STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

So crossfit you have to actually go on a schedule? What if you "dont like" the WOD's for that day? Or you skip Days and the days youre back your doing the same or similar workouts? Or what if you can only come at certain times, do you just start in the middle of workouts while everyone is halfway done? Im genuinely curious. Seems like an inconvenience.

Every crossfit gym is different.

The one by me has classes from 5:15 am - 7:15 am, open gym from 7:15 - 8:15 am and then classes from 8:30-10:30 am

Then the gym closes and classes pick up again from 4-9:30pm

Most crossfits follow a similar schedule, but a NTer on this thread just talked about how his gym has open gym in the middle of the day. That'd be great.

If people don't like the workout for the day, they just skip it. But the people who run my crossfit are pretty relaxed about you coming in and doing in your own workout if there's room and you're not getting in the way. It's something I'd take advantage of if I had more time.

Last edited:
No, if I don't like it, I skip it.

3 times a week I come in and add some strength work before doing a class.

If I had more time I'd do more of my own programming. But I can't be at the gym for two hours most days.

So you skip it, meaning...?

Cause people are saying you cant go in there and do your own thing. So skip it meaning what? Go home? Wait til the "open box?"

Skip it, meaning I don't go to the gym. I'll just work out at home instead. They always post the WOD the night before so I know what's being planned the next day.

The people who run my gym have no problem with you doing your own routine if you're not getting in the way, but they do expect you to do whatever's planned for the day before you leave.

It's very rare that they post a workout I don't like anyway. It has to have like, no barbells involved. lol

Last edited:

Somehow got talked into seeing how many times I could hit 135 on bench after a full upper back session...

Hit it for a solid 50 and it was the worst/best pump ever 
laugh.gif

Never again. 

Someone in here go hit it for 100 and report back.
will try tomorrow. 

Somehow got talked into seeing how many times I could hit 135 on bench after a full upper back session...

Hit it for a solid 50 and it was the worst/best pump ever :lol:

Never again. 

Someone in here go hit it for 100 and report back.

Mike Rashid is that you?

Need to take a week off. Energy levels been low recently and feeling de-motivated :smh:

i dont need a week off but something going on, feels like my strength is down and zero energy in the gym, no stamina either

idk wth is going on :x

I was most impressed by the ease he did 225 (only cause I can relate to actually doing 225).

Dude threw it up like I would throw up the bar for a warm up stretch. 
sick.gif

Is this a PR or na? 
laugh.gif

Only bad part abt lifting heavy by yourself early... I need to get back in college 
tired.gif

Lol no homo

My brother is vegan and works out too... He frequents Adzuki beans, hemp powder/seeds, pumpkin seeds, seitan, tempeh, eggs (depending on what type vegan you are), spirulina, flax meal/seeds, pea protein, black rice, quinoa

Appreciate that! I'll have to hit up Trader Joes real soon

Back
Top Bottom