The College Basketball Post

[font=Arial,Helvetica]
[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]Kim Smith, a 20-year-old SU student, claimed she was sitting in her car when a group of people approached her, yelling and kicking her car. Once she got out of her car, she says Devendorf hit her. Devendorf says he was defending himself. Smith's lawyer, Rich Kesnig, claims that text messages exchanged between Smith and a teammate of Devendorf's prove that the player had harassed Smith.

1) yo kim thanks for taking the time 2 talk 2 me...i appreciate it...and i hope u can find it in ur heart to forgive my teammates thanks

2) 315[XXXXXXX]...this is coach boheim number if you or ur family wants 2 call...and thanks for listening

3) hey kim its me again...i just letting u know that i just got out of practice and eric was pretty animate at wanting 2 apologize 2 u and ur family himself but i

4) didnt know if u wanted 2 hear from him so im asking u now if that's ok?
[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica]
laugh.gif
roll.gif
[/font]

Originally Posted by allen3xis

[font=Arial,Helvetica]
[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]Kim Smith, a 20-year-old SU student, claimed she was sitting in her car when a group of people approached her, yelling and kicking her car. Once she got out of her car, she says Devendorf hit her. Devendorf says he was defending himself. Smith's lawyer, Rich Kesnig, claims that text messages exchanged between Smith and a teammate of Devendorf's prove that the player had harassed Smith.

1) yo kim thanks for taking the time 2 talk 2 me...i appreciate it...and i hope u can find it in ur heart to forgive my teammates thanks

2) 315[XXXXXXX]...this is coach boheim number if you or ur family wants 2 call...and thanks for listening

3) hey kim its me again...i just letting u know that i just got out of practice and eric was pretty animate at wanting 2 apologize 2 u and ur family himself but i

[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]
laugh.gif
roll.gif
[/font]

tired.gif

G-Town....Just cause G-Town has the players to match up with Memphis athleticism as well as they can play at their tempo, plus in the two games I seen Tyrekeplay (Seton Hall/Xavier) I wasn't really impressed but he does numbers against all the other cupcakes on their schedule.

On the Note of Morgan State...how long till a major school hires Bozeman???

And yeah, I think we win.

I hope we win...but for some reason I'm still a little weary of how we perform against top notch athletic teams. We have the athleticism to match but wedon't always use it. They might be a step slower without Rose but they have alot of super athletes with length on that team that can cause problems.

Allen, Apparently, this girl was drinking and driving while under age. There was no evidence to her story or witnesses yet they believed eric's wasscripted and biased. If Devo is getting suspended for endangering the community this girl should to, drinking and driving is much more serious than an openhanded slap. I am not condoning what eric did because he presumably did it and he shouldn't put himself in that position but, if your going to lay down thelay, be fair. whether we have devo or not.

Yeah, I just don't see it with this Memphis team. They remind me of years past Memphis squads, sans last year. All the athletic ability and individualtalent in the world, but as a unit, they just don't mesh together very well (i.e., the whole is NOT greater than the sum of the parts).

Originally Posted by dreClark

[font=Arial,Helvetica]
[/font]

[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]
laugh.gif
roll.gif
[/font]
tired.gif

laugh.gif
J.T. is done. Get that degree while you can young man.That's PMac's boy.

Allen, Apparently, this girl was drinking and driving while under age. There was no evidence to her story or witnesses yet they believed eric's was scripted and biased. If Devo is getting suspended for endangering the community this girl should to, drinking and driving is much more serious than an open handed slap. I am not condoning what eric did because he presumably did it and he shouldn't put himself in that position but, if your going to lay down the lay, be fair. whether we have devo or not.
roll.gif
You seem really angry about this.You act like you don'tdrink on the weekends. Do you know how many people drive drunk on Friday and Saturday nights? A lot of people do. All of those cars that are going 50+ inresidential neighborhoods are drunk students. You bleed Orange. They get my tuition and that's enough. I don't owe anything else to that school.

Also, the girl's lawyer was a St. Johns grad.

331efya.gif

Like I said on a previous page, that girl had better transfer out after this semester for her own sake. There are going to be crazed townies after her.

Whether you like it or not, there should have been a curfew instituted for this team. Come back at 2 AM especially on Halloween night, come on. Boeheim hassome serious thinking to do regarding the state of his program. There were 4 other players who were out that night that testified. This not only looks bad forDevendorf but it makes the entire school look bad. Boeheim needs to be proactive

Agree..and there should be no way he puts Devendorf on the court during the appeal.

It's time for Syracuse to sit Devendorf

Naturally, Eric Devendorf will appeal.

And that'll drag this out.

And that's OK.

But I can't see how Syracuse can continue to play the troubled guard in the meantime after he was essentially found guilty Wednesday of allegedly hitting agirl in the face and thus suspended from school for at least the remainder of the academic year. Jim Boeheim has stood by his guy, and I was fine with it. Butwe're no longer operating under the innocent-until-proven-guilty umbrella. Unless Devendorf's appeal overturns the judicial hearing board'sdecision (which seems unlikely), then he's gone for the rest of the season, and so there's no sense in Syracuse taking a further public relation'**** just to get the 14.1 points per game Devendorf has been providing when it's doubtful he'll be available in March anyway.

Or even January, tell the truth.

And that's why Syracuse should sit Devendorf starting Saturday against Long Beach State, because he's been found guilty of a fairly serious allegation,and the fact that one of Devendorf's teammates sent text messages to the alleged victim asking for forgiveness doesn't suggest this was all merely abig misunderstanding. Perhaps it was just a bad night for Devendorf, and maybe this will be the type of life-lesson that helps him grow as a person. Idon't know. But what I do know is that the Orange won't benefit from squeezing a few more games out of Devendorf while his appeal is heard, and thatgiven Wednesday's ruling the only right move now is for Boeheim to come out and say that though he loves Devendorf and will do anything to help him,he's finished for the season unless the judicial hearing board's decision is eventually overturned.

If and when the ruling is overturned, then reinstate Devendorf immediately.

I'll be for that.

But for now, it's time for Devendorf to sit.

And the sooner the announcement comes, the better.

memphis athleticism doesn't concern me too much unless they play zone. That would give us trouble.

Just woke up...here is today's TV schedule:

Thursday, December 11[table][tr][th=""]Game[/th] [th=""]Network[/th] [th=""]Coverage Notes[/th] [th=""]PPV?[/th] [th=""]Time[/th] [/tr][tr][td]UW-Milwaukee at Miami (OH)[/td] [td]
twc-32.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
espnfc.jpg
[/td] [td]7pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]St. Joseph's at Villanova[/td] [td]
espn2.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td]8pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Southern Miss at Kansas St.
(at Kansas City, MO)
[/td] [td]
fs-kc.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
espnfc.jpg
[/td] [td]8pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sacramento St. at New Mexico St.[/td] [td]Aggie Vision[/td] [td]
altitude.jpg
[/td] [td]
espnfc.jpg
[/td] [td]9pm[/td] [/tr][/table]

Not really much to watch tonight. Looks like your best bet would be the two high school games on ESPNU.

Yea I am done speculating on what is going to happen until I hear the actual ruling.

laugh.gif
I wonder if Jimmy will play him

Lets see how Monroe performs.

And if Memphis runs zone. Your guards better start shooting.

The difference between Baylor a year ago and the Bears in 2008-09?

Defense.

``We're much better on that end," Baylor coach Scott Drew said. "Quincy (Acy) helps on the interior."

LaceDarius Dunn is also healthy after playing much of last season with a knee injury.

``He's able to do a lot more," Drew said. "He wasn't great defensively early last season and as the season went on, he was sore and it becameharder for him even though he learned the concepts."

Baylor allowed 74.9 points and teams to shoot 43 percent from the floor and 35 percent from long distance last season. This year opponents are averaging 61.1points, shooting 37 percent from the field and less than 30 percent from beyond the arc.

``It's been a big difference," Drew said.

What hasn't changed is the production of his backcourt quarter. Dunn, Curtis Jerrells, Henry Dugat and Tweety Carter are averaging more than 44 points.

``That's the good thing about having four guards," Drew joked. "Usually one of them is on."

Drew is also getting solid production from post Kevin Rogers (10.9 ppg, 6.5 rpg) and Acy, who has made 26-of-32 field goals this season while coming off thebench.

GARY JOHNSON: A YEAR LATER

One year ago, Texas freshman Gary Johnson was still playing the waiting game.

After a heart condition was detected by the school, Johnson wasn't cleared to play his first college game until Jan. 2.

Johnson played 22 games last season and averaged 5.6 points and 3.7 rebounds.

This year the undersized 6-foot-6 power forward has a chance to average a double-double. He's at 9.9 points and 7.4 boards per game in just 23.9 minutesper game.

``I've put everything behind me," Johnson said. "But I cherish the game more now. I think I work harder and stay in the gym longer, because Iknow that there's always that chance that it can be taken away from me at any time."

CUNNINGHAM'S IMPROVEMENT

Villanova hasn't had a legitimate scoring threat along the frontline in a while.

Jason Fraser was supposed to provide it - but he was seemingly always injured. Will Sheridan was a role guy who just cleaned up what he could on the glass.

Dante Cunningham has turned into that guy - and has made drastic improvement in doing so.

The 6-foot-8 senior barely played as a freshman and averaged 10.4 points and 6.5 rebounds as a junior last season. Through nine games this season, he'sputting up staggering numbers (17.9 ppg, 8.4 rpg) and also making shots from mid-range.

RANDOM NOTES: Dominic Cheek will make his decision on Friday and one source told us they'd be shocked if he didn't commit toVillanova. … One of the most enigmatic high school seniors, talented wing Lance Stephenson, will be on ESPN tonight with his Lincoln High (N.Y.) team taking onDuncanville (Texas) at 9:30 p.m. ET. … I just started a book written by former UMKC coach Rick Zvosec called Bird, Dogs & Kangaroos: Life on the Back Roadsof College Basketball in which he gives fans a behind-the-scenes look at the life of a low-major college basketball coach. For more info, go toascendmediabooks.com. … Two key point guards came back from injuries last night. Xavier's Terrell Holloway played 15 minutes in a win against Ohio aftermissing the last two weeks with a stress fracture while Colorado's Nate Tomlinson, also a freshman, scored 11 points and had three assists in 36 minutesafter sitting out the loss to TCU with a sprained right foot.

Scottie, Fisher, Wayans, Cheek, Stokes??
That's a hell of a back court
laugh.gif

Mouph will have to be the real deal for them next year tho.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Yea I am done speculating on what is going to happen until I hear the actual ruling.

laugh.gif
I wonder if Jimmy will play him
Official documents from the case released to the public:

SPD report:
http://blog.syracuse.com/.../2008/12/policereport.pdf

DPS report:
http://blog.syracuse.com/...8/12/public%20safety2.pdf

Judicial Board ruling:
http://blog.syracuse.com/indepth/2008/12/page12.pdf

http://blog.syracuse.com/...008/12/board%20ruling.pdf

That coward DA Fitzpatrick was smart not to get involved. He knows what would have happened if he pursued a criminal case.

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but what high school games are on tonight?

Bishop McGuinness (OK) vs. Putnam City (OK)
a.k.a. Daniel Orton's team vs. Xavier Henry's team
7:30 PM EST on ESPNU

Then I guess Duncanville (TX) vs. Lincoln (NY) (a.k.a. a team full of D-1 players vs. Lance Stephenson) isn't on TV. It's not on the ESPNUschedule...looks like that one won't be shown until early tomorrow morning (6 AM).

I'm about to leave here in like 30 minutes to go to those
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but what high school games are on tonight?

Bishop McGuinness (OK) vs. Putnam City (OK)
a.k.a. Daniel Orton's team vs. Xavier Henry's team
7:30 PM EST on ESPNU

Then I guess Duncanville (TX) vs. Lincoln (NY) (a.k.a. a team full of D-1 players vs. Lance Stephenson) isn't on TV. It's not on the ESPNU schedule...looks like that one won't be shown until early tomorrow morning (6 AM).

I'm about to leave here in like 30 minutes to go to those
pimp.gif

Lance is coming on ESPN at 9:30, not ESPNU.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Lance is coming on ESPN at 9:30, not ESPNU.
Oh, alright. Good looking out.

I thought I read that it was gonna be on ESPNU, then when I looked at the schedule it wasn't showing until tomorrow morning. Seemed weird...

This Duncanville team is unreal, though. So much damn talent...

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][th=""] #
ig_tblSortAsc.gif
[/th] [th=""] Name[/th] [th=""] Pos[/th] [th=""] Yr[/th] [th=""] Ht[/th] [th=""] Wt[/th] [th=""] More[/th] [th=""] ID
[/th] [th=""] SchoolID
[/th] [th=""] SSID
[/th] [th=""] HasImage
[/th] [th=""] IsDeleted
[/th] [th=""] IsCaptain
[/th] [th=""] IsCaptainText
[/th] [th=""] HasStats
[/th] [th=""] DeleteButton
[/th] [th=""] DeleteForEverButton
[/th] [th=""] RestoreButton
[/th] [th=""] FirstName
[/th] [th=""] LastName
[/th] [th=""] Position1
[/th] [th=""] Position2
[/th] [th=""] Bio
[/th] [th=""] ImageURL
[/th] [th=""] ClassYear
[/th] [th=""] ClassYearName
[/th] [th=""] HeightFeet
[/th] [th=""] HeightInches
[/th] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[table][tr][th=""]
ig_tblSortAsc.gif

[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [/tr][tr][td] 2[/td] [td] Shawn Williams[/td] [td][/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]6-7[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td] d6b22ed7-b433-406c-859d-0de4613566d7
[/td] [td] 556cde7f-6469-4bd0-934c-fe78b5949f68
[/td] [td] 08e31156-1f2d-4c08-b687-afb41d9f9601
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Shawn
[/td] [td]Williams
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]12
[/td] [td]Senior
[/td] [td]6
[/td] [td]7
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 3[/td] [td] Perry Jones[/td] [td][/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]6-11[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td] fc464388-a2dc-4152-b8d1-f78724ebc90b
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Perry
[/td] [td]Jones
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]11
[/td] [td]Junior
[/td] [td]6
[/td] [td]11
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 4[/td] [td] Jamison Sterns[/td] [td][/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]6-0[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td] 67a360b0-017b-479b-a0b7-cd0210180662
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Jamison
[/td] [td]Sterns
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]11
[/td] [td]Junior
[/td] [td]6
[/td] [td]0
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 5[/td] [td] Reger Dowell[/td] [td][/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]6-1[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td] da6db22f-7dbe-4ded-96ef-e38ea9c3899f
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Reger
[/td] [td]Dowell
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]12
[/td] [td]Senior
[/td] [td]6
[/td] [td]1
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td] Julian Washburn[/td] [td][/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]6-7[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td] 3651423e-2c9d-4dcf-b7de-26886bf37254
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Julian
[/td] [td]Washburn
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]11
[/td] [td]Junior
[/td] [td]6
[/td] [td]7
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24[/td] [td] A.j. Webb[/td] [td][/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td] 626e1bb2-9579-4598-ae6a-316f43e68def
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]A.j.
[/td] [td]Webb
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]11
[/td] [td]Junior
[/td] [td]6
[/td] [td]3
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]32[/td] [td] Roger Franklin[/td] [td][/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td] d6e61024-1dca-4e2f-8998-90c838c70edc
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]Roger
[/td] [td]Franklin
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]12
[/td] [td]Senior
[/td] [td]6
[/td] [td]5
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Williams to Texas (#64 in '09), Jones to Baylor (#13 in '10), Sterns (unranked in '10), Dowell to Oklahoma State (#135 in '09), Washburn (#70in '10), Webb (unranked in '10) Franklin to Oklahoma State (#90 in '09)...That's all the D-1 talent on the team, not including the sophomores.

Mr. Magoo going to bat for Devendorf..

http://videos.syracuse.com/post-standard/2008/12/excerpts_of_coach_jim_boeheim.htmlhttp://videos.syracuse.com/post-standard/2008/12/excerpts_of_coach_jim_boeheim.htmlhttp://videos.syracuse.co...of_coach_jim_boeheim.html

And since everyone seems to know this is not the first run in with Devo and trouble and the fact he's already on probation (correct?)

this is really pathetic and desperate.
You would be correct.

EDIT: Could you paste the link directly from the toolbar instead of putting it on through Yuku. It always cuts off the link.

Mr. Magoo going to bat for Devendorf..

http://videos.syracuse.com/post-standard/2008/12/excerpts_of_coach_jim_boeheim.htmlhttp://videos.syracuse.com/post-standard/2008/12/excerpts_of_coach_jim_boeheim.htmlhttp://videos.syracuse.co...of_coach_jim_boeheim.html

And since everyone seems to know this is not the first run in with Devo and trouble and the fact he's already on probation (correct?)

this is really pathetic and desperate.
Correct this isn't his first incident. He was on probation I think before this happened. Rell has said hes been involved in a number ofincidents.

Now Boeheim went on all the local radio sports talk shows today. And he was pissed off at the attorney for the girl. Saying how he shouldn't have gonepublic and didn't act professionally at all.

He said that the three witnesses. All on the basketball team were not rehearsed in what they said. And all he ever told them to do was tell the truth. They alltestified that Devendorf did get in a fight, but didn't hit her.

Now I didn't realize that the "board" is made of up 5 STUDENTS. Thats might be the dumbest thing I have heard. The university is allowingstudents to decide another kids basketball career basically. That is crazy.

I am not saying anyone is innocent or guilty. I wouldn't be surprised if the players stood up for Eric at all. But I can totally understand why Boeheim isflipping out.
-3 witnesses all said she wasn't hit.
-She is the only witness to say she was actually hit.
-She was drinking.

Now they will appeal and the appeals commitee is 2 faculty members and 1 student.

The whole situation is really *%%+$% up.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom