stick with him.

Sophomore Chris Coleman will have to step up his game for Mt. Zion in the absence of Johnson. Coleman is averaging 22 points per game and has Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Villanova and North Carolina State on his trail.

FREE THROWS

• A source says Memphis has offered 2011 prospect Jordan Goodman, a forward from Bowie (Md.) Seneca Valley High School. Goodman has invitations from Memphis and Georgetown to attend their upcoming game.

• While Tennessee assistant Steve Forbes was checking on Memphis White Station guard Joe Jackson, Vols coach Bruce Pearl was in Washington, D.C., checking on 2010 commitment Josh Selby and 2010 prospect Roscoe Smith.

• Point guard Jeremiah Davis is off to a good start in his sophomore season for Muncie (Ind.) Central. He already has offers from Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio State, Purdue and Tennessee.

• Memphis freshman Matt Simpkins was ruled eligible by the NCAA Clearinghouse last week, but the school still is awaiting an official ruling on freshman Angel Garcia. Coaches are bracing themselves for negative news on Garcia's eligibility. Simpkins has been looking good in practice and is expected to add depth to Memphis' thin frontcourt.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

UC is more than just Deonta now so I really disagree with that statement. Xavier averages just under 17 turnovers per game, UC averages just under 16 turnovers per game. Add in that both teams have been very good on defense, neither team has a PG, and the emotion of the game. I just see it getting very ugly in terms turnovers. XU hasn't impressed me much honestly because I think UC can also beat Memphis later on this year and we're not even one of the BE's elite.
pimp.gif
. You did one thing wrong. We will beat XU and Memphis.

Damn, Kansas flopped hard this year. If Cole and Sherron bounce this year, next year might be bad!

Jay Wright
pimp.gif
. Who would have thought 'Nova would have the bestrecruiting class. Dom, Maalik, and that African cat (I don't want to butcher his name) ready to join Scottie.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Damn, Kansas flopped hard this year. If Cole and Sherron bounce this year, next year might be bad!

Jay Wright
pimp.gif
. Who would have thought 'Nova would have the best recruiting class. Dom, Maalik, and that African cat (I don't want to butcher his name) ready to join Scottie.
[Lee Corso]Not so fast my friend![Lee Corso]

From what I hear, Self has one huge surprise left for the class of 09 and maybe even a little something from the class of 08....yes, 08.

Definitely not getting killed on the boards yet, but they won't win if Curry keeps shooting around 25%
sick.gif

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

Definitely not getting killed on the boards yet, but they won't win if Curry keeps shooting around 25%
sick.gif

They will if he drops 8 assists next quarter again, and Mazzula stays glued to the bench.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

sick.gif

The thing I see in Steph's game is he never shoot's his team out of it. Yea he takes several bad shots a game, but even when is fg % is low he stillputs his team in a position to win. His passing also helps.

Im excited for the Villanova Texas game...

fg % is low he still puts his team in a position to win.
also...that's his teammates being not all that bad and Mckillop a hell of a coach. Davidson was goood well before Steph and will be good afterSteph

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I would love to play for Huggins.

Not trying to graduate.

Bob Knight is probably the best thing ESPN has done in years. I feel at any moment he is about to rip into Digger or just punch someone in the face
laugh.gif
. Plus no one knows his *%*!, like Coach Knight.

Back
Top Bottom