STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I second sprinting, got my mile down to 6:05 from 7:35 plus IMO it's way more fun than doing long runs.
^^ as for motivation Club you already know there's always new frontiers to conquer g, set some new goals for your physique/training
Also second not weighing yourself like Durden has said multiple times.
In fact a lot of this thread is dudes repeating the same advice over and over :lol:

been feeling uninspired lately. been feeling uninterested when i get into the gym. haven't had that fire.

what are some ways you guys get focused and motivated to hit the gym hard?

Appreciate that insight to those who responded.

and major props to the guy with the pics, keep up the good work fam. I need to quit the bs excuses

major props big van vader. how much weight did you lose?

also for anyone looking for a great digital scale i reccomend this one
Amazon product ASIN B001KXZ808
i literally bought about 4 or 5 and returned them all because of how off they were. they all had memory weight so if i weighed myself, held a pound or two in my hand it would say the same weight or would fluctuate ridiculous amounts.

the one i reccomended is made by a small company that stands by there product. any issues they will fix it. when i weighed my self, i held a 2.5 lb weight in my hand( that actually weighed 2.3 pounds according to my postal scale) and it registered a 2.4 increase. (most digital scales are .2 increments), it also does not have the extended memory weight where it would go back to my original weight if i held something a pound or less in my hand. (it would occassionaly be off by .2 and on the rare occassion be off by .4 but that may be an issue with my floor possibly)

it also comes with a body tape for free like the one below because they along with many others know weight is not the only indication of getting healthier.

tbh, having an accurate scale has been my biggest motivation in losing weight. alot of people say not to weigh every day but i do even if it shows no increase or decrease because when it does show something it pushes you harder the next day and helps you see what you couldve done wrong the day before.

Yeah I figured hard floors were more accurate.

I just started my new split today, it was tough but my body needs a change.

Whats your maintenance? You gotta be bulking with that many cals or it was a cheat day 

Sort of a cheat day but I need to tighten up. I need to limit myself to around 3.5-4k calories.

About to run out of myofusion, anybody got any good suggestions on other whey proteins, taste really doesn't matter since I make smoothies

ON like Zyzz said or Vitamin Shoppe has this Body Tech protein. It's like ~$52 for a 5 lb tub and it's 25g protein/scoop.

You guys need to stop weighing yourself. Its such an arbitrary number.

not sure i can agree with this. i think it's a good motivator for those who might not see the results in front of a mirror.

for those worried about scale accuracy, don't. as long as it's precise (gives you consistent results) then that's all you really need. keep your scale on a flat, hard, level surface (preferably the same spot every time you weight yourself). weigh yourself and use that as a baseline from there on.

When you're trying to lose weight, seeing the scale number drop by 1-2 lbs every week shows your hard work paid off. Of course, the mirror and the amount you lift at the gym does the same but a scale isn't necessarily useless.

What's the story with this:

Why so cheap, is it any good?

It's mostly whey concentrate rather than isolate if I'm not mistaken. Isolate protein is some of the best...I think only hydrolyzed beats it. I may be wrong though.

I saw this product in Walmart and bought it :smh:

I was skeptical about it...42g of protein in 3.8 oz. I came home, looked it up on bb.com and the main ingredient which is collagen protein is supposed to be the cheapest protein possible. Supposedly, it can't even be used for muscle building. Ima return it later on this week...2.48 for that is a Supreme bar and a half.

As for those Supreme bars...:pimp:

Caramel Nut Crunch was good, I bought Peanut Butter Crunch to try tomorrow. I don't know why you guys are paying over $3 for these Supreme bars though...they're less than $2 at Walmart for the 30g protein kind.

What's the best way to put on some weight if you're a vegetarian? I'm 5'6 120lbs got a mini gut that I wanna get rid of and pack on muscle. Was going to the gym during the summer but then got really really busy with school and didn't even have time to eat but now things have slowed down and I have time. When I was going I drank a protein shake everyday before and after I went to the gym and now that I stopped going all that protein is headed straight to my gut. I know what I have to do to get rid of it but being a vegetarian I don't get any protein which is what I need. Any advice besides drinking protein shakes all day?

This is what my usual day consists of...
Breakfast-Oatmeal and a banana
Lunch-Trail mix bar, banana, and...
Dinner-usually it's some sort of vegetable that cooked in an Indian way (I'm Indian btw) and brown rice.

Can somebody school me on nutrition. I be looking at these nutrition labels on my food and I'm confused. How do you know how much calories you're putting in your body? When I'm looking at the nutrition labels I see a percentage called the Daily Value what the heck is that? it says it's based off a 2,000 calorie diet. Also how do you know how much total/saturated fat you're putting in your body? do you just add up the fat(s) from all the food your eating. I'm trying to take this weight loss journey serious and need to better my knowledge.

Last edited:
I had a "zero calorie" Vitamin Water yesterday.. Looked at the back and it had 4g of carbs. 1 carb = 4 calories so how can this be zero calorie? Should have been 16 lol

Not a big deal i was just wondering :nerd:

Looking to get really ripped

however Im not really strong right now

do you bulk up first or cut first?

IF you bulk, anyone got a 2 month bulking plan?

Facts

I'm 220

I had a "zero calorie" Vitamin Water yesterday.. Looked at the back and it had 4g of carbs. 1 carb = 4 calories so how can this be zero calorie? Should have been 16 lol

I think it's just a loophole in FDA food labeling. If a serving is under a certain amount of calories they can classify it as a 0 calories. For instance, Pam Spray is supposedly "0 calories" but if you read the back that only applies to a 1/4 second spray. Many people use way more than a 1/4 spray. IIRC, a one second spray is equivalent to 9 calories (~1g fat). Walden Farms sauces are supposedly zero calories too but if you read the label closely it still says it is a low calorie food meaning it still has some caloric value to it.

Looking to get really ripped

however Im not really strong right now

do you bulk up first or cut first?

IF you bulk, anyone got a 2 month bulking plan?

Facts

I'm 220
If you have high body fat then I would say cut first and get a good lifting schedule down, then when your at a happy body fat start a slow clean bulk with minimal fat gains. Bodybuilding.com forums are your best friend when it comes to cutting/bulking.
Can somebody school me on nutrition. I be looking at these nutrition labels on my food and I'm confused. How do you know how much calories you're putting in your body? When I'm looking at the nutrition labels I see a percentage called the Daily Value what the heck is that? it says it's based off a 2,000 calorie diet. Also how do you know how much total/saturated fat you're putting in your body? do you just add up the fat(s) from all the food your eating. I'm trying to take this weight loss journey serious and need to better my knowledge.
Just pay attention to the serving size. Measure and weigh everything out, and if there is no info for a particular piece of food like a raw sweet potato, just google it and it will tell you plenty of sites that have info for all foods. A digital food scale is your best friend when it comes to eating right, it has worked wonders for me.

I know you shouldn't work out everyday, and you should take a day in between works out, but the 3.5 weeks Ive been going 6 days a week, and have seen noticeable gains, particular in my chest.

Its pretty awesome to see such gains using free weights compare to the machine. I've been doing chest machines for months, never noticed much gains, and I didn't even touch free weights (I guess intimidated or just too damn packed in that area), BUT a bro of mines told me to hit those frees. I took the thread advice and Ive cut down on the machine use and upped my weight count a bit, thanks NT.

Last edited:
I know you shouldn't work out everyday, and you should take a day in between works out, but the 3.5 weeks Ive been going 6 days a week, and have seen noticeable gains, particular in my chest.

Its pretty awesome to see such gains using free weights compare to the machine. I've been doing chest machines for months, never noticed much gains, and I didn't even touch free weights (I guess intimidated or just too damn packed in that area), BUT a bro of mines told me to hit those frees. I took the thread advice and Ive cut down on the machine use and upped my weight count a bit, thanks NT.

Yeah man, I dont even use machines. Funny when I see guys skip free weights bench for like Chest press machines

Yeah man, I dont even use machines. Funny when I see guys skip free weights bench for like Chest press machines

Machines are great if you tweak like a shoulder or something and you want to isolate another muscle/area and take stress off of that tweaked muscle

Last edited:
currently doing 25 reps for every exercise, moderate weight, really hopiong to see great gains in my lifts after this when i go back to doing 8-12 reps. Decided to change it up cause my body was really fatigued after months and months of heavy lifting.

They could've maybe used something like Sugar Alcohol. It has about half or a third less calories than regular carbs.

Last edited:
DLed 225 for reps today :D

4 lbs less than my body weight. Gotta get it higher. My grip was slipping already though :x

DLed 225 for reps today :D

4 lbs less than my body weight. Gotta get it higher. My grip was slipping already though :x

Good work! And there is no shame in using wrist straps for deadlifts, especially if your gym doesn't let you use chalk like mine.

Don't pay much attention to the daily value %.

Go by serving size and add up calories, the amount of fat, protein, and carbs (in grams) 

Back
Top Bottom