Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by sloanboy

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Karbolyn looks good in terms of a post-workout carb supp, but I tried something else that used mostly modified potato starch as its main carb source, and it always got me a little sick everytime. I think with that it's just a matter of personal preference. I feel like that might upset my stomach, but it would be good for most people.

Kre-Alkalyn is good. I've taken it for years, and I usually recommend it for people who get stomach discomfort or bloating from creatine monohydrate. Def. notice a difference when I'm not on it.
so which one should i buy

078011_lg.jpg
I used the one all the way to left...Flex Wheeler edition.
It was really good, like it a lot.

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

y'all got some crazy stories about gnc
laugh.gif
the gnc i go to is not bad at all everything is marked up but she always puts in some code at the register to bring the price down.
never suggests any gnc brand stuff. her family owns it though.
yeah the guy @ the register gave me the gold card discount..saved 5 bucks
smokin.gif

i am curious about this stuff too even though i'm sure its effects are minimal:

man_blueprint.jpg

wawa- AOR ortho-core only. best choice would be taking vitamins and minerals separately at diff times a day but that is very inconvenient imo

and
laugh.gif
@ russian bear......have heard many jokes about that one, don't you mix it with a gallon of milk?

oh yeah no doubt, and better than 95% of the stuff on the market easy

just giving everyone a heads up as bb.com and other places tend to jock ON protein too much

Question-

When Working out two muscle groups in a session, what's better?

Say I'm working out my chest and shoulders..

should I do 3 chest exercises, then 3 shoulder exercises

OR

1 chest exercise then 1 shoulder exercise (repeat 3x) a.ka. alternating

does it matter?

Originally Posted by dead in 09

Question-

OR

does it matter?
It depends
Me personally i would never work chest and shoulders together, but if u are planning on doing it, then finish ur chest then go to shoulders (or vis-versa).

now if u do it my way where i do Chest and upper back then i would alternate
Example
Today i did
(4sets each)
Heavy dumbbell incline chest ( 75,100,110,120)
Weighted wide grip chin ups (25,25,35,35)
dumbbell Flat bench (High Reps) ( 75,85, 95,105)
Pull down machine ( high reps)
(3 sets each)
Machine Flys ( heavy)
cable flys ( focusing on the lower chest) ( high reps)

See with this work out i alternate because its more effective, but then again different things for different people

Also I never tried Gold Standard but i take IsoFlex, what u guys think about that brand?

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by dead in 09

Question-

OR

does it matter?
It depends
Me personally i would never work chest and shoulders together, but if u are planning on doing it, then finish ur chest then go to shoulders (or vis-versa).

now if u do it my way where i do Chest and upper back then i would alternate
Example
Today i did
(4sets each)
Heavy dumbbell incline chest ( 75,100,110,120)
Weighted wide grip chin ups (25,25,35,35)
dumbbell Flat bench (High Reps) ( 75,85, 95,105)
Pull down machine ( high reps)
(3 sets each)
Machine Flys ( heavy)
cable flys ( focusing on the lower chest) ( high reps)

See with this work out i alternate because its more effective, but then again different things for different people

Also I never tried Gold Standard but i take IsoFlex, what u guys think about that brand?

Im curious to why you say its "more effective"

Not saying it isnt, but im curious to the reasoning.

Back to OPs post:

I normally do a whole area first then move to the secondary area.

BTW im not overweight in fact im in the middle of a clean bulk. But i want to incorporate Hiit into my workout probally once or twice a week.

Where is a good place to go to find a variety of excercises to include?

Thanks

Does everyone need you use Whey if youre hitting the gym? Im trying to cut my weight by about 25pounds, do I still need it? Im a bit confused about its exactpurpose. Thanx guys.

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Does everyone need you use Whey if youre hitting the gym? Im trying to cut my weight by about 25pounds, do I still need it? Im a bit confused about its exact purpose. Thanx guys.
It's just a supplement.

Take a look at what you eat in a day, and if you dont think/arent getting enough protein consumption then Whey is one way increase your protein intake.

Im guessing that you get enough protein right now without taking it, so its not necessary, but it also wont harm your body if you do decide to take it inmoderation. (*Depending)

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Does everyone need you use Whey if youre hitting the gym? Im trying to cut my weight by about 25pounds, do I still need it? Im a bit confused about its exact purpose. Thanx guys.
It's just a supplement.

Take a look at what you eat in a day, and if you dont think/arent getting enough protein consumption then Whey is one way increase your protein intake.

Im guessing that you get enough protein right now without taking it, so its not necessary, but it also wont harm your body if you do decide to take it in moderation. (*Depending)
+1. Prior to whey protein powder, people still got in decent shape. It's a billion dollar industry that wants you to think you need it.

Whey is just a convenient method of getting the protein needed. If you can get in a good healthy meal pre and post work out, you can skip it.

BTW how long further do you guys think we should keep this thread going before making a part II? I'm thinking that the high page count may discourage somefolks from coming in here.

wj4 wrote:

BTW how long further do you guys think we should keep this thread going before making a part II? I'm thinking that the high page count may discourage some folks from coming in here.

I mean the biggest thread on NT is like 900 pages I see no reason to start a new one.. as a matter of fact I was here when it begun kinda proud tosee the progression from 1page to 200
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

wj4 wrote:

BTW how long further do you guys think we should keep this thread going before making a part II? I'm thinking that the high page count may discourage some folks from coming in here.
I mean the biggest thread on NT is like 900 pages I see no reason to start a new one.. as a matter of fact I was here when it begun kinda proud to see the progression from 1page to 200
embarassed.gif

Yes, it doesn't matter for us. But to someone who is on the verge of wanting to come in might be intimidated.

I took last week off, starting up again this week. I went this afternoon, and damn, it hurt doing everything. MaybeSupersets of Chest/Back/Shoulders, anAb-Circuit and 30 minutes of cardio could do the trick..

I currently weigh in at a steady 161 lbs.
happy.gif
When this whole gymstarted for me, I weighed in at 176 lbs almost two months ago.

All American EFX is the only brand Kre Alkalyn I use. The difference between the OG and the Pro I believe is they put something in it to help you burn off fat,like green and black tea or something if I recall.

Back
Top Bottom