Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Well ON 100% label states that you should have one before and after. But to be honest, I have started to cut down on my shakes. I have 1-2 max a day. First oneis after workouts and the second one maybe during the morning or day where I can't get access to wholefoods.

Pre and Postworkout nutrition is probably where most of your calories should be consumed. Besides, assuming you workout in the morning, if your breakfast isgood enough (adequate protein, carbs etc..) then your postworkout meal/shake whatever doesn't need to be consumer immediately. You could even have yourmeal 2-3 hours after you workout... but for me im always hungry as a %*!@@$%%+**$ after I workout especially leg days so I eat heaps before and after - myoverall calories that day are also increased.

Protein before a workout is good in terms of when you rip your muscle fibers during a workout they already have amino acids flowing to them, but after aworkout is most important

laugh.gif
you guys need to live a little. Cheating isn't the end of the world. Indulge time to time. Indulge in GOOD food, not crappy nutella and peanut butter.Have some fun. That's another reason I love the Warrior Diet, I can indulge and not worry.

Starvation mode doesn't happen until 3 days of no food. So the guy who asked about the pizza is fine. He might've eaten too much, but he didn'tbreak all of biceps down for food or anything like that.

And no, he didn't slow his metabolism down either, which is basically starvation mode.

not eating for half the day is slowing your metabolism a bit, but then again after reading what you said about creatine never mind.

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Protein before a workout is good in terms of when you rip your muscle fibers during a workout they already have amino acids flowing to them, but after a workout is most important

No. Thats absolute "bro-science".
laugh.gif

Protein before a workout is absolutley unnecessary.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Protein before a workout is good in terms of when you rip your muscle fibers during a workout they already have amino acids flowing to them, but after a workout is most important

laugh.gif

Yeah I always used it after but some trainer told me that

aspartame breaks down into natural residual components, including aspartic acid, phenylalanine, methanol, and further breakdown products including formaldehyde, formic acid, and a diketopiperazine.

methanol and formaldehyde damage DNA and are toxic to the body

The simplest way to explain was aspartame does is that it sits in your liver and stays there for an extended period of time (about 6 months orso) making it harder for you liver to break down other compounds and macronutrients. This causes your body to store fat more easily because it can'tutilize proteins, fats, and carbs as readily as it normally would.

As far as protein pre-workout, I very rarely do it, but I find that if you work out early in the day when you haven't gotten too many meals in your system,it helps me from getting fatigued too soon. I think everybody's protein requirements are different, but basically, the more muscle you carry, the moreprotein you probably need postworkout and throughout the day.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

aspartame breaks down into natural residual components, including aspartic acid, phenylalanine, methanol, and further breakdown products including formaldehyde, formic acid, and a diketopiperazine.

methanol and formaldehyde damage DNA and are toxic to the body
The simplest way to explain was aspartame does is that it sits in your liver and stays there for an extended period of time (about 6 months or so) making it harder for you liver to break down other compounds and macronutrients. This causes your body to store fat more easily because it can't utilize proteins, fats, and carbs as readily as it normally would.

As far as protein pre-workout, I very rarely do it, but I find that if you work out early in the day when you haven't gotten too many meals in your system, it helps me from getting fatigued too soon. I think everybody's protein requirements are different, but basically, the more muscle you carry, the more protein you probably need postworkout and throughout the day.
siting in your liver for an extended period of time = the methanol....which is broken down at a MUCH slower rate than ethanol (doesnt take monthstho)....or do other aspartame byproducts do this too?

either way, it's more than just that......methanol alone has more toxic effects than simply over-taxing the liver, although that's a big one for sure.

Originally Posted by Durden7

laugh.gif

Yeah I always used it after but some trainer told me that
Yeah he lied.

As far as protein pre-workout, I very rarely do it, but I find that if you work out early in the day when you haven't gotten too many meals in your system, it helps me from getting fatigued too soon. I think everybody's protein requirements are different, but basically, the more muscle you carry, the more protein you probably need postworkout and throughout the day.
Well yeah, early morning is a different story. Thats not even about protein though, thats just food in general. You can get the same benefitfrom eating a bagel, apple, banana, yogurt, cereal, etc.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Arent some of the newer creatines better then the cheap mono ones, they dont you look bloated like they did before

def

creatine has def come along...

i for one believe in and take kre alkalyn as i stated before.

Never been a believer in creatine, but if it works for u then great but it wont work for everyone. For me 1 scoop of Isoflex after my workout and 1 scoop with my dinner and MuiltV, thats all the supplements i have the rest is just natural protein. What kind of tuna do u guys suggest for people that really hate the taste of tuna ( dont like the taste but i need to try it sometimes to mix up my meal plan)
that can be said for anything

some people are creatine nonresponders but i have no clue what you mean you arent a believer in creatine
laugh.gif

I never said that he's going to be fat over night. It's just bad practice...especially when he has a 'deadline' for the weight lost.

Couple questions:

1. can NT school me on this HIIT? Anyone use it with better results than the guy that posted a couple pages ago?

2. I'm currently in a bulking phase, but is there any way to work on reducing fat at the same time?

Thanks fam

Damn...I hate days like today. I've worked out like a dog for the past 2 weeks and feel that I deserve a cheat meal. The problem is, I'm not cravinganything bad but I do not want to eat anything bad during the week when I'll be working out 5 days in a row.

BTW, I dont know what the he.ll happened to my cardio. During the summer I was playing soccer 2-4x a week and would occasionally jog for 40-50 mins. withoutany trouble at all. Yesterday, I went for a light jog inside my gym's track and I thought I was gonna have a heart attack. I was sweating profusely, myface turned red and my lungs were burning like crazy. You know that feeling when you feel blood is coming up your throat? Worst ever. I stopped after 12 mins.or so but my heart rate didn't settle down until 40 mins later.

I think its time for me to cut down on the weight training and start jogging more.

I LOOK AT THIS THRED EVERY NIGHT AND JUST SHAKE MY HEAD... I BEEN WANTING TO WORK OUT FOR THE LAST 4 MONTHS BUT IM JUST TO *!#*#! LAZY TO GO TO THE GYM THAT IHAVE A FREE PASS TO.... SMH @ MY LAZINESS.... ANYBODY IN HERE COULD RECOMMEND A WAY FOR ME TO GET MY $%@ UP AND WALK 1 CITY BLOCK TO THE GYM A FEW TIMES A WEKK

Originally Posted by mYKiCkZArEaG21

I LOOK AT THIS THRED EVERY NIGHT AND JUST SHAKE MY HEAD... I BEEN WANTING TO WORK OUT FOR THE LAST 4 MONTHS BUT IM JUST TO *!#*#! LAZY TO GO TO THE GYM THAT I HAVE A FREE PASS TO.... SMH @ MY LAZINESS.... ANYBODY IN HERE COULD RECOMMEND A WAY FOR ME TO GET MY $%@ UP AND WALK 1 CITY BLOCK TO THE GYM A FEW TIMES A WEKK

hardest part is just stepping out of that door and doing it!

I LOOK AT THIS THRED EVERY NIGHT AND JUST SHAKE MY HEAD... I BEEN WANTING TO WORK OUT FOR THE LAST 4 MONTHS BUT IM JUST TO *!#*#! LAZY TO GO TO THE GYM THAT I HAVE A FREE PASS TO.... SMH @ MY LAZINESS.... ANYBODY IN HERE COULD RECOMMEND A WAY FOR ME TO GET MY $%@ UP AND WALK 1 CITY BLOCK TO THE GYM A FEW TIMES A WEKK
we could quote so many statistics about how it'll prolong your life or improve your self esteem and all sorts of stuff, but in the end itsgotta be you wanting change yourself.

To channel the website's namesake, Just Do It

I know exactly how that is... once you start working out you'll notice an improvement to not only your body but your life

Originally Posted by BmoneyBagz

My diet was going perfect lose like 10 pounds in like 2 months, i mess up today, didnt eat the whole day and ate like a pie and half of dominos bk stlye pizza a few min ago, ya think im good lol?
RIP.

nah man, you're good.
laugh.gif
you can make up for it in one goodsession.

Originally Posted by Matt53

Couple questions:

1. can NT school me on this HIIT? Anyone use it with better results than the guy that posted a couple pages ago?

2. I'm currently in a bulking phase, but is there any way to work on reducing fat at the same time?

Thanks fam
there's been a bunch posted about HIIT so far... if you use the search topic thing at the top right of any page in this thread and put in HIITall the posts talking about will come up. i've had good results in the past (during track and field practices).

if you want to build muscle and reduce fat at the same time, it's generally slower and more difficult than focusing on one, but it's possible. youneed to adjust your diet so you eat more than a maintenance level of calories, but less than you would on a regular bulking phase. also, if you do a sessionor two of HIIT, that will also cut fat without diminishing your muscle gains too much.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Never been a believer in creatine, but if it works for u then great but it wont work for everyone. For me 1 scoop of Isoflex after my workout and 1 scoop with my dinner and MuiltV, thats all the supplements i have the rest is just natural protein. What kind of tuna do u guys suggest for people that really hate the taste of tuna ( dont like the taste but i need to try it sometimes to mix up my meal plan)
that can be said for anything

some people are creatine nonresponders but i have no clue what you mean you arent a believer in creatine
laugh.gif
creatine non-believers
laugh.gif

speaking of creatine, today was my first day of heavy creatine loading... with bulgogi
devil.gif
pimp.gif
. massive amounts of kbbq chicken, pork, and beef. nothing like a celebratory cheat day to kick things off. good thing i did tabata right before ileft to eat. seeing as my diet lately has put me in an unintented cut phase, i'm looking forward to this bulking stage
laugh.gif

I did some Tabata Burpees and Cosgrove Evil 8 today... I just felt that 1 cycle (4mins of Tabata) was really short. Do you's do more than one cycle? and ifso do you do them consecutively or like perhaps spread out during your gym session?

not eating for half the day is slowing your metabolism a bit, but then again after reading what you said about creatine never mind.
If the body needs to function, it's going to.
I never said that creatine doesn't work. Many people are successful with it, I just said it wasn't necessary, especially for beginners. Most people eatmeat, which already has creatine in it.

Originally Posted by joree85

Anyone got any feedback on the Bodylastics TO Resistance Bands?
Wawa uses resistance bands on his off days I believe. He says that it stimulates the muscles to help them rebuild faster.

Originally Posted by Matt53

Couple questions:

Thanks fam
1. HIIT stands for high intensity interval training and it is just that. You work out for 10-20 mins, but it's intensive. You can use itfor a lot of exercises, but a lot of people prefer running. So you may do something like run your balls out for 30 seconds and jog for a minute and run yourballs out again for 30 seconds and repeat 6-10 times. It leaves your body craving for oxygen and because you ran and jogged the whole way, it didn't havea chance of properly absorbing the oxygen in.

You don't burn much cals during the process itself, the beauty is that you continue to burn calories at a great pace for up to the next 48 hours duringrecovery.

2. You can minimize fat by clean bulking.

I started to do 5mins of Jump rope as my cool down, Christ... now I see why its one of the exercises that burns calories fast, jump rope is no joke but youfeel good afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom