Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

pimp.gif

5thGearidah

Good looking out dude, gonna have to check that out.

but what if I'm not able to powerclean at my gym? Since there is a powerclean in one of those workouts posted.

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

5thGearidah

but what if I'm not able to powerclean at my gym? Since there is a powerclean in one of those workouts posted.
some people replace them w/ rows

Originally Posted by Vancity74

You guys need to realize that all weight gainers are essentially sugar and a complete waste of money. You're never going to put on any lean muscle using the stuff.

i agree vancity

ive never used a weight gainer myself.........youre just gonna crap most of that stuff out an your gonna blow up

busy week for me.....im bout to get caught up on this thread

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I didn't get 2 meals in tonight
frown.gif

I literally feel my stomach eating away the muscles

Speaking of that... Is it okay to eat late night snacks? I hate that feeling you're talking about... So is going to sleep with an empty stomach is bad?Sometimes I feel like pigging out when I know I'm not supposed to. Like... I'll eat a banana and then start chewing on bread. Temptation is hard!
laugh.gif

1 cup of 2% cottage cheese mixed with fat free strawberry or peach yogurt for a late night snack =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

frown.gif

Speaking of that... Is it okay to eat late night snacks? I hate that feeling you're talking about... So is going to sleep with an empty stomach is bad? Sometimes I feel like pigging out when I know I'm not supposed to. Like... I'll eat a banana and then start chewing on bread. Temptation is hard!
laugh.gif

I dont have protein powder right now so I usually have a cereal high in good fats and protein along with extra milk before I go to bed. Cow's milk is 80%casein and 20% whey so I just go with that for now. But like gatorad said I hear cottage cheese is great for this.

Join a new gym. Is there just not a barbell set up anywhere in your gym? If not, then I guess you're stuck with machines and cables, but ifthey have a barbell anywhere in the gym and some plates, that's all you need. Unless they have some rule against that kind of stuff like at PlanetFitness, which if that's the case, join a new gym.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Join a new gym. Is there just not a barbell set up anywhere in your gym? If not, then I guess you're stuck with machines and cables, but if they have a barbell anywhere in the gym and some plates, that's all you need. Unless they have some rule against that kind of stuff like at Planet Fitness, which if that's the case, join a new gym.

yeah i'd take a step further and say make sure your gym has those wooden platforms for olympic lifts....having barbells isn't enough, youneed a place where you can drop the weight too.

Great thread.

My biggest suggestion is, and I dont know if this has been said yet, it to get over your abs if you are trying to gain weight. If you are on a weight gainingphase and eating properly to gain weight, your abs are going to get blurry, unless you are on that sauce. If you can mentally get over the fact that you aregoing get soft around the stomach when you are trying to gain weight, you will gain weight easier.

My second suggestion is to remember that you are working our for yourself and not who is in the gym. Don't lift weight you can/aren't supposed to liftjust to impress the heads in the gym. Those dudes aren't doing anything for your development.

Third, go hard. (pause)

Fourth, fitness is more about nutrition than lifting.

Fifth, rest and don't over train.

Sixth, you can't spot train. You won't have big biceps if all you do is train biceps. Your legs have as much to do with your biceps as your actualbicep does.

Good luck ya'll.

Peace.

MaZe

My second suggestion is to remember that you are working our for yourself and not who is in the gym. Don't lift weight you can/aren't supposed to lift just to impress the heads in the gym. Those dudes aren't doing anything for your development.
Yes. You would be surprise too...there are some jacked looking dudes who can't lift that much and there are mighty mouse small dudes who lifta grip. IMO, there is that range where you would feel the burn, but still able to maintain proper form. I see it too many times when dudes stack on too muchweight and lose their balance, ie on the bench.

For those are consume rice on the regular basis, Costco has this microwavable brown rice that's pretty nifty. I looked at the nutrition fact and it'snot too shabby too. This is going to replace white rice for me.
25ppe05.jpg

Right now i'm using mapmyrun.com to keep track of my workouts/running. You can input everything into it that revolves around your workouts and such.It's pretty cool to see a calendar of your progress/activity. That alone motivates me to keep it up. You can link it to your myspace/facebook/twitter aswell.

Originally Posted by MaZeDOwNeR

Great thread.

My biggest suggestion is, and I dont know if this has been said yet, it to get over your abs if you are trying to gain weight. If you are on a weight gaining phase and eating properly to gain weight, your abs are going to get blurry, unless you are on that sauce. If you can mentally get over the fact that you are going get soft around the stomach when you are trying to gain weight, you will gain weight easier.

My second suggestion is to remember that you are working our for yourself and not who is in the gym. Don't lift weight you can/aren't supposed to lift just to impress the heads in the gym. Those dudes aren't doing anything for your development.

Third, go hard. (pause)

Sixth, you can't spot train. You won't have big biceps if all you do is train biceps. Your legs have as much to do with your biceps as your actual bicep does.

Good luck ya'll.

Peace.

MaZe
READ THIS FOR MOTIVATION

I quickly realized by minimizing fat intake, maximizing exercise and going hard (pause) on the ab workouts that my abs would become more defined and I wouldloose that sllliiiight hang over the belt. When I flex my upper four abs are looking great, but the lower four are non existent until I started eating saladsinstead of burgers type of thing 24/7. I've lost alot of the fat surrounding the muscles so they look better but....my upper body is in need of muscle massgain.

You cannot gain muscle mass and reduce fat at the same time effectively unless you dedicate your life to it!!! working out your desired areas to increase willonly breakup the tissue. you then need to fill the tissue with protiens etc. this is extremely difficult when your focus is to loose the body fat %. I'vedecided to focus on getting that body fat% to a level I'm content with, while working out my upper body and eventually start pounding back the supplementsand nutrients I need to gain muscle.
nerd.gif

I'm getting slightly bored of my eating routine..
breakfast - whole wheat muffin/egg/ham
lunch - tuna/spinach/balsamic dressing
dinner - turkey/whole wheat bun/romain lettuce
small snacks throughout the day - booster juice, protein bar

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

frown.gif

Speaking of that... Is it okay to eat late night snacks? I hate that feeling you're talking about... So is going to sleep with an empty stomach is bad? Sometimes I feel like pigging out when I know I'm not supposed to. Like... I'll eat a banana and then start chewing on bread. Temptation is hard!
laugh.gif

I dont have protein powder right now so I usually have a cereal high in good fats and protein along with extra milk before I go to bed. Cow's milk is 80% casein and 20% whey so I just go with that for now. But like gatorad said I hear cottage cheese is great for this.
Not eating 3 hours prior to going to bed maximizes fat burning.

Here is something I learned....
DRINK TWO LARGE GLASSES OF WATER BEFORE EATING ANYTHING = 14lbs of weight loss/year without changing anything else

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

You cannot gain muscle mass and reduce fat at the same time effectively unless you dedicate your life to it!!!
fixed.

especially without ph/ds/steroids

that's why you go thru bulking and cutting cycles.

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

5thGearidah

Does your gym let you deadlift? If so, there's no reason they shouldn't let you powerclean. I work out at a squash club full of old me, and it'sfrowned upon to deadlift and powerclean (I've seen people get b*tched out by the front staff because they were throwing the barbell on the floor after eachrep... serves them right I suppose) but I do it anyways. If they were to disallow me from doing these two exercises, I would cancel on the spot.

Originally Posted by wj4

Yes. You would be surprise too...there are some jacked looking dudes who can't lift that much and there are mighty mouse small dudes who lift a grip. IMO, there is that range where you would feel the burn, but still able to maintain proper form. I see it too many times when dudes stack on too much weight and lose their balance, ie on the bench.

For those are consume rice on the regular basis, Costco has this microwavable brown rice that's pretty nifty. I looked at the nutrition fact and it's not too shabby too. This is going to replace white rice for me.
25ppe05.jpg

had that for lunch along with some grilled chicken breast marianted in Balsamic Vinigarette
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MaZeDOwNeR

Great thread.

My biggest suggestion is, and I dont know if this has been said yet, it to get over your abs if you are trying to gain weight. If you are on a weight gaining phase and eating properly to gain weight, your abs are going to get blurry, unless you are on that sauce. If you can mentally get over the fact that you are going get soft around the stomach when you are trying to gain weight, you will gain weight easier.

Third, go hard. (pause)

Sixth, you can't spot train. You won't have big biceps if all you do is train biceps. Your legs have as much to do with your biceps as your actual bicep does.

Good luck ya'll.

Peace.

MaZe
Yes you can. You can't spot reduce, as in lose fat in certain areas, but you bet your %%! if I put in work on my biceps, my biceps will grow.

if i can't deadlift due to a lower weak back, will that really be detrimental to my overall development?

some guy is telling me that deadlifts are the most important exercise..

Has anyone tried Tabata's 4 minutes intervals?
I've heard they are great but not easy at all.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

You cannot gain muscle mass and reduce fat at the same time effectively unless you dedicate your life to it!!!
fixed.

especially without ph/ds/steroids

that's why you go thru bulking and cutting cycles.

Yeah you can but itll take much longer. Most people dont need to go through bulking/cutting cycles. Thats a bodybuilding thing, and most people arent intothat clique. The whole bulk/cut thing is being used by too many people that dont even need to do it.

Yes you can. You can't spot reduce, as in lose fat in certain areas, but you bet your %%! if I put in work on my biceps, my biceps will grow.
I think you misunderstood what he was trying to say. He worded it in a unique way.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Has anyone tried Tabata's 4 minutes intervals?
I've heard they are great but not easy at all.

yes i have

id had it in my sig on my old s/n an im 99% sure i mentioned it in here somewhere relating to fat burn

high intensity interval training

not easy, more for advanced folks into fitness. itll kick your #^$# for sure but its very rewarding. i was doing this method while on a cut.

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

if i can't deadlift due to a lower weak back, will that really be detrimental to my overall development?

some guy is telling me that deadlifts are the most important exercise..
I've been TELLing people. Strengthen your GLUTES. Stretch out your tight hip flexors, ham strings, and calves because they're all knottedup.

Once your posture is correct, and you activate your glutes a little more, begin glute raises and bodyweight/lightweight lunges. Also warm up with glute bridgesevery day, every workout.

Then you can progress to deadlifts again, without the pain in your lower back.

Back
Top Bottom