STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Yeah I still have a bunch of scar tissue that pops all the time. I try to play ball a lot and work on cutting so it gets used to it more. Rainy days is when mine aches for some reason lol

that cellucor looks so tempting but i just bought 2 2lbs of Gold Standard whey for bogo.
frown.gif
Ewwwwwwww

ON is so disgusting. Idk how im gon finish this cookies and cream tub.. got like 4 scoops left. With 3 2lb Tubs of Cellucor.
just ordered the cinnamon swirl, too bad its on backorder

mean.gif
happy.gif

What??

Man anybody under 6 foot let alone fking 5'7 dunking is impressive. I don't care how it looks as long as it gets done.

AND he's WHITE, word to lucky 
tongue.gif
He cant dunk. He can grab rim though.  Unless you wanna show me vid of him dunking. I wont believe it.
With this protein, do you just use water and shake it up or actually make a protein shake with milk, pb, etc?
Yeah.. Cellucor taste amazing in water. Taste like you already added milk. Compared to ON it taste like u drinking watered down protein. Just nasty.

decided to go with my patella tendon as the replacement for my ligaments.

it was complete rupture of both tendons - not a simple strand holding on :smh:

i still have that problem as well.

i focused more so on speed/agility/explosiveness over heavy weight bearing leg exercises.

i never really have any problems with it, only time is when it is really cold (tightens up).

i live in FL, so i don't have to worry about that too much lol

Yep same surgery I had. I have that same approach to my workouts but squats are the only thing I enjoy going heavy on. And that McGahee injury was gruesome, I feel for u lol. Mine was just going for a pick and getting pulled down by the wr mid air and landing with a little buckle.

Hope you're not judging videos of when these guys are training or just came off the stage from posing?
Its alot of weight to be carrying around. And your body uses more oxygen as a 300lb bodybuilder compared to a 300lb fat person.

Just watch an interview where dudes are just sitting down at home talking, they sound liek they are losing their breath sometimes.

Really?

Gotta ask...can you dunk?

I bet over half the dudes in here over 6ft can't even dunk and if they can it wont be any better then what JC did in that vid. Dont hate bro.

Really?

Gotta ask...can you dunk?

I bet over half the dudes in here over 6ft can't even dunk and if they can it wont be any better then what JC did in that vid. Dont hate bro.

I've seen short dudes dunk, and that kid can barely dunk

This is dunking, Aquille Carr 5'6

But kid seems to be above avg athletically though, won't take it away from him, but he isn't gonna dunk in a game from what I saw in that vid.

I've seen short dudes dunk, and that kid can barely dunk

This is dunking, Aquille Carr 5'6

But kid seems to be above avg athletically though, won't take it away from him, but he isn't gonna dunk in a game from what I saw in that vid.

Yea but i bet dude in that video can't deadlift and squat over 500lbs as well.

Last edited:
Yea but i bet dude in that video can't deadlift and squat over 500lbs as well.

strength doesn't define athleticism.

IMO Speed and Agility > Strength when it comes to being an athlete. You can train to become strong, cant coach speed. Not sure why deadlifiting is even being brought up when the subject is dunking.

you know i was gonna say something about dunk with all these videos were posted.

im not gonna start a war :lol:

a white kid, who doesnt play ball and just lifts especially throws up big numbers on the squat and is experienced. that was def a dunk and pretty good

stop the hate and lets understand some things

IMO Speed and Agility > Strength when it comes to being an athlete. You can train to become strong, cant coach speed. Not sure why deadlifiting is even being brought up when the subject is dunking.

because we were talking about a strength athlete that can dunk and not a basketball player that can dunk.

Last edited:

Speed and power are a function of strength. The stronger you are, the more potential for speed that you have. This is why olympic weightlifters are some of the most powerful (rate of force production) athletes out there. They have higher average vertical jumps than most athletes, even basketball players. They are also faster than sprinters, on average, at very short distances (less than 30m), because of their high levels of both maximal strength(lots of squats) and power production(clean, jerk, snatch derivatives).

The deadlift strengthens the posterior chain, which contributes over 65% of the force in a vertical jump. Only training the deadlift won't make you dunk a basketball, but it is an important movement pattern and piece to the puzzle for optimal development of lower body strength and power. This is why sprinters and other athletes use deadlifts regularly in their strength and conditioning programs.

Speed and power are a function of strength. The stronger you are, the more potential for speed that you have. This is why olympic weightlifters are some of the most powerful (rate of force production) athletes out there. They have higher average vertical jumps than most athletes, even basketball players. They are also faster than sprinters, on average, at very short distances (less than 30m), because of their high levels of both maximal strength(lots of squats) and power production(clean, jerk, snatch derivatives).

The deadlift strengthens the posterior chain, which contributes over 65% of the force in a vertical jump. Only training the deadlift won't make you dunk a basketball, but it is an important movement pattern and piece to the puzzle for optimal development of lower body strength and power. This is why sprinters and other athletes use deadlifts regularly in their strength and conditioning programs.

Weight room improves abilities you already had. I can bet kid was at least touching rim prior and his weight training helped that. There are tons of freak athletes who are weak as dirt, I don't think strength training Will make you a freak athlete. And I doubt there's any Olympic lifters more athletic than a football or basket ball player that wasn't a former ball player or already had crazy athletic ability.

Do you guys make your own music mix or what kind of stuff do you listen to? I remember a member posting his own 20 or so min long mixes and they were good for several weeks.

Weight room improves abilities you already had. I can bet kid was at least touching rim prior and his weight training helped that. There are tons of freak athletes who are weak as dirt, I don't think strength training Will make you a freak athlete. And I doubt there's any Olympic lifters more athletic than a football or basket ball player that wasn't a former ball player or already had crazy athletic ability.

Are you suggesting that you can't get someone to be able to dunk with training, unless they were touching rim beforehand? If so, I have to disagree. Sure, there are people with better genetic attributes for power development, I never denied that. Imagine if they used a smarter training program...

Of course strength training will not make you a champion athlete on its own. I never said that it would, but it does transfer to many basic activities in most sports (running, jumping, swings, etc.). Obviously you can't ignore the need for a massive amount of practice with other skills to succeed in a sport. You will never make it to the NBA if you can't shoot a ball well or play defense, both of which require lots of practice in basketball. This technical aspect of sport is very specific to the goal, and should be practiced as such. However, what I'm saying is: smart programming + lots of smart practice in the sport = success, even for a genetically average person. Success does not necessarily mean the NBA(or other professional sports league), but a high level of performance is possible.

I'm not talking about exclusively squatting and deadlifting when I'm talking about strength training. Plyometrics, olympic lifts, and structural balance work are essential for high levels of performance in lower body strength and power development.

Last edited:
I can rely on experience to 100% disagree. When I first started vert training in high school I couldn't touch rim (I'm 6'0), by the start of college I was able to dunk off vert and easily off drop step and any type of approach, in games even. At my most athletic I could windmill, 2 hands, either hand either foot, lots of good **** that even NBA pg's aren't doing at that height and while still being slightly overweight. Now I'm extremely overweight and comparatively sedentary and can't dream of any of that ****, but I definitely didn't have any genetic predisposition to being athletic, MUCH the opposite in fact.

Not sure if this was posted here but this is Evan Mathis, Guard for the Eagles

if vid doesnt work heres the link

Last edited:
Hell of a gym day today. Started with hitting legs hard. Multiple sets of leg press to warm up my joints. Then heavy loads on Romanian deadlifts. did like 5-6 sets. Followed by atg squats and box squats like 6-7 sets. all that in about 45 minutes. then did some bicep stuff, incline db curls followed by superset reverse ez bar curls and hammer burnouts. did that for like 20 minutes, no more than 30 secs between sets. Then did high standing cable flyes superset with pushup burnouts like 4-5 sets. Then the chest machine, it has a real deep point of motion, and my chest was already dead, so it killed the zombie. Really focused on the eccentric. Slow neg, then explode back up.

Finished everything with a quick little 350 cal cardio sesh.

Just ate a 22 oz porterhouse and a loaded sweet potato. life is good.

Last edited:
Had a 5 hour hoop session today :x

I'm in the best shape I've ever been in my life. I was 5'11.5/245lbs at my highest :x I feel like I wasted by earlier youth by being so lazy & sedentary :smh:

Down 46 lbs since Feb. 28th. Feelsgoodman :smokin
Making this a lifestyle was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom