STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Aw man I was pissed abt that too 
laugh.gif
. I know I had that w/o help smh 
You made me feel weak, I only got up to 455 beltless 
tired.gif

Last edited:
"Only" lol thats up there man. I just recently started using a belt more than usual lately, I'm so used to squatting w/o one. I was feeling good that morning for some reason too, first time hitting at least 500 in a year.  

"Only" lol thats up there man. I just recently started using a belt more than usual lately, I'm so used to squatting w/o one. I was feeling good that morning for some reason too, first time hitting at least 500 in a year.  
Well you didn't struggle much at all. This is my last week of my 4 week beltless cycle and it been pretty tough. Hopefully my core has gotten a little stronger.

Well you didn't struggle much at all. This is my last week of my 4 week beltless cycle and it been pretty tough. Hopefully my core has gotten a little stronger.
Yea you'll def feel a difference. When's your next meet?

Yea you'll def feel a difference. When's your next meet?
Im thinking June, the same one I did this past June. I want plenty of time so I can try to get 1500+

When you going to compete? Oly platform is calling your name...

Im thinking June, the same one I did this past June. I want plenty of time so I can try to get 1500+

When you going to compete? Oly platform is calling your name...
That'll be beast right there.

I'm dying to do a weightlifting competition man, my hand is still ******* up for some reason so I haven't cleaned in forever it seems smh, i'm going to finally see the dr soon.  Just trying to bring my snatch up now and I can finally ohs full depth comfortably, mobility work paying off haha.

The greatest advice I ever received in the lifting game... which has been extremely supportive in staying injury free over the years.

I had an opportunity to do some lifting in Venice Beach with some IFBB pro's... one of the most intelligent and well spoken was Bob Chicherillo.

"It's not how much you can lift.... it is how much you LOOK like you can lift."

Haven't looked back since... and neither has my chest!

That'll be beast right there.

I'm dying to do a weightlifting competition man, my hand is still ******* up for some reason so I haven't cleaned in forever it seems smh, i'm going to finally see the dr soon.  Just trying to bring my snatch up now and I can finally ohs full depth comfortably, mobility work paying off haha.
Do it man!

My boy just did one recently up in the BK and said he loved it. You're way stronger then him too.

I envy that kind of mobility lol my squat and DL would be way better if I just concentrated on mobility more.

Do it man!

My boy just did one recently up in the BK and said he loved it. You're way stronger then him too.

I envy that kind of mobility lol my squat and DL would be way better if I just concentrated on mobility more.
Had to force myself to do it at first and now I enjoy it a lot, even thinking abt visiting a yoga class weekly lol

Had to force myself to do it at first and now I enjoy it a lot, even thinking abt visiting a yoga class weekly lol
What do you do for hips? I know thats my weak link besides just overall quad/ham strength. 

What do you do for hips? I know thats my weak link besides just overall quad/ham strength. 
In my dynamic warm up I go through the a version of the "world's greatest stretch" for a few reps each leg, lying figure 4's, then I add some band stretches in like: 

And also just sit in a deep squat position with the band around my waist and hold it.  Follow that up with some deep tempo goblet squats and i'm good.

At home I try some things out in Supple Leopard and articles I see on tnation and jtsstrength like http://www.t-nation.com/training/break-up-those-hips-and-fix-that-squat

i dont need a week off but something going on, feels like my strength is down and zero energy in the gym, no stamina either

idk wth is going on :x

Go to a Mexican restaurant and just go ham.

i got my carbs up and food intake, its not that at all. not sure if its mental. i was going ham in the gym a few weeks back. i missed a week inbetween then since then just terrible, i dont know if its because i started playing basketball again too.

it could all just be mental

Trying to find the best way to fill my day with protein, no homo. I'm fairly skinny so not too worried about eating rice/pasta. 

I just got a bottle of this yesterday at Food 4 Less ($5),pretty much taste like chocolate milk, delicious.

it does use soymilk, but what I do is add 1-2 tablespoons of whey protein to a glass, and it's already 1g of protein per oz.. :smokin

works well since I mostly eat smaller meals through the day, it's a + on caloric intake

this brand also makes an excellent green juice

Last edited:
Someone asked me about Pre Jym. I don't recall who.......

Anyways very clean sustained energy. Great on endurance. Hit a PR on hack squats first day with it.
Just bought some. The price wasn't exactly prime but it looks like the best out there so figured why not.

Go to a Mexican restaurant and just go ham.
Take a week off and just eat well and a lot, don't drink or consume anything else bad for your recovery, and most importantly SLEEP a lot. It'll do wonders. If you're worried about losing gains, go in and do a basic lift halfway through the week hitting each body part once at like 70-80% normal weight for a few sets.

As a side note I always feel like things are way harder than they should be on deload weeks lol

Threw up 225 X 12 as a PR yesterday. I'm 5'10, 178. Finals about to throw my lifting schedule all the way off.

Back
Top Bottom