Saturday, December 6, 2008
Baylor at Washington State
Oregon State at Iowa State

Sunday, December 7, 2008
Kansas State at Oregon
Nebraska at Arizona State
California at Missouri

Outside the four-day series window
Colorado at Stanford (Sat., Nov. 29, 2008)
Kansas at Arizona (Tue., Dec. 23, 2008)
Texas Tech at Stanford (Sun., Dec. 28, 2008)

A lot of good looking matchups here...the 4 games on the first two days look good...I'd rather see Baylor playing Oregon (since they already played ArizonaState), but Washington State should provide a pretty decent matchup.

Purdue just seems so frustrated by Duke tonight.. they aren't taking good shots at all, and certainly aren't making many either. I don't understandthis really, a team like michigan state is just as physical as duke, if not more so.. i don't get why purdue seems so unadjusted to this level ofpressure... But whatever.

Duke putting in work
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This isn't even close at this point.
15 point spread and it's only 51-36??

Coach K is that dude
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

D_ Victale (sp?) is such a random dude , old man just says whatever
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

How many shots have Purdue had go in and out? They're just a second/centimeter off tonight.
not to mention all the weird bounces Duke has had go their way... everytime purdue tips a ball away from a dukie they somehow recover and nail ashot off of it like it's part of their "offense"

Last few years I've pulled for Duke over UNC when they matchup... this year, i'm thinking i just won't watch the game
laugh.gif

really am just too bothered watching both teams (mainly b/c of one player for each side... but whatever)... ugh, some of these dudes are just annoying to watchplay
laugh.gif

Duke just needs to play a real gully team that will go out there after heads.

Florida International has a basketball team, right?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Duke just needs to play a real gully team that will go out there after heads.

Florida International has a basketball team, right?

ya they just played UCLA saturday

Took my lady to see Role Models at 9:10. Come out the movies and their showing the game in the lobby. See Duke up 64-40. Diddy bopped all the way out thetheatre
laugh.gif

I think every big game this year I'm gonna underdog Duke in hopes they prove me wrong
pimp.gif

Kyle Singler can +*+%$#$ ball. He and Scheyer are proving to be a lethal 1-2 combo. I wasn't sure if they'd be able to carry this team, but I'mdefinitely impressed.

As always, if Duke shoots the ball well from outside, they are very hard to beat.

How many ppl are supposed to be at the UNC/MSU game tomorrow? 50,000+?

Latavious Williams came from one of those basketball factories...some coaches might be a little cautious about that.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

How many ppl are supposed to be at the UNC/MSU game tomorrow? 50,000+?
I doubt that many show up...as of Monday they had only sold like 15-20k. Losing to the Terps and it being a 9:15 tip during the week doesn'thelp.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Latavious Williams came from one of those basketball factories...some coaches might be a little cautious about that.
Yep...he's a 5th year senior, too. Had to go "prep" (I use the term loosely for the kind of school he's attending) in order tobecome NCAA eligible.

He was originally set to go to Kansas State after last year ('08 recruit), but had to reclassify due to not being eligible.

Here's some more info for you though allen...this is from about eight months ago (before he had to take the prep route):

But be warned - Williams has no intentions of committing any time soon.
"He has people in his ear, telling him to sign, but we told everyone he wasn't going to do it," Carter said. "He's taking a wait-and-see attitude. The schools that are recruiting him now have a pretty good shot at signing him. They'll have a longer relationship."

Here are the Cliff's Notes on Williams:

Incredibly athletic with long arms. Runs extremely well. Can handle, and his jump shot is emerging. Blocks shots with either hand. According to Dave Telep, Scout.com's national recruiting coordinator, Williams is a live body whose offense is quite polished.

"You might have to wait with him," Telep said.

If K-State is fortunate enough to land Williams, Carter believes he'll be used in the same capacity Beasley was used this season.

"They have similar games," Carter said. "Beasley is bigger, but they do the same things."

Back
Top Bottom