Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

please no bro-science
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
im dying
laugh.gif

panarican that vitargo def works, i swear i literally feel it refueling/saturating my muscles.

the unsweetened/unflavored taste like liquid chalk
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

but i dont take stuff for flavor an i try an stay away from artificial sweetners as much as possible.

Yeah, I've been trying to stay away from aspartame as much as I can. Used to drink too much diet coke, so I cut that out, now once or twice a weekI'll have a single can of regular coke if I really crave it, but that's about it.

I tried the grape flavor and tropical punch. Tropical punch tasted a little bit better, and yeah, you can feel yourself recovering while you're drinkingit.

Problem is, we have too many beginners thinking they need a million different supplements at the same time, when in the very beginning, you just need maybe agood protein shake and just to eat enough and lift. Then maybe some creatine monohydrate a couple months down the line, but people just learning how to reallytrain and get connected to their muscles don't need NO Xplode or White Flood or anything like that.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

how is tuna on wheat w/ light mayo for a pre workout snack?
Tuna and what are good. Light mayo...read the ingredients, make sure it doesn't contain too much stuff. The less ingredients..the better.

Originally Posted by wj4

Tuna and what are good. Light mayo...read the ingredients, make sure it doesn't contain too much stuff. The less ingredients..the better.

13974239.jpg

lot of salt
ohwell.gif

tuna without some kind of dressing is dry as hell
sick.gif

Doesn't look too bad, man. How's the ingredients? Anything like hydrogenated oil?

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Originally Posted by Al Audi

please no bro-science
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
im dying
laugh.gif

panarican that vitargo def works, i swear i literally feel it refueling/saturating my muscles.

the unsweetened/unflavored taste like liquid chalk
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

but i dont take stuff for flavor an i try an stay away from artificial sweetners as much as possible.

Yeah, I've been trying to stay away from aspartame as much as I can. Used to drink too much diet coke, so I cut that out, now once or twice a week I'll have a single can of regular coke if I really crave it, but that's about it.

I tried the grape flavor and tropical punch. Tropical punch tasted a little bit better, and yeah, you can feel yourself recovering while you're drinking it.

Problem is, we have too many beginners thinking they need a million different supplements at the same time, when in the very beginning, you just need maybe a good protein shake and just to eat enough and lift. Then maybe some creatine monohydrate a couple months down the line, but people just learning how to really train and get connected to their muscles don't need NO Xplode or White Flood or anything like that.
yep i agree

i been trainin serious since the age of 17 id say i didnt try creatine or preworkout stuff until the age of 21/22

before that was just food, whey and multi.

i wont lie i love herbs, supplements, nootropics, natural remedies

im big on supplement science, i should be workin at a vitamin shoppe pt time
laugh.gif

just today i picked up some Turmeric and L-Carnintine today.........

somebody ask me what for, i dare ya........but yea love this stuff.

i weighed in today at 205 lbs ( i wont even tell you guys how many carbs i took in from Bertucci's last night!), i look pretty damn huge, i been noticin alot of stares at the gym... more than usual. im gonna pick up some Vitargo for cutting, i def liked that sample.

btw pana you ever heard of Karbolyn?

vitargo seems real legit i might pick some up to try

tumeric = potent anti-inflammatory, cancer-preventative propertis, etc. but i don't know of any workout-related stuff about it.

sucralose i avoid, but aspartame is something everyone NEEDS to avoid

aspartame breaks down into natural residual components, including aspartic acid, phenylalanine, methanol, and further breakdown products includingformaldehyde, formic acid, and a diketopiperazine.

methanol and formaldehyde damage DNA and are toxic to the body

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Not to mention the crazy amount of strain you're putting on your kidneys.

There's is a reason why they tell older people to eat protein restricted diets. The kidneys have trouble digesting protein when one consumes too much.
not to mention that #%!@ costs money
smh.gif

if ima f' up my liver an kidneys i'd rather do it with alcohol
smokin.gif
That would explain why my piss was almost always dark when I was heavily relying on Protein in the summer. I've chilled to maybe about 1-1.5 scoops after workouts now, sometimes I don't even use it and my piss is clearer
I thought it was recommended to take only 1 scoop after workouts. How much were you taking?
Where is this 'recommendation' coming from? This is where the line gets blurry.....

There are some people who absolutely think whey protein powder is not necessary at all. Some who swear by it. Some who use it mildy.

There is no standard set in stone.
I mean if you actually buy the protein. That is what it says on the 100%ON whey products I have seen.

have there been any studies done on workouts and taking protein before or after?

Instead of mayo I put a runny sunny side egg on top of my dry tuna with bread
laugh.gif

another way to eat tuna would be with white rice but for that you're definitely gonna need mayo. Tastes dumb good though.

Originally Posted by wj4

There's is a reason why they tell older people to eat protein restricted diets. The kidneys have trouble digesting protein when one consumes too much.
smh.gif

smokin.gif
That would explain why my piss was almost always dark when I was heavily relying on Protein in the summer. I've chilled to maybe about 1-1.5 scoops after workouts now, sometimes I don't even use it and my piss is clearer
I thought it was recommended to take only 1 scoop after workouts. How much were you taking?
Where is this 'recommendation' coming from? This is where the line gets blurry.....

There are some people who absolutely think whey protein powder is not necessary at all. Some who swear by it. Some who use it mildy.

I mean if you actually buy the protein. That is what it says on the 100%ON whey products I have seen.

have there been any studies done on workouts and taking protein before or after?
Yes, and they contradict each other, just like any other studies. Some studies showed that the 'window' closes after 30-60 mins after awork out. While another shows that consuming the next morning yields the same result.

I've never taken 100% ON, but I've taken about 4-5 other brands and they all say something a long the line of 'take one scoop per x oz of water oryour favorite drink'.

Originally Posted by wj4

13974239.jpg

lot of salt
ohwell.gif

tuna without some kind of dressing is dry as hell
sick.gif
use honey mustard or relish

smh.gif

smokin.gif
you definitely need to drink more water. dark piss is no good for your kidneys.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Yeah, I've been trying to stay away from aspartame as much as I can. Used to drink too much diet coke, so I cut that out, now once or twice a week I'll have a single can of regular coke if I really crave it, but that's about it.

I tried the grape flavor and tropical punch. Tropical punch tasted a little bit better, and yeah, you can feel yourself recovering while you're drinking it.

Problem is, we have too many beginners thinking they need a million different supplements at the same time, when in the very beginning, you just need maybe a good protein shake and just to eat enough and lift. Then maybe some creatine monohydrate a couple months down the line, but people just learning how to really train and get connected to their muscles don't need NO Xplode or White Flood or anything like that.
yep i agree

i been trainin serious since the age of 17 id say i didnt try creatine or preworkout stuff until the age of 21/22

before that was just food, whey and multi.

i wont lie i love herbs, supplements, nootropics, natural remedies

im big on supplement science, i should be workin at a vitamin shoppe pt time
laugh.gif

just today i picked up some Turmeric and L-Carnintine today.........
i read a few things about turmeric before. the active ingredient is curcumin, and it affects biological processes all over the body... aidsdigestion, liver function, detox, prevents many diseases, inhibits inflammation

haven't heard anything about l-carnitine

Before is incredibly useless. Absolute waste of money. Never drink it before.

My diet was going perfect lose like 10 pounds in like 2 months, i mess up today, didnt eat the whole day and ate like a pie and half of dominos bk stlye pizzaa few min ago, ya think im good lol?

Originally Posted by BmoneyBagz

My diet was going perfect lose like 10 pounds in like 2 months, i mess up today, didnt eat the whole day and ate like a pie and half of dominos bk stlye pizza a few min ago, ya think im good lol?
Horrible. You shocked your body into starvation mode which actually retains fat and you flooded your body with crappy food.

Originally Posted by wj4

My diet was going perfect lose like 10 pounds in like 2 months, i mess up today, didnt eat the whole day and ate like a pie and half of dominos bk stlye pizza a few min ago, ya think im good lol?
Horrible. You shocked your body into starvation mode which actually retains fat and you flooded your body with crappy food.

It's not the end of the world.
laugh.gif

Nothing is going to happen to you. You didn't overdose or anything lol

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Arent some of the newer creatines better then the cheap mono ones, they dont you look bloated like they did before

def

creatine has def come along...

i for one believe in and take kre alkalyn as i stated before.

Never been a believer in creatine, but if it works for u then great but it wont work for everyone. For me 1 scoop of Isoflex after my workout and 1 scoop withmy dinner and MuiltV, thats all the supplements i have the rest is just natural protein. What kind of tuna do u guys suggest for people that really hate thetaste of tuna ( dont like the taste but i need to try it sometimes to mix up my meal plan)

hit another milestone last week. I inclined benched 120 dumbbells 6 times clean, need to get 9 clean before i move up but im proud i made it to 120. Ill sharewhen i hit 130. Now only if i could squat a good amount smh

Well he didnt eat anything all day and ate some junk food, so caloric wise he'd be probably over by how much not sure..

Ive just ate some rye bread with natty PB and tuna lol - different taste.. but it all goes in the same place. If your going to cheat, try cheat with healthyfoods in bigger portions or just use food that isnt fast food, but isn't too healthy either i.e. Nutella, sodium-esque foods etc..

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by wj4

smh.gif

smokin.gif

Yes, and they contradict each other, just like any other studies. Some studies showed that the 'window' closes after 30-60 mins after a work out. While another shows that consuming the next morning yields the same result.

I've never taken 100% ON, but I've taken about 4-5 other brands and they all say something a long the line of 'take one scoop per x oz of water or your favorite drink'.
hmmm that is interesting
so is that where people get the "drink one after a workout and one after you wake up in the morning" ideas?

Back
Top Bottom