STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I like ON for their solid profile and moderate price... What other wheys do some of u recommend?

Dymatize has a good range of products, and if you just want something cheap that gets the job done (because at the end of the day protein is protein) cant beat Universals Milk & Egg protein. Its 24 bucks for 3lbs

I dont know why you dudes crying about the pics, if you dont like it then dont come in here.

i have no problem with it because i like to see a fellow member work hard and change their life. Obesity is no joke and dude is changing his life for the better day after day. He is motivation to others who might peep in here but might not post because maybe they are scared or something. Just let it be.

keep up the good work brah.

This is my thing, NT has gotten so wack, dudes cry about things they can easily scroll past. The Fact that I`m posting a photo when you scroll and see a cartoon face its a sign to keep scrolling if its really an issue, compared to dudes posting Paragraphs of Bro Science that you dont realize is stupidity until you get half way through it.

The main dudes I see crying about things on this Site are dudes who contribute nothing yet have holier than thou attitudes on things. This is a fitness thread, I've been posting weekly photos, a Week makes a difference, really I wouldnt be surprised if alot of dudes in this thread dont even see the gym and are just talking out their butts. Its crazy seeing dudes try to go in on guys like Steezy because he does cross fit and stuff like that. Like How can you attack people for doing better? I know I've said things about New Years Noobs waisting space in the Gym but I've grown from that after meeting folks who were new just like me in the gym and are continuing to come in the gym and seeing them every day I`m in there even though we may never speak, but give each other noods of respect.

Im with you on everything you said except that 1 week doesnt make a difference. Visually 1 week is very meaningless.

Dymatize has a good range of products, and if you just want something cheap that gets the job done (because at the end of the day protein is protein) cant beat Universals Milk & Egg protein. Its 24 bucks for 3lbs
Ehh...

I was considering Dymatize vs ON just 2 days ago. Went with ON. Its really the go to, only reason I even considered Dymatize was just for a change. ON has les calories, more protein. Dymatize does have casein though...but whatever.

On is just...perfect imo.

I'm one of those guys who just drinks one flavor. I don't look at my shake as a milkshake, I just chug it down with water and I'm out

takes less effort for you to scroll past it than it does for me to post a spoiler, and you're the only one with an issue. Just mute me, that will make your experience here much better I`m sure.

This is my thing, NT has gotten so wack, dudes cry about things they can easily scroll past. The Fact that I`m posting a photo when you scroll and see a cartoon face its a sign to keep scrolling if its really an issue, compared to dudes posting Paragraphs of Bro Science that you dont realize is stupidity until you get half way through it.

The main dudes I see crying about things on this Site are dudes who contribute nothing yet have holier than thou attitudes on things. This is a fitness thread, I've been posting weekly photos, a Week makes a difference, really I wouldnt be surprised if alot of dudes in this thread dont even see the gym and are just talking out their butts. Its crazy seeing dudes try to go in on guys like Steezy because he does cross fit and stuff like that. Like How can you attack people for doing better? I know I've said things about New Years Noobs waisting space in the Gym but I've grown from that after meeting folks who were new just like me in the gym and are continuing to come in the gym and seeing them every day I`m in there even though we may never speak, but give each other noods of respect.

To be honest, I've stopped looking at the photos you post and I suspect a lot of members have. If it helps you and keeps you motivated, by all means keep posting them, but I think your impressive weight loss is pretty well known among the thread regulars and no one is noticing your micro week to week changes. Regular, periodic reflection on your fitness goals is definitely a good habit to follow. I'd suggest supplementing the photo with some other metrics (i.e. actual weight, body fat percentage, lifts, etc) as well as some qualitative reflections on what you accomplished in that time period, goals for the next time period, challenges, etc.. Even if the end goal is to look better, keeping track of other metrics and stating goals is certainly helpful to that end. To reiterate, don't stop posting your pic if it helps you, but try tracking (or if you're already doing that - posting) some other info, so it's less generic.
When I log my workouts, it's not just the numbers, it's also about new stuff I learned, tweaks I made, and more.

To be honest, I've stopped looking at the photos you post and I suspect a lot of members have. If it helps you and keeps you motivated, by all means keep posting them, but I think your impressive weight loss is pretty well known among the thread regulars and no one is noticing your micro week to week changes. Regular, periodic reflection on your fitness goals is definitely a good habit to follow. I'd suggest supplementing the photo with some other metrics (i.e. actual weight, body fat percentage, lifts, etc) as well as some qualitative reflections on what you accomplished in that time period, goals for the next time period, challenges, etc.. Even if the end goal is to look better, keeping track of other metrics and stating goals is certainly helpful to that end. To reiterate, don't stop posting your pic if it helps you, but try tracking (or if you're already doing that - posting) some other info, so it's less generic.
When I log my workouts, it's not just the numbers, it's also about new stuff I learned, tweaks I made, and more.

When post pics I usually post my pic and weight lost for the week, and really I don't even post many pics, 3 pics a month at most. But anyways I'm still gonna do me just like every does them.

Honestly I kinda wanna cut now.

Its hard knowing all the progression I made in the last 2 months, im getting my feet wet with 275 on the bench, I know on a cut 225 is gonna be rough for me.

How do I go about cutting down fat/weight while retaining as much muscle as I can? Should I just do 80% of the weight I do now (same volume), 8-12 reps?

Its hard getting the calories down if im taking 3-4 shakes a day. Thats atleast 500-600 calories right there. Is 2000 calories still a number I can go buy and still lose fat?

The only way I see it is doing a little more cardio to compensate for the protein calories. How much does an average workout burn? Or a 45 min spin session? Or a basketball game? I know these will be VERY broad and vague answers, but to get an idea, what you guys think? Dudes talking about burning 300 calories a full court game (to 12, probably 15 min a game). I think thats a bit much.

Last edited:
I like ON for their solid profile and moderate price... What other wheys do some of u recommend?

met-rx

30 bucks for 2 lbs

Hmmm....intredasting.

If I'm reading this correctly, I'm to perform all exercises in Star Complex A as a circuit i.e. Overhead Press then Deadlift then Squat then Bench Press?

Or is the workout switching back and forth between Complex A and Complex B. I watched the videos and I'm still a bit confused.

I think it's switching back and forth between Complex A and B. So on monday you would do overhead press as a circuit (4 to 6 rounds) and then squats as a circuit (4 to 6 rounds).

Some of the videos don't exactly line up with the exercises and information below though. In the videos, they show some moves as "warm-ups." Are these warm-ups performed before each round or just once before the circuit begins?

Edit: I read some comments and he states the videos and information are slightly different because he is giving you options.

Last edited:
Honestly I kinda wanna cut now.

Its hard knowing all the progression I made in the last 2 months, im getting my feet wet with 275 on the bench, I know on a cut 225 is gonna be rough for me.

How do I go about cutting down fat/weight while retaining as much muscle as I can? Should I just do 80% of the weight I do now (same volume), 8-12 reps?

Its hard getting the calories down if im taking 3-4 shakes a day. Thats atleast 500-600 calories right there. Is 2000 calories still a number I can go buy and still lose fat?

The only way I see it is doing a little more cardio to compensate for the protein calories. How much does an average workout burn? Or a 45 min spin session? Or a basketball game? I know these will be VERY broad and vague answers, but to get an idea, what you guys think? Dudes talking about burning 300 calories a full court game (to 12, probably 15 min a game). I think thats a bit much.

275 on the bench is a nice accomplishment - definitely sets you apart from a lot of the guys struggling with 2 plates.
Couple points on cutting.

Don't know specifics of your stats and lifestyle but 2000 should certainly be low enough, maybe a little on the low side as a matter of fact, to cut.

Why do you need the 3-4 shakes a day - are you having trouble hitting your protein macro without them?

Protein shakes generally aren't satisfying in the same way that solid food is (at least to me). Liquid calories are great for bulking but aren't ideal for cutting. I'd suggest cutting down on the shakes, as long as you can ensure you hit your macros without them. Eat chicken breasts for your protein.

Upping cardio just to compensate for extra calories taken in through shakes isn't constructive.

When I set up my macros for a cut, some basic points I follow:
1) Figure out my current maintenance level (based on current size and activity level)
2) Subtract 500 calories from the maintenance level.
3) Calculate protein requirements based on current weight (using the 1 g of protein per lb of bodyweight - overshooting on protein a little to ensure I get it in) and ensure I hit that each day
4) Take in the rest of my cals thru either carbs and fats - generally more fats to carbs as they're more satisfying
5) Avoid caloric-dense, nutrient-less foods
6) Avoid non-satisfying foods like brotein shakes

In terms of general activity during your cut, because you are in a caloric deficit, your recovery is going to be hampered some compared to if you're at maintenance or at a surplus. In addition, your energy levels may be low. Keep this in mind when scheduling your workouts. If your diet is in check, you won't have to push yourself too hard in terms of conditioning.

When you're in a deficit, you won't be able to get hypertrophy in. Yes, you can maintain a fair amount of strength. I'd focus on lower reps, high weight - more conducive to maintaining strength than the 8-12 rep stuff. Recognize that while cutting you will lose some weight on your lifts (and some muscle though likely minimal if you're hitting your protein requirements). Don't let that frustrate too much and remind yourself that when you get back up to maintenance you'll probably regain those numbers real quick.
Don't think of it as a permanent loss of strength - just temporary.

Reviewing the above post, I realize it's a little scatter brained and may not make perfect sense, so feel free to ask questions/correct things. Boston NTer here - was supposed to be on an Amtrak to NY, but that's not happening right now considering current events. Bit stressed out now.

When post pics I usually post my pic and weight lost for the week, and really I don't even post many pics, 3 pics a month at most. But anyways I'm still gonna do me just like every does them.
Well I do skim past the picture posts, so I must have missed that. I'm thinking maybe add in some challenges you faced that week i.e. you were supposed to go to the bar with the bros to pound beers and wings, but you had to miss out, and strategies to help overcome those temptations. That's more helpful to everyone in this thread. Nothing wrong with "doing you", but I want this thread to remain high quality (which you certainly contribute to with your non-picture posts). Past couple of weeks there's been a fair amount of bickering, calf pictures, and "BOUT TO HIT THE GYM" posts. I'm just throwing out suggestions about how to keep the thread quality.

Yo for whoever was asking about Met-RX All Natural Whey - SneakerFan1 I think that was you. I got my order in. It's pretty good - a little bit on the sweet side. Compared to ON All Natty Whey, I'd say it's a step down in terms of taste and mixability. Not that big of a step down so definitely worth checking out, but I wouldn't drop everything to switch.

About shakes being non satisfying... Depends on how you approach them

I'm still fairly new to this but I think my breakfast has never been better. And I feel great, satisfied, and ******g full

I used to make 2 separate shakes in the morning with all this but I decided to just put everything in the blender one morning and it came out pretty good.

It gives you just about everything anyone could ask for in a breakfast plus. Veggies, fruits, good carbs, good fats, protein, nutrients galore, etc... Around 600 calories with 2 scoops of whey and I space it out throughout the morning

I know the idea of it sounds disgusting, and it does come out green but you only taste ginger & fruit.

Just throwing out ideas... Please critique as well

About shakes being non satisfying... Depends on how you approach them

I'm still fairly new to this but I think my breakfast has never been better. And I feel great, satisfied, and ******g full

I used to make 2 separate shakes in the morning with all this but I decided to just put everything in the blender one morning and it came out pretty good.

It gives you just about everything anyone could ask for in a breakfast plus. Veggies, fruits, good carbs, good fats, protein, nutrients galore, etc... Around 600 calories with 2 scoops of whey and I space it out throughout the morning

I know the idea of it sounds disgusting, and it does come out green but you only taste ginger & fruit.

Just throwing out ideas... Please critique as well
I was talking more in terms of shakes consisting of a scoop of protein and water. Green shakes are generally more satisfying for me.
Still - I think if I were to have an equally sized meal of protein, veggies, and fruit that was solid versus a shake, I'd feel more satisfied with the solid version.
May just be me though.

Mike Kuz & The ISA - Ayoo
Brisco ft Flo Rida - Just Know That
Lady Gaga - Just Dance (dubstep remix)
Trick Daddy - Can't F_ With the South
MGK ft Lil Jon - Lace Up
Flo Rida - Good Feeling
Rihanna - We Found Love
2Chainz ft Drake - No Lie
Trick Daddy ft Twista & Lil Jon - Let's Go
Kanye West ft Pusha T - Don't Like remix
Future - Turn On The Lights
T.I. ft Alfa Mega & Busta Rhymes - Hurt

Yo for whoever was asking about Met-RX All Natural Whey - SneakerFan1 I think that was you. I got my order in. It's pretty good - a little bit on the sweet side. Compared to ON All Natty Whey, I'd say it's a step down in terms of taste and mixability. Not that big of a step down so definitely worth checking out, but I wouldn't drop everything to switch.
Good looks bro. I'll probably stick with the ON for now, but at least this gives me an option just in case a sale pops up. Doing my best to limit the powder intake to strictly post workout.

I know I've said things about New Years Noobs waisting space in the Gym but I've grown from that after meeting folks who were new just like me in the gym and are continuing to come in the gym and seeing them every day I`m in there even though we may never speak, but give each other noods of respect.

Right on bruh. I know from my personal experience, I've met some REALLY cool people (both male and female) at the gym. Weird too because I'm usually "in the zone" so I'm not smiling or trying to act friendly, not because I'm an *** really, but because I'm trying to stay focused on the process.

And that broad you posted....Jesus Mary and Joseph...fit girls are my weakness.

Back
Top Bottom