STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Yes! I actually got my 2nd show comin up on the 27th.. Its KY Muscle here in Lou
Nice bro. Good luck, hope you do as well as the Cardinals did in the NCAA.

I can't wait to get my squat up to those kind of numbers. I just watched a powerlifting documentary last night and it talked about the first dude to ever squat 1000 
sick.gif

Ohhh I'm the laughing stock huh?...

Can't wait till my gaaaiiiinzzz come through to shut this thread down with pics of me in a thong....ya just waitz

:rofl:

NO.

I wasn't making fun of you though. Dude is in here asking if any of us are into Crossfit in the exact place that you live at, and you are the main proponent of Crossfit in this thread.

That's all I'm saying.
Well, you actually said you've never seen anyone big who didn't lift heavy. But if you meant something else, that's okay.

I haven't. Didn't you say that you are 180lbs and 6" and work out with 50lb weights? That is not big or heavy. Lots of food and heavy weight progression have been the recipe for getting big forever. I've never seen anyone who benches with 150lbs, squats 200lbs,deadlifts 200lbs who is big.

I haven't. Didn't you say that you are 180lbs and 6" and work out with 50lb weights? That is not big or heavy. Lots of food and heavy weight progression have been the recipe for getting big forever. I've never seen anyone who benches with 150lbs, squats 200lbs,deadlifts 200lbs who is big.
:lol: I'm 6'1 197lbs bro. I'm not small by any means.

Troy Polamalu:

Instead of free weights or machines, Polamalu uses medicine balls, heavy shoes, something called the wobble board and other nontraditional football workouts such as the single-grip hand ball to train year-round, even during the season.

He's quoted on one Web site extolling Marinovich's methods: "People have a hard time believing I could train for football using a heaviest weight of 20 pounds."

Polamalu credits Marinovich's methods for turning him into a Pro Bowl player.

"His philosophy is you can't train slow to get faster. You can't go in there and bench weights to think you're going to get stronger. And, for example in the bench press, never are you going to lift that slow."

Polamalu placed his hands to his chest as if he were bench-pressing.

"Never are you going to be this deep, because if you're this deep in football, you're going to get beat. His whole philosophy is training explosively, training with balance and nervous systems and things like that."

http://www.jumpusa.com/probodx.htm

The quote is from an article from the PPG, but it wouldn't link...the other link has his quote.

I don't think there is anything wrong with what troy said. I think people lose sight at training for a purpose. Half the people here are training to lose weight which should be different from training for strength which is different from training for aesthetics.

Know your goals and find out the best way to get there.

Troy Polamalu:

Instead of free weights or machines, Polamalu uses medicine balls, heavy shoes, something called the wobble board and other nontraditional football workouts such as the single-grip hand ball to train year-round, even during the season.

He's quoted on one Web site extolling Marinovich's methods: "People have a hard time believing I could train for football using a heaviest weight of 20 pounds."

"His philosophy is you can't train slow to get faster. You can't go in there and bench weights to think you're going to get stronger. And, for example in the bench press, never are you going to lift that slow."

"Never are you going to be this deep, because if you're this deep in football, you're going to get beat. His whole philosophy is training explosively, training with balance and nervous systems and things like that."

The quote is from an article from the PPG, but it wouldn't link...the other link has his quote.

I can assure you that Polamalu lifted heavy weights at one time in his life, as did anyone who has significant muscle mass. Besides, Polomalu isn't training for size now, he is training for nervous systems and things like that.

best flavor of ON whey???

is there creatine and serious mass worth anything???

how's the hydrowhey???

Best flavor is Double Rich Chocolate. Tastes like bootleg Nesquik. I wouldn't get their serious mass. You can make your own mass gainer by using milk instead of water and mixing it with peanut butter and steel cut oats.

I've never tried their hydrowhey but right now I'm using the isolate you can find at Costco.

I want to venture out and try another flavor for the Optimum Nutrition  Whey, so far I've tried the chocolate and vanilla. Any thoughts on the cookies and  cream?

I use their vanilla isolate and mix it with the white chocolate peanut butter several posts above. Tastes just like a peanut butter shake.

Did 5x85 on the military dumbell press today 
happy.gif

On a sidenote, I have given up on deadlifting. My arms are too short. I even tried the sumo technique, but it just doesn't work for me 
tired.gif

I can assure you that Polamalu lifted heavy weights at one time in his life, as did anyone who has significant muscle mass. Besides, Polomalu isn't training for size now, he is training for nervous systems and things like that.

No doubt. Look at his strength #'s from usc. However, he changed things up a bit in the pros.

That's me at the gym today after a 15 minute run and in the middle of a dumbbell curl/overhead dumbbell press/hammer curl 12 rep superset with 20/35/20lb dumbbells. Completely relaxed.

I was 226lbs back in July 2011. I had basically stopped exercising for two years. I picked it back up, lost 20 pounds then sprained my ankle badly Thanksgiving 2011. Couldn't run and didn't lift a whole lot until March 2012. Ballooned back up to 215.

Then I rededicated myself. And for the past year I've been doing low weight, high rep and supersetting everything. I do each body part twice a week. I ran a marathon in November, and will be running another in three weeks. My weight has been 200lbs give or take 2-3 pounds since November. I've been adding lean mass and losing fat. Sounds unbelievable, but when your clothes are getting bigger, you know you're doing it right.

So yeah, heavy weights for size aren't a necessity.

Last edited:
hey NT Fam'ron's

so like most people, I HATE leg day.

I make excuses to skip it whenever possible, but I've come to realize that I need to do it to be good at my job.

So recently I've been doing alot of weighted lunges, and I've been killing my legs with those.

My question is, are these really helping my leg strength (I do alot of hiking with heavy stuff on my back for work)

Or am I just killing my legs for no reason?

I want to venture out and try another flavor for the Optimum Nutrition  Whey, so far I've tried the chocolate and vanilla. Any thoughts on the cookies and  cream?

I think the best flavor by FAR (IMO) is chocolate mint. I look forward to my protein shake every day after the gym cause it tastes SO good!

I'm currently using the cookies and cream now...it tastes pretty good. No complaints.

Troy Polamalu:

Exactly. He probably just started this while new not lifting over 20 pound weights steeze a couple years ago. But best believe at USC and the major portion of his nfl career, he was lifting heavy in the weight room

I think the best flavor by FAR (IMO) is chocolate mint. I look forward to my protein shake every day after the gym cause it tastes SO good!

I'm currently using the cookies and cream now...it tastes pretty good. No complaints.
is it good with and without milk? I wanted to try the chocolate mint one. 

hey NT Fam'ron's

so like most people, I HATE leg day.

I make excuses to skip it whenever possible, but I've come to realize that I need to do it to be good at my job.

So recently I've been doing alot of weighted lunges, and I've been killing my legs with those.

My question is, are these really helping my leg strength (I do alot of hiking with heavy stuff on my back for work)

Or am I just killing my legs for no reason?

do you do squats?

Back
Top Bottom