STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

It's funny that you guys are talking about workout mixes...LOL

This morning I was doing arms, and just couldn't take my regular mix anymore.  Took of my headphones and listened to the gym music......
sick.gif
.  They were playing coldplay!

Meek Mills - House Party

Eminem - Til I Collapse

Staples on my workout playlists, other songs change but these two stay constant. 
pimp.gif

On another note, leg day today.

Deadlift 7 sets (one warm up, one burnout) - 135/185/225/275/275/225/185 I only did about 6 reps a set, even on the low weights. This works for me, but it does seem like a lot on paper.

Squats 5 sets - 135/185/225/225/185  Trying to focus on ATG and balancing myself which I have a hard time doing.

Messed around with some leg presses and the calf machine, nothing to remember, I was burnt by then but I feel great now.

I almost never listen to music when I workout.

But one song that always gets me in the zone is "all the above" by Maino :pimp:

Wale- Ambition
Game- The City
Madeon- The City, Finale, Icarus
Drake- 9AM in Dallas, 5AM in Toronto, SFTB
Trick Daddy- Let's Go
Lil Jon- Throw It Up, Rep Yo City
Dimitri Vegas/Like Mike- Madness
Calvin Harris- Sweet Nothing, Drinking From the Bottle
The Ashton Shuffle- Sunrise (Tommy Trash version)

Those are my favs right now.

I hope the music talk is acceptable because i am currently downloading a bunch of this stuff and adding it to the work out play list

Thanks NT

man once i went wireless i never went back
this are great for the price, good sound and bass. the onely bad thing is that the battery dies after 2hrs or so.
Amazon product ASIN B007O9J54M
I personally like the convenience  of the airbands, even through the sweating it's still been good to me. I've had them for about a year or so.

Only thing I've changed are the foam covers, but so far still works good. 

When i used to lift at the gym i would always listen to dubstep (bassnecter mainly). It would get me hyped

I hope you're joking. What the **** is big to you guys?
Why you taking it so personal doe? What are you 6ft? 200lbs on a 6 foot frame isn't big, on me that would be because I'm 4 inches shorter. A taller frame requires more weight to get big, thats the downfall to being tall and lifting. 13 months isn't that long and you shouldn't be getting upset because if you keep going you will get big. Go to the forums on bodybuilding and see the users pictures. Theres some big boys over there no romo. 

For music, I usually go for hard rock 
laugh.gif
 Listened to some Drowning Pool yesterday that got me real HYPE.

Last edited:
Why you taking it so personal doe? What are you 6ft? 200lbs on a 6 foot frame isn't big, on me that would be because I'm 4 inches shorter. A taller frame requires more weight to get big, thats the downfall to being tall and lifting. 13 months isn't that long and you shouldn't be getting upset because if you keep going you will get big. Go to the forums on bodybuilding and see the users pictures. Theres some big boys over there no romo. 
Call me small and I'm going to take it personally. Guarantee nobody in this thread would call me small to my face. I'm not saying I'm the biggest dude in the weight room, but c'mon man.

I'll ask again, what would you consider big for my height and and BF %?

Call me small and I'm going to take it personally. Guarantee nobody in this thread would call me small to my face. I'm not saying I'm the biggest dude in the weight room, but c'mon man.

bro, do you even lift?

imo you're def not small but you're not an animal. i work with a bunch of ex-cons who lifted weights in jail for half their lives though so i might have a distorted perspective. guys who are like 6' 260 with tattoos of stuff like eyeballs, guns, knives and more hair on their knuckles than i have on my head.

That's me at the gym today after a 15 minute run and in the middle of a dumbbell curl/overhead dumbbell press/hammer curl 12 rep superset with 20/35/20lb dumbbells. Completely relaxed.

I was 226lbs back in July 2011. I had basically stopped exercising for two years. I picked it back up, lost 20 pounds then sprained my ankle badly Thanksgiving 2011. Couldn't run and didn't lift a whole lot until March 2012. Ballooned back up to 215.

Then I rededicated myself. And for the past year I've been doing low weight, high rep and supersetting everything. I do each body part twice a week. I ran a marathon in November, and will be running another in three weeks. My weight has been 200lbs give or take 2-3 pounds since November. I've been adding lean mass and losing fat. Sounds unbelievable, but when your clothes are getting bigger, you know you're doing it right.

So yeah, heavy weights for size aren't a necessity.
You're relatively small...

What would you do hit them? Tell them you aren't small and make a mean face?

Big for over 6ft would be 225 and up with 12% bf or less, but thats just a guess because everyones bodies are different, some hold mass differently then others, and some have larger bones than others.

imo you're def not small but you're not an animal. i work with a bunch of ex-cons who lifted weights in jail for half their lives though so i might have a distorted perspective. guys who are like 6' 260 with tattoos of stuff like eyeballs, guns, knives and more hair on their knuckles than i have on my head.
Y do Kimbo Slice type dudes come to mind
laugh.gif

You look athletic. At 6' to look big with a shirt on, Ima' say 220lbs at least with 10-15% bodyfat. If someone is over 5'10 and they wanna' look noticeably big in clothes, dat dere is gonna' be necessary in my personal opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom