STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

@BIGBOSS  I only got 30 with 135. :\  I have done 40 before, I think.
That **** is tough aint it?
laugh.gif

Once you get up above 25 dat pump is intense

That stupid pump! Feels so good. For me it's a mental thing with light weight you can will yourself to keep pushing and I can't do that with heavy lifts. If it's too heavy it's too heavy there's no way I can psych myself up to push out more reps.

Do you guys think working traps assists in any other compound lifts?  Like maybe you can clean more?

speaking of such a question...where has Durden been?

It most certainly works on the grip strength needed to handle heavy weight.

When you handle 400,500,600+ pounds - 225 and 315 don't feel heavy in your hands anymore.

When I powerclean I feel confident with heavy weight because I know I've handled heavier.

Do you guys think working traps assists in any other compound lifts?  Like maybe you can clean more?

I do a lot of close and wide grip upright rows and I know for certain they have helped with other lifts and shrugging has done a ton for my grip strength.

A stronger upper back will always help the big 3. I do trap work solely for looks.

It will help build your grip strength just from holding the bar.

Hit a 15 pound PR on my 1 rm power clean today. The amount I cleaned is higher than my one rep hang clean and 90 percent of my one rep full clean.

It means I suck from the hang and I'm probably under pulling enough on my full cleans. Don't remember what the term for it is in weightlifting language - when you worry so much about getting underneath the bar that you forget to finish your pull. But that might be my problem.

Last edited:

Focusing on trap isolation work won't directly lead to bigger lifts, but like others of said increases in grip strength will most def help and you'll look yoked lol. I'd do whatever @bwood056  does for traps with this baseballs he has sitting on top of his shoulders lol.

Best things I do for trap work that helps with my lifts are snatch grip high pulls and clean pulls.  A few sets of those on separate days and you'll def notice a difference.

Snatch grip hill pulls +2

Best exercise for building that yoke

Behind the back // front barbell shrug Superset has done wonders for me too

Hit a 15 pound PR on my 1 rm power clean today. The amount I cleaned is higher than my one rep hang clean and 90 percent of my one rep full clean.

It means I suck from the hang and I'm probably under pulling enough on my full cleans. Don't remember what the term for it is in weightlifting language - when you worry so much about getting underneath the bar that you forget to finish your pull. But that might be my problem.
Eat more.

Finishing that pull is key man, gotta "get tall" every time.  Working some clean high pulls, and complex work with a clean high pull + a clean to focus on the finish might help. With hang cleans I'd say RDL's, RDL's and RDL's, and some jump work to really work on your countermovement strength since thats where I sense the problem is. 

Last edited:

Finishing that pull is key man, gotta "get tall" every time.  Working some clean high pulls, and complex work with a clean high pull + a clean to focus on the finish might help. With hang cleans I'd say RDL's, RDL's and RDL's, and some jump work to really work on your countermovement strength since thats where I sense the problem is. 

Word man. Thanks for the input.

Pete rubbish is one of the biggest clowns I've ever seen. He's one of those guys that thinks more drugs is a cure for bad genetics. He looks like absolute trash for the amount of gear he uses. I don't know anyone that cruises on 500mg of test him and boston lloyd bring irresponsible drug use to another level. Blasting and cruising and willingly destroying your endocrine system in your early twenties blows my mind.

I assume your bench isn't that great ?

Squats and deads are good.
I mean I've hit a dirty 405 in the gym, 380 in competition. I like more overhead stuff and so I don't take my bench as serious as others.

That **** is tough aint it?
laugh.gif

Once you get up above 25 dat pump is intense
I wanted to do a couple more sets but my triceps were not happy.

As for traps, deadlifts, shrugs (really heavy ones), kroc rows, and overhead shrugs are my favorite exercises. With traps it seems like more is better in terms of weight and reps. 

Someone say road map Tuesdays ?

I need to cut back down to this.

Starts now comrades.

Quoted for truth. Don't be that guy that says I'll start next week, or after Christmas.

You want it? You start now, the day you start doesn't matter so quit making excuses and digging yourself a bigger hole to come out of.

So crossfit you have to actually go on a schedule? What if you "dont like" the WOD's for that day? Or you skip Days and the days youre back your doing the same or similar workouts? Or what if you can only come at certain times, do you just start in the middle of workouts while everyone is halfway done? Im genuinely curious. Seems like an inconvenience.

The bread and butter of your clientele wants programming made for them. There are only a handful of people in this thread that know what they are doing, based in what they've posted. The large majority of people, DONT know what they are doing in the gym. When you are young and broke, the internet is your best friend, immerse yourself in knowledge. However, when you're older, it's an inconvenience that not a lot of people want to deal with it.

Everything is scalable or can be modified. Most gyms have strength components. You show up halfway through class, you wait for the next one. Some people chill, some people do mobility stuff.

There's a lot of cherry pickers out there, and that is ok. Workouts are usually posted a day before.

You're not going to get better by avoiding things you "don't like".

It's not for everyone.

What do you do for hips? I know thats my weak link besides just overall quad/ham strength. 

Try monster walks, get your hips nice and warm. Deep pause squats are also a favorite.

Pete rubbish is one of the biggest clowns I've ever seen. He's one of those guys that thinks more drugs is a cure for bad genetics. He looks like absolute trash for the amount of gear he uses. I don't know anyone that cruises on 500mg of test him and boston lloyd bring irresponsible drug use to another level. Blasting and cruising and willingly destroying your endocrine system in your early twenties blows my mind.
You are an idiot.

You think a 800+ pull is all gear? He is a ******* powerlifter, he doesn't give a **** what some random guy on the internet thinks of his physique
laugh.gif

You bigger than this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom