STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Work on your upper body, and do core excercises that don't involve knee movement. Focus all that negative energy into finding workouts that fit your current physical condition. Don't let a minor obstacle deter you from your goals.

Want an easy way to get cardio in your situation, it's easy, start swimming.

exactly. I'm 24 and bout to have hip surgery next month. I'm not letting that stop me right now though. Tho i cant go run anymore, i hit the tread mill up and can do a walking up an incline from 9% to max (15%) for 30-45 min as thats all i can do before i start to get pain in my hip. as well as lifting upper body.

Last edited:
exactly. I'm 24 and bout to have hip surgery next month. I'm not letting that stop me right now though. Tho i cant go run anymore, i hit the tread mill up and can do a walking up an incline from 9% to max (15%) for 30-45 min as thats all i can do before i start to get pain in my hip. as well as lifting upper body.

yea, just had my BF ask if I can hop on a guest pass on his LA fitness membership :lol: I'mma have to start going to the gym to use those machines/pool so I can still do my cardio. No hills around me really to get a natural incline walk thing. I'm going to ask the doctor about biking and if it's ok if I do that... hopefully it will be .

What happened to your hip? If you don't mind me asking.

What happened to your hip? If you don't mind me asking.

I have a tear in my hip labrum as well as a bone spur growing off my hip bone that has to be taken off. and they are gonna try to take away some of the arthritis out of my hip that i've started to get. gonna be outta work possibly 6-8 weeks, on crutches 3-6 weeks, and fully recovery they said will be 3-6 months. Basically my winter is shot.

Last edited:
Find some good shows to watch on tv, cook all your meals for the week, **** go wash your car. I told myself the only way Im giving in is if its for some nannie, **** I look like passing up some pink for NT 
laugh.gif

can dude change his avy?

srs thought it was dirty

just like the dude jocking my avy and people thinking its me :stoneface: SMH

Yupp... and the elevated heel is only useful if you dont have the mobility/mechanics to perform the movement properly. If you need the heel, theres an issue that should be corrected.

Tell that to the people squatting 6,7,800 pounds in elevated heels. No shots...

And tell that to the people who can squat heavy weight in non-elevated heels.....

And for the record, massive weights can still be moved from a compromised position.

Yupp... and the elevated heel is only useful if you dont have the mobility/mechanics to perform the movement properly. If you need the heel, theres an issue that should be corrected.

Damn all those Olympic weighlifters that rock these type of shoes on the regular. :lol:

As for the advice, thanks but not thanks.

Glad to say that my movement/mobility/mechanics are on point regardless of footwear.

Olympic lifting is very different than powerlifting movements, and I said that if you need the heel theres a mobility/mechanic. Just because these athletes perform these movements at the highest level of competition with these shoes doesnt mean that they cant do the movement without it.

Another NT special... using elite level athletes for their comparison. And ill say it again, olympic lifts (cleans, snatches, clean and jerk) are very different movements compared to squats and deadlifts.

went to GNC to buy some psyllium husk powder and copped these I killed a strawberry cheesecake quest and a PBJ of the supreme bar earlier today. I`m not understanding the Quest hype still lol

and what would a Chest and back day be without a Lucky Luchiano selfie.

come at me

Last edited:
did you microwave the cookie dough bar? it's like eating real cookie dough imo.

anyone like to do cuban presses? i'm going to add them to one of my push days. any specific tips or warnings before i start doing them on a regular basis?

and good looks on the adding the egg to the turkey patty. made em from the ground turkey and not the frozen premade ones. added some italian herbs and they came out pretty good. macros are great. guess that's gonna go into my rotation as i try to get more protein from whole foods vs powders.

Last edited:
Anyone have any good routines for a beginner? I feel like I just go and do random machines to work out everything, which obviously is counterproductive/disorganized

Thanks
I'm not as hardcore as the other dudes here. I do cardio for around 20 mins. I love to run so I stick to that. I switch from running at a slow speed, about 8.5 MPH to HIIT the next day. I'd try to run steadily first and increase my performance as time goes on.

I group muscles into primary and secondary, ie one day is back and biceps, the next is triceps and chest, next is legs and shoulders. Since you're starting fresh, see if you can do 3 times a week and go from there. It was hard for me at first especially when I was fat in college. I would be messing with random machines and not focusing. Once you start getting into it, it becomes really fun.

More importantly it's all about your diet. Work on that the most.

went to GNC to buy some psyllium husk powder and copped these I killed a strawberry cheesecake quest and a PBJ of the supreme bar earlier today. I`m not understanding the Quest hype still lol

and what would a Chest and back day be without a Lucky Luchiano selfie.

come at me
GJDM. I know you keep yor caloric intake low but just curious how many grams of that is protein?

Since you're starting fresh, see if you can do 3 times a week and go from there. It was hard for me at first especially when I was fat in college. I would be messing with random machines and not focusing. Once you start getting into it, it becomes really fun.
Good advice. Whatever you do, stick with it and force yourself to go consistently for a month. After a month or so, it just becomes part of your schedule that you can't imagine skipping. I've taken this week off to focus on the job search and try to regain the motivation to push it to my limits in the gym, and after a few days I'm already itching to get back. Just make sure you don't undervalue getting a couple of rest days each week starting out. Otherwise you'll just feel the pain and soreness and be scared about continuing to go.

Last edited:
You generalized first tho.
Exactly, and I guess we are just going to have to disagree on this because I can use Jonnie Candito as an example for a strong average guy, squats 500, who has great form and uses an elevated heel type shoe. Heavy weights cant be squatted with too bad of form, its not like a deadlift where you can get away with a rounded back for one rep. If you do that with a **** ton of weight on your back you wont be making it out of the hole period. I honestly dont know of anyone that squats heavy barefoot, chucks and heels are all I see.

As far as being sarcastic about elite level comparisons, just because you have a bunch of degrees doesnt mean you know anything about actually performing the movements in the gym. Making that big of a statement when theres no evidence to back it up is kind of dumb. Im not sure how you train but Im willing to be if you put on a pair of Romaleos or something similar it would change your opinion.

Last edited:
Just ordered a case of Fudge Brownie QUEST bars. Easiest protein bars to eat. Taste like brownie batter, while maintaining a very good nutritional profile.

Welp, after a few weeks of vacationing, time to get back on the grind. Gonna hit double days a few times a week to jump start. 

Welp, after a few weeks of vacationing, time to get back on the grind. Gonna hit double days a few times a week to jump start. 

Double days with lifting?

If so please don't. That's the worst u can do. Better off going 4 days straight.

Better juicing if you hitting double days

I'd die in a week with how hard I lift, don't see how it's possible

Back
Top Bottom