STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Wish I could just cut out alcohol to capitalize my gains, but I don't see that happening anytime soon :rolleyes

You ain't lying dog, I go out a lot and I always wonder if I would be even better off without drinking even though I'm still making great gains.

All you guys have to do is switch to whiskey and let the beer go. Theres only 70 cals in it, no carbonation and it tastes great. Scotch n bourbon. Not to mention it acts as a diuretic so when you stop...you'll look dry as **** and lean. Lots of contest guys drink it. Of course there's the risk of dehydration, and in no way am I telling you not to rehydrate just to look peeled.

Last edited:
All you guys have to do is sweat to whiskey and let the beer go. Theres only 70 cals in it, no carbonation and it tastes great. Scotch n bourbon. Not to mention it acts as a diuretic so when you stop...you'll look dry as **** and lean. Lots of contest guys drink it. Of course there's the risk of dehydration, and in no way am I telling you not to rehydrate just to look peeled.

I see, I don't even drink beer, I'm mostly a vodka/cognac/champagne guy but my girl recently started turning me on whiskey and its been nice.

You generalized first tho.

Exactly, and I guess we are just going to have to disagree on this because I can use Jonnie Candito as an example for a strong average guy, squats 500, who has great form and uses an elevated heel type shoe. Heavy weights cant be squatted with too bad of form, its not like a deadlift where you can get away with a rounded back for one rep. If you do that with a **** ton of weight on your back you wont be making it out of the hole period. I honestly dont know of anyone that squats heavy barefoot, chucks and heels are all I see.

As far as being sarcastic about elite level comparisons, just because you have a bunch of degrees doesnt mean you know anything about actually performing the movements in the gym. Making that big of a statement when theres no evidence to back it up is kind of dumb. Im not sure how you train but Im willing to be if you put on a pair of Romaleos or something similar it would change your opinion.

I guess I did a poor job of communicating my point.

Was I supposed to be specific? Arent a lot of the things posted in here generalized?

Im not saying that everyone who uses an elevated heel has poor mobility/mechanics. Im saying that if you need an elevated heel to get full depth or better ROM then theres an underlying issue that should be resolved first. If you can already get to full depth without having your lumbar spine go into extension or without your knees absorbing the majority of the force then adding an elevated heel isnt an issue.

Just out of curiousity, how would you know what movements I can or can not perform inside of a gym? Also, the statement I made wasnt that big and didnt need "evidence". Maybe I didnt get across the message I wanted to because I dont see where the massive disagreement comes from.

An elevated heel is a tool, an aide. If its a crutch, the problem needs to be fixed.

I guess I did a poor job of communicating my point.

Was I supposed to be specific? Arent a lot of the things posted in here generalized?

Im not saying that everyone who uses an elevated heel has poor mobility/mechanics. Im saying that if you need an elevated heel to get full depth or better ROM then theres an underlying issue that should be resolved first. If you can already get to full depth without having your lumbar spine go into extension or without your knees absorbing the majority of the force then adding an elevated heel isnt an issue.

Just out of curiousity, how would you know what movements I can or can not perform inside of a gym? Also, the statement I made wasnt that big and didnt need "evidence". Maybe I didnt get across the message I wanted to because I dont see where the massive disagreement comes from.

An elevated heel is a tool, an aide. If its a crutch, the problem needs to be fixed.
I see a bench shirt as a aide, lifting straps an aide, a elevated heel isnt going to make you be able to lift heavier weights.

Your original statement made it seem like if you use an elevated heel then you must not be able to perform the lift without it, which would be a blanket statement without any facts to back it up.

I don't know what you can do in the gym, I just know a lot of your opinions are based on science, which I agree with you a lot, but acting like a type of shoe can somewhat say something about ones mobility/mechanics is incorrect. 

No big deal, agree to disagree.

welp.. im on that bulk... gon eat and eat..... but keep it clean. Pop tarts my only cheat.

i forgto how hard it was to gain weight.. i gotta eat..

than im cut april.... or may.

lets goooooooooo

felt good. Put up 315 on deadlift for 5 reps @ 151 lbs. 5'7.... perfect form. :nthat: Going to try 335 Next friday... 

Last edited:
see a bench shirt as a aide, lifting straps an aide, a elevated heel isnt going to make you be able to lift heavier weights.

Your original statement made it seem like if you use an elevated heel then you must not be able to perform the lift without it, which would be a blanket statement without any facts to back it up.

I don't know what you can do in the gym, I just know a lot of your opinions are based on science, which I agree with you a lot, but acting like a type of shoe can somewhat say something about ones mobility/mechanics is incorrect.

No big deal, agree to disagree.

Why do we have to agree to disagree? Cant there be a legitimate discussion on the hows/whys?

Ok, I definitely agree that bench shirts and lifting straps are aides but if an elevated heel isnt going to make you lift heavier weights then what does it do?

The elevated heel puts your shins on an incline, altering the knee and hip mechanics allowing someone to get into a deeper position without putting more stress on the posterior muscles. If you can get deeper, youre going to recruit more muscle fibers/groups to move the weight. More muscles recruited means more weight can be lifted. If a bench shirt or lifting straps are used to assist in the movement of more weight, wouldnt an elevated heel also be considered an aide?

Maybe my posts make it seem as though Im against lifting shoes. I have nothing against lifting shoes. I was just trying to say that someone should be able to adequately move/lift weight in a non elevated heel. If that person also wants to use the shoes, then go right ahead.

It is a message board board about shoes, so I get it.

Why do we have to agree to disagree? Cant there be a legitimate discussion on the hows/whys?

Ok, I definitely agree that bench shirts and lifting straps are aides but if an elevated heel isnt going to make you lift heavier weights then what does it do?

The elevated heel puts your shins on an incline, altering the knee and hip mechanics allowing someone to get into a deeper position without putting more stress on the posterior muscles. If you can get deeper, youre going to recruit more muscle fibers/groups to move the weight. More muscles recruited means more weight can be lifted. If a bench shirt or lifting straps are used to assist in the movement of more weight, wouldnt an elevated heel also be considered an aide?

Maybe my posts make it seem as though Im against lifting shoes. I have nothing against lifting shoes. I was just trying to say that someone should be able to adequately move/lift weight in a non elevated heel. If that person also wants to use the shoes, then go right ahead.

It is a message board board about shoes, so I get it.
I use the Romaleos because they are heavier and provide a more stable base for me while squatting then a pair of chucks. The fact they have an elevated heel is a plus but I dont feel that it gives any direct advantage to lifting more weight. I know for a fact I could take them off and still squat the same weight but I dont have a reason to do that.

Have you ever lifted in a pair? I just feel like whatever makes you more comfortable when performing a lift is whats best.

If you don't deadlift and it's not because of injury then you're really out the loop

Gets no better than lifting heavy *** weight off of the ground, it's truly a man's lift.

:lol:

er'body ask if that's the real zyzz like every couple of pages ; we need to put that info on the fist page with all the other important info about health.

I don't deadlift, because I have an injured tailbone. I'm not even supposed to Squat and I'm constantly hitting 1.5-2.5x my body weight.

If I didn't have this injury, I'd be a lot happier. Deadlift is my favorite exercise...

Back
Top Bottom