Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

I LOOK AT THIS THRED EVERY NIGHT AND JUST SHAKE MY HEAD... I BEEN WANTING TO WORK OUT FOR THE LAST 4 MONTHS BUT IM JUST TO *!#*#! LAZY TO GO TO THE GYM THAT I HAVE A FREE PASS TO.... SMH @ MY LAZINESS.... ANYBODY IN HERE COULD RECOMMEND A WAY FOR ME TO GET MY $%@ UP AND WALK 1 CITY BLOCK TO THE GYM A FEW TIMES A WEKK

Hire me as your trainer. I will show up to your crib every morning at the butt-crack of dawn with a megaphone screaming in your ear. First order ofbusiness is 100 pushups followed by 20 squat thrusts before you're allowed to take your morning leak. Then you're going to go to the kitchen and downa scoop of whey protein and a banana, and then we're off to the gym.

After that we're doing a circuit of all your major muscle groups, so you'll be doing 5 rounds of 20 reps of Squats, Bench-Presses, and Chins. Forevery second you rest, that's a squat-thrust at the end of the workout, so if you stop moving and just stand or sit down between exercises for like 20seconds, that's 20 squat thrusts. I will keep a small bucket with us at each station for whenever you need to vomit. If you vomit, it's another 10squat thrusts.

We're gonna follow that with 4 sets sumo deadlifts, front squats, and 20kg kettlebell swings, 20 reps each.

OK, warmup is over, no to go train. You're going to Squat for 10 sets, the first 4 being light warmup sets of 10 reps, the next 2 being moderate sets of8, and 3 heavy sets of 5. Then we're deadlifiting for 5 sets, starting at your 5 rep max and increasing until we finish at 90% of your 1 rep max. Inbetween each set you'll do 20 squat crunches.

Then we're benching for 10 sets, same setup as the squats, each time superset with 20 clap pushups.

Then cardio, then you'll kneel on broken glass for 10 minutes to build up your inner strength. Then a 150 gram protein shake and 2 raw steaks.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Matt53

Couple questions:

1. can NT school me on this HIIT? Anyone use it with better results than the guy that posted a couple pages ago?

2. I'm currently in a bulking phase, but is there any way to work on reducing fat at the same time?

Thanks fam
1. HIIT stands for high intensity interval training and it is just that. You work out for 10-20 mins, but it's intensive. You can use it for a lot of exercises, but a lot of people prefer running. So you may do something like run your balls out for 30 seconds and jog for a minute and run your balls out again for 30 seconds and repeat 6-10 times. It leaves your body craving for oxygen and because you ran and jogged the whole way, it didn't have a chance of properly absorbing the oxygen in.

You don't burn much cals during the process itself, the beauty is that you continue to burn calories at a great pace for up to the next 48 hours during recovery.

2. You can minimize fat by clean bulking.
I'd suggest if you have a ++!+#$ metabolic rate such as I, to clean bulk and incorporate HIIT 1-2x a week if you want to have gains withoutthe typical increase in bf as well. I was dirty bulking w/o cardio at all and I felt ++!+#$. However I just started HIIT and I've been eating really clean,it just makes me look and feel better.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

I LOOK AT THIS THRED EVERY NIGHT AND JUST SHAKE MY HEAD... I BEEN WANTING TO WORK OUT FOR THE LAST 4 MONTHS BUT IM JUST TO *!#*#! LAZY TO GO TO THE GYM THAT I HAVE A FREE PASS TO.... SMH @ MY LAZINESS.... ANYBODY IN HERE COULD RECOMMEND A WAY FOR ME TO GET MY $%@ UP AND WALK 1 CITY BLOCK TO THE GYM A FEW TIMES A WEKK
Hire me as your trainer. I will show up to your crib every morning at the butt-crack of dawn with a megaphone screaming in your ear. First order of business is 100 pushups followed by 20 squat thrusts before you're allowed to take your morning leak. Then you're going to go to the kitchen and down a scoop of whey protein and a banana, and then we're off to the gym.

After that we're doing a circuit of all your major muscle groups, so you'll be doing 5 rounds of 20 reps of Squats, Bench-Presses, and Chins. For every second you rest, that's a squat-thrust at the end of the workout, so if you stop moving and just stand or sit down between exercises for like 20 seconds, that's 20 squat thrusts. I will keep a small bucket with us at each station for whenever you need to vomit. If you vomit, it's another 10 squat thrusts.

We're gonna follow that with 4 sets sumo deadlifts, front squats, and 20kg kettlebell swings, 20 reps each.

OK, warmup is over, no to go train. You're going to Squat for 10 sets, the first 4 being light warmup sets of 10 reps, the next 2 being moderate sets of 8, and 3 heavy sets of 5. Then we're deadlifiting for 5 sets, starting at your 5 rep max and increasing until we finish at 90% of your 1 rep max. In between each set you'll do 20 squat crunches.

Then we're benching for 10 sets, same setup as the squats, each time superset with 20 clap pushups.

Then cardio, then you'll kneel on broken glass for 10 minutes to build up your inner strength. Then a 150 gram protein shake and 2 raw steaks.

I really really thought you were serious, up until I read 2 raw steaks....right?

Kind of a basic question here guys:

I've been working out forever. Lifting, cardio, etc. and always willing to try new workouts if I can at my local gym. My brother is a personal trainer soI'm used to getting sound advice. I know most of you will say that in order to get ripped, burn fat and build muscle, you have to do a good combo of cardioand heavy lifting. However, if you read interviews and articles about Tiger Woods and Rafael Nadal, they BOTH say they ONLY lift low weight/high reps in thegym coupled with cardio, yet they've both got decent builds to them and stay lean. I know diet plays a tremendous part in getting results, but how wouldyou, relatively, achieve their builds?

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

I started to do 5mins of Jump rope as my cool down, Christ... now I see why its one of the exercises that burns calories fast, jump rope is no joke but you feel good afterwards.

agree 100%, i skip every other day for about 15 mins. Works up a big sweat and after that i hit the punching bag

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Hire me as your trainer. I will show up to your crib every morning at the butt-crack of dawn with a megaphone screaming in your ear. First order of business is 100 pushups followed by 20 squat thrusts before you're allowed to take your morning leak. Then you're going to go to the kitchen and down a scoop of whey protein and a banana, and then we're off to the gym.

After that we're doing a circuit of all your major muscle groups, so you'll be doing 5 rounds of 20 reps of Squats, Bench-Presses, and Chins. For every second you rest, that's a squat-thrust at the end of the workout, so if you stop moving and just stand or sit down between exercises for like 20 seconds, that's 20 squat thrusts. I will keep a small bucket with us at each station for whenever you need to vomit. If you vomit, it's another 10 squat thrusts.

OK, warmup is over, no to go train. You're going to Squat for 10 sets, the first 4 being light warmup sets of 10 reps, the next 2 being moderate sets of 8, and 3 heavy sets of 5. Then we're deadlifiting for 5 sets, starting at your 5 rep max and increasing until we finish at 90% of your 1 rep max. In between each set you'll do 20 squat crunches.

I really really thought you were serious, up until I read 2 raw steaks....right?

Really? The 2 raw steaks was the giveaway, and not the vomit-buckets or the kneeling on broken glass?

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Kind of a basic question here guys:

I've been working out forever. Lifting, cardio, etc. and always willing to try new workouts if I can at my local gym. My brother is a personal trainer so I'm used to getting sound advice. I know most of you will say that in order to get ripped, burn fat and build muscle, you have to do a good combo of cardio and heavy lifting. However, if you read interviews and articles about Tiger Woods and Rafael Nadal, they BOTH say they ONLY lift low weight/high reps in the gym coupled with cardio, yet they've both got decent builds to them and stay lean. I know diet plays a tremendous part in getting results, but how would you, relatively, achieve their builds?
Genetics also play a big part. I personally try to mix it up..a month of regular weight/8 reps, the next month will be low weight/high rep, thenext month will be low rep/high weight.

is this stuff any good?
pGNC1-4243548t300x300.jpg

No. Not that it's not good, it's just not your best option for the price. I think it's mostly, if not all whey protein concentrate, which is thecheapest grade and the least absorbed whey you can get. Look for a whey that is all whey isolate, or a combination of concentrate and isolate in theingredients. ON 100% Whey Gold Standard, Dymatize Elite, Gaspari IntraPro, and Universal Whey are all comparable in price and have a better mix. If you wantWhey Isolate go for Isopure, Nectar, or go the trueprotein.com

yeah avoid gnc products, especially at gnc prices

missed like the last....3 days t the gym, too burnt out

hit legs today, pr'ed on squats

feels good to be back

Seriously, everything in GNC is so overpriced, even their own brand stuff.

ok i have been taking the gnc wheybolic protein shakes and mono. creatine but from reading the last two pages its not the best thing to take so what type ofwhey should i copp next and what about a brand of multivitamins...........also thinking about trying the kre-alkalyn creatine next which should i go with theregular or pro?

Joe or Audi what multi would you recommend?

Haven't taken one for a while but the last one I took was:

AST-Multi-Pro-32x-100-Kapsul-Multi-Vitamin__19128834_0.jpg

Here's are the values:

Multi-Pro-sup-fact.jpg

I stopped because I was pissing neon green = literally pissing away money.
laugh.gif

All I know with multi's is that the vast majority are POS and I need at least a decent one.

Then again, i prob just should've taken 1/2 a cap morning and 1/2 cap evening.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by wj4

Seriously, everything in GNC is so overpriced, even their own brand stuff.
I should've known better
tired.gif
It's all good, man. It may just be me but the workers there got some 'holier than thou' attitude too. Funny thing is that theyain't even built..just fat in really tight shirts. I once came in to look at their selection of whey and dude was trying to get me to buy $100 worth ofstuff. I prefer Vitamin World when it comes to a chain place.

Karbolyn looks good in terms of a post-workout carb supp, but I tried something else that used mostly modified potato starch as its main carb source, and italways got me a little sick everytime. I think with that it's just a matter of personal preference. I feel like that might upset my stomach, but it wouldbe good for most people.

Kre-Alkalyn is good. I've taken it for years, and I usually recommend it for people who get stomach discomfort or bloating from creatine monohydrate. Def.notice a difference when I'm not on it.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Then a 150 gram protein shake

roll.gif
roll.gif

First thing that comes to mind is this...

russian.jpg
imgGrabber.aspx

Servings Per Container 1
Calories 2,600
protein 184g

Some of you might want to hop on this
pimp.gif
joking

My friend tried this out before...after he finished the tub, never used it again
laugh.gif

Karbolyn looks good in terms of a post-workout carb supp, but I tried something else that used mostly modified potato starch as its main carb source, and it always got me a little sick everytime. I think with that it's just a matter of personal preference. I feel like that might upset my stomach, but it would be good for most people.

Kre-Alkalyn is good. I've taken it for years, and I usually recommend it for people who get stomach discomfort or bloating from creatine monohydrate. Def. notice a difference when I'm not on it.
so which one should i buy

078011_lg.jpg

It's all good, man. It may just be me but the workers there got some 'holier than thou' attitude too. Funny thing is that they ain't even built..just fat in really tight shirts. I once came in to look at their selection of whey and dude was trying to get me to buy $100 worth of stuff. I prefer Vitamin World when it comes to a chain place.
Lmao. Yeah, i had a client ask me to recommend some protein, and I gave her a couple of brands to get, one of them being isopure, just straightup whey protein isolate. She came back and said the guy at the store told her she should fire me as a trainer because I didn't know anything, and that sheshould get the GNC brand protein and some GNC multivitamins. Thank God she knew better. Funny thing is, we got married less than a year later.

I find Vitamin World a little overpriced on some things. For in-store I haven't found any chain better than Vitamin Shoppe. If you live in NYC, check outEva's on 8th St. and 5th. Ave (a few blocks from the Green St. Flight Club). It's a great bodybuilding friendly restaurant, with a supplement store inthe back, and the prices are usually pretty good. If you need to order online, go with Cheapvitamins.com, Prosource.net, or Vitacost.com. I'm sure thereare others, but I don't know all of them.

y'all got some crazy stories about gnc
laugh.gif
the gnc i go to is not badat all everything is marked up but she always puts in some code at the register to bring the price down.
never suggests any gnc brand stuff. her family owns it though.

Back
Top Bottom