STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I can rely on experience to 100% disagree. When I first started vert training in high school I couldn't touch rim (I'm 6'0), by the start of college I was able to dunk off vert and easily off drop step and any type of approach, in games even. At my most athletic I could windmill, 2 hands, either hand either foot, lots of good **** that even NBA pg's aren't doing at that height and while still being slightly overweight. Now I'm extremely overweight and comparatively sedentary and can't dream of any of that ****, but I definitely didn't have any genetic predisposition to being athletic, MUCH the opposite in fact.
What did you do? I can't even dream of dunking in games :smh:

^please tell us what you did brah..6'2 and can barely dunk
mean.gif

EDIT: can someone put me on to a good core strengthening program? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Destroyed my legs... I'm afraid to wake up tomorrow.

I prefer the 5x5 method for Squats. I'm able to keep good form since the reps are lower.

I can rely on experience to 100% disagree. When I first started vert training in high school I couldn't touch rim (I'm 6'0), by the start of college I was able to dunk off vert and easily off drop step and any type of approach, in games even. At my most athletic I could windmill, 2 hands, either hand either foot, lots of good **** that even NBA pg's aren't doing at that height and while still being slightly overweight. Now I'm extremely overweight and comparatively sedentary and can't dream of any of that ****, but I definitely didn't have any genetic predisposition to being athletic, MUCH the opposite in fact.
Man in high school I cared about dunking more than girls. I bought all types od equipment; calf isolator, squat flex, built some plyo boxes, and training programs Mad Bounce 2, Scott's Creations, And Jump for STS (google them, wya back then some were scanned online free).

The exercise I liked best that worked for me, because it made me jump high but also get off the ground quicker than everyone else was all the box jumps, depth jumps where you jump off the box, land, and immediately spring back up; doing that with 1 leg (shorter box height), Jump for STS had variations where you'd land and jump at cutting angles sometimes more than 1 jump so it was like agility training with it, flying step ups are good for 1 legged jumping, bulgarian squats and squat jumps, and knee tuck jumps were probably my favorite few explosive plyos. I

Man in high school I cared about dunking more than girls. I bought all types od equipment; calf isolator, squat flex, built some plyo boxes, and training programs Mad Bounce 2, Scott's Creations, And Jump for STS (google them, wya back then some were scanned online free).

The exercise I liked best that worked for me, because it made me jump high but also get off the ground quicker than everyone else was all the box jumps, depth jumps where you jump off the box, land, and immediately spring back up; doing that with 1 leg (shorter box height), Jump for STS had variations where you'd land and jump at cutting angles sometimes more than 1 jump so it was like agility training with it, flying step ups are good for 1 legged jumping, bulgarian squats and squat jumps, and knee tuck jumps were probably my favorite few explosive plyos. I
I appreciate that man. Repped

What's crazy about the 70s era is that their look back then is basically the "pyshique" look now.

I much rather prefer the look back then versus now.

watched that video a couple of times and always has me rolling
like what the heck is that dude trying to do, man if i see someone doing that around me im going to put a stop to it.
someone could get hurt because of his monkeying around

bro.... :rofl:

what was my man trying to do!!!!!!??....someone should have stopped him, these machines are not toys...lol

damn, its so many pictures of the Governator lookin foolay lmao

cant blame him doe, would be in the same pic, same position, same face, but with a hard one

bro....
roll.gif

what was my man trying to do!!!!!!??....someone should have stopped him, these machines are not toys...lol
watched that video a couple of times and always has me rolling
like what the heck is that dude trying to do, man if i see someone doing that around me im going to put a stop to it.
someone could get hurt because of his monkeying around
i know it is funny but these points are most important

No problem. You can implement some of those along with the lifting I assume you are already doing. I just bought some lumber to build a plyo box, an 18 by 24 by 30 from Lowe's and had them cut it, the 3/4 inch birch 4 x 8ft + 2 inch deck screws + wood glue is about 60 bucks, compared to a 30, 24, and 18 inch box seperately would probably run over $200. I have to get back into it and get my hops back.
http://www.health-bent.com/blog/how-to-make-a-crossfit-plyometric-box

Last edited:
What did you do? I can't even dream of dunking in games
mean.gif

No problem. You can implement some of those along with the lifting I assume you are already doing. I just bought some lumber to build a plyo box, an 18 by 24 by 30 from Lowe's and had them cut it, the 3/4 inch birch 4 x 8ft + 2 inch deck screws + wood glue is about 60 bucks, compared to a 30, 24, and 18 inch box seperately would probably run over $200. I have to get back into it and get my hops back.
http://www.health-bent.com/blog/how-to-make-a-crossfit-plyometric-box
put me on too, i can already dunk, but its like only after ive warmed up, was never able to windmill (even tho i think that has to do with how fast you can move your arms) but adding more inches to my bounce wont hurt so thanks for sharing

Not sure if this was posted here but this is Evan Mathis, Guard for the Eagles

if vid doesnt work heres the link

Funny enough out of all those free agents we signed that summer.. He's the only one that was worth it and he was an after thought

Back
Top Bottom