STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

even lower weights hurt, not nearly as much, but my elbows pop, and under pressure the pop begins to hurt, incline dumbbells are not so bad because my hands move freely

it dont really get a pump if i dont lock out

and i dont have shoulder problems, its my elbows that hurt when i start to get around 190
have you tried different grip positions? ie wide grip or close grip
i put my index fingers on the markers, so wide grip

is he even good tho? ive always heard him and beckham are the most overrated athletes in sports right now

and what does soccer calves mean? is that like turf toe or something?

Dude is in the top 2 players in the world. Overrated maybe in his media attention, but never on his actual soccer skills. 

If you play competitive/high level soccer for a long period of time, you are going to have a good set of calves. It just comes natural to soccer players without really working out the legs. 
top 2 PAID players???? my soccer friends always slam him whenever i ask about him

i see what youre saying now, but i think anyone who spends a lot of time running on the balls of their feet will develop a good pair of calves, have you seen RG3s calves? Rafael Nadal and Federer's calves are crazy too

anyone whose played a competitive/high level sport for a long period of time that involves running is going to have "soccer calves" (i feel you were just trolling with that comment)

and what does soccer calves mean? is that like turf toe or something?

This is what it means bro LOL

JK
like these?

never played soccer tho

top 2 PAID players???? my soccer friends always slam him whenever i ask about him

i see what youre saying now, but i think anyone who spends a lot of time running on the balls of their feet will develop a good pair of calves, have you seen RG3s calves? Rafael Nadal and Federer's calves are crazy too

anyone whose played a competitive/high level sport for a long period of time that involves running is going to have "soccer calves" (i feel you were just trolling with that comment)
Yea he probably is up there too on the pay side of things, but most of the people who slam him do so because of his arrogance and cockiness over the years, not on his skills. That should be a topic for S&T though, not here.

I wasn't trolling, and you're right about people spending a lot of time running on the balls of their feet will develop a good pair of calves. 

i put my index fingers on the markers, so wide grip

I don't think he was. Soccer calves and legs are on another level professionally. Maybe a running back in the NFL can get there but I doubt it.
RGIII is there because he did Div.I hurdles in college...I don't think most QBs have his legs.

Last edited:

Yea he probably is up there too on the pay side of things, but most of the people who slam him do so because of his arrogance and cockiness over the years, not on his skills. That should be a topic for S&T though, not here.

I wasn't trolling, and you're right about people spending a lot of time running on the balls of their feet will develop a good pair of calves. 

This i wasn't really saying like only soccer players can achieve good calves. But i never had to work my calves since id played soccer at a pretty high level all my life. But yeah just had to do with soccer cleats, always being on your toes.

And Ronaldo is arguably the best player in the world :lol: not to get too into in but Messi benefits a lot from his team mates and people argue (I'm not one) that Ronaldo is a more complete player. And he shows it when he plays for portugal more then messi does for Argentina. But people hate because dude basically lives the life of a God. Bangs models all 10/10s has countless sports cars has tonnnnnns of money ya know he is a basic NTer

edit: that roberto Carlos ether...that dudes quads....but he is like 5 foot 5 or something....ronaldo is at least near my height so i look at him for inspiration

Last edited:
My dad has always had monster calves. He doesn't work out or anything though. He played soccer a lot when he was young and was poor so he walked everywhere.

Nice
I don't work them out at the gym so I know they could be better
i dont train legs with weights, my leg days are sprint warmups and covering/running routes (football), and like 10 games of pickup basketball

I don't think he was. Soccer calves and legs are on another level professionally. Maybe a running back in the NFL can get there but I doubt it.
RGIII is there because he did Div.I hurdles in college...I don't think most QBs have his legs.

thats a basketball player

oh ok, my apologies about the troll statement

i will just agree to disagree, its not like i have never seen a game of futbol bro, ronaldhino's christiano's legs arent even that big, hell the other guys in the pics legs arent even that big, its impressive, but to make such a statement requires astounding proof

soccer is most definitely a fun sport though, once you get your stamina up

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude if you don't think football players can get calves/quads like soccer players your out of your mind especially runningbacks. maurice jones drew, ray rice, michael turner, etc list goes dudes have tree trunk legs. they also have the upper body to match tho. :smokin

ray rice's legs :x

all i played growing up was football.

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for a new protein brand to try I recommend this one. It has 3 different types of protein and it is the most delicious protein I have ever tasted.
More delicious than ON Extreme Milk Chocolate? I don't know if it's just me or what, but I haven't tasted anything better than ON Extreme Milk Chocolate yet. (I mix with water instead of milk...kinda reminds me of Yoo-Hoo)

Back and biceps tonight in the gym
devil.gif
Man i can't understand how people train back and biceps together. My biceps are already done after i do back exercises.
You have to use more back then.  I had the same issue, until I really started focusing on my rep (stretch/contraction).  And also when doing back, pull with your elbows.  That really helped me.

The views expressed in this post are mine alone.....no hate

Last edited:
When i do biceps after back i USUALLY only about 3-4 sets of biceps.

Arm day on saturday is another story :evil:

If anyone is looking for a new protein brand to try I recommend this one. It has 3 different types of protein and it is the most delicious protein I have ever tasted.

More delicious than ON Extreme Milk Chocolate? I don't know if it's just me or what, but I haven't tasted anything better than ON Extreme Milk Chocolate yet. (I mix with water instead of milk...kinda reminds me of Yoo-Hoo)

If you think ON chocolate of any variety is the best then you are crazy. theres a lot of brands out there with AMAZING chocolate especially in water. The best ive had was the original myofusion/intrapro. straight up chocolate milk

When i do biceps after back i USUALLY only about 3-4 sets of biceps.

Arm day on saturday is another story
devil.gif
Oh ight.

I'm switching it up starting next week.  Moving to Chest/Tri and Back/Bi routine instead of hitting a body part once a week.

Man i can't understand how people train back and biceps together. My biceps are already done after i do back exercises.

You're answering your question to some extent. Majority of back exercises are pulling motions (rows, pull/chin ups, etc) which use your biceps as well, just as pressing motions will use your triceps. You don't necessarily need to isolate your biceps for them to a) get stronger and b) for hypertrophy to occur.

Back
Top Bottom