STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Yupp... and the elevated heel is only useful if you dont have the mobility/mechanics to perform the movement properly. If you need the heel, theres an issue that should be corrected.

Damn all those Olympic weighlifters that rock these type of shoes on the regular. :lol:

As for the advice, thanks but not thanks.

Glad to say that my movement/mobility/mechanics are on point regardless of footwear.

Damn all those Olympic weighlifters that rock these type of shoes on the regular.
laugh.gif

As for the advice, thanks but not thanks.

Glad to say that my movement/mobility/mechanics are on point regardless of footwear.
Exactly, I can see how doing deadlifts barefoot/chucks works but for squats and olympic lifts give me a shoe thats made for that style of training. 

I actually had a chiropractor walk up to me in the gym when I was going barefoot to DL and he told me it was bad for the arch/soles of my feet. Not sure how much truth there is to that though...

Last edited:
Yupp... and the elevated heel is only useful if you dont have the mobility/mechanics to perform the movement properly. If you need the heel, theres an issue that should be corrected.

Tell that to the people squatting 6,7,800 pounds in elevated heels. No shots...
Well, that's the thing, it's 6,7,800

Not 275-390, those are impressive numbers, but not comparable to those ridic weights IMO

Not 275-390, those are impressive numbers, but not comparable to those ridic weights IMO
Kinda confused where your getting those numbers from? But it doesnt matter the weight, elevated heel has its advantages for any weight, not because you cant perform the lift properly. 

The only thing I hate about the start of this time of year is the damn allergies. Doesn't matter if I get a full night's sleep my eyes always feel tired and itchy in the morning. Felt weak as hell on chest day. :smh:

Squat and DL in Chucks crew...the grounds too dirty to be shoeless bros
Yep. I get a shoe with a flat sole or close to it. Straight raw...not tryin to catch something. :lol:

Kinda confused where your getting those numbers from? But it doesnt matter the weight, elevated heel has its advantages for any weight, not because you cant perform the lift properly. 
It seems like everyone posting is squatting in the 275-390 range, and fasho

It seems like everyone posting is squatting in the 275-390 range, and fasho
Ohh gotcha, yeah besides a couple, I know SuperJJ is squatting heavy and Stunna along with dude that used to be massive that has posted using the bamboo bar type thing.

i mean not like barefoot barefoot, i wear socks, but i feel you. if the floor was trifling I wouldn't do it. It's pretty clean where I go, they sweep and mop daily. I definitely feel more activation in my feet, ankles and calves with no shoes.

I just like the feel of no shoes, when I do those exercises. Doesn't work with everything though imo. Power cleans and whatnot, I need shoes for the traction.

I hate being barefoot, even socks don't do enough unless the floor is carpeted

Prolly why I hate chucks, vans, shoes with pretty much no cushioning tech

I've seen guys go barefoot in the gym, idk how y'all do it

I did the socks for Deadlift and while it felt good my feet were sweaty as heck. And I prefer the heels of my Do wins for squats for some reason when I'm not wearing them I end up using my tippy toes for squats.

Got a great session in today, went ham on pause squats, did 15x3 with 60 sec rest in between, then ended with some pressing, got up to 165 

FELT GREAT 
smokin.gif

If anyone has a little free time, feel free to chime in.

I'm trying to dunk a basketball. I am 5'10, 26 years old, and lift regularly.

Any workout advice you guys have, shoot. Already doing box jumps, squats, deadlifts, a few other exercises. But as this is one of the only threads where people with actual intelligence post on this board, I figured I'd throw this in there.

For reference, I used to be able to grab the rim pretty effortlessly in high school, and last week, I was able to put about half of my hand on it.

Thanks, NT.

Work on your upper body, and do core excercises that don't involve knee movement. Focus all that negative energy into finding workouts that fit your current physical condition. Don't let a minor obstacle deter you from your goals.

Want an easy way to get cardio in your situation, it's easy, start swimming.

Work on your upper body, and do core excercises that don't involve knee movement. Focus all that negative energy into finding workouts that fit your current physical condition. Don't let a minor obstacle deter you from your goals.

Want an easy way to get cardio in your situation, it's easy, start swimming.

..... I guess I'll have to finally break down and join a gym; I'm a teacher but I don't know anybody who works at the high school or else I'd use their pool. Maybe I'll ask, we also have a middle school right by us. Swimming never even crossed my mind.

Man good lookin' out, you always post helpful/positive vibes :pimp: :pimp:

If anyone has a little free time, feel free to chime in.

I'm trying to dunk a basketball. I am 5'10, 26 years old, and lift regularly.

Any workout advice you guys have, shoot. Already doing box jumps, squats, deadlifts, a few other exercises. But as this is one of the only threads where people with actual intelligence post on this board, I figured I'd throw this in there.

For reference, I used to be able to grab the rim pretty effortlessly in high school, and last week, I was able to put about half of my hand on it.

Thanks, NT.

Keep squatting and keep going up in weight and you will be jumping out the gym.
and keep jumping and do spints.

Back
Top Bottom