STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Started this on Sunday. Going to try and keep at it for the next 4 weeks. I miss my abs.

See you soon, abs.

5' 8, 165lbs, did 80 lbs dumbell on incline....hopefully I will be able to do a 2 plate bench by the summer

Got the same goal as well my dude. :pimp: Benching is the last of the big three for me to reach two plates on.

5'11 155 just benched 225 for the first time ever. Got 4 reps out too. Was like WTF BREH WHY HAVEN'T I MAXED EARLIER lol

But seriously, I was shocked. Gonna try to get my bench up to 275 by fall.

Btw, Back day as overtaken chest day as my favorite lol

Started this on Sunday. Going to try and keep at it for the next 4 weeks. I miss my abs.

See you soon, abs.

Don't waste your time with those garbage Men's Health workouts. Heavy compound lifts with progressive overload will get you there faster. Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.

5' 8, 165lbs, did 80 lbs dumbell on incline....hopefully I will be able to do a 2 plate bench by the summer

Got the same goal as well my dude. :pimp: Benching is the last of the big three for me to reach two plates on.

5'11 155 just benched 225 for the first time ever. Got 4 reps out too. Was like WTF BREH WHY HAVEN'T I MAXED EARLIER lol

Last edited:

See you soon, abs.

Don't waste your time with those garbage Men's Health workouts. Heavy compound lifts with progressive overload will get you there faster. Abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.

I was trying to incorporate this with my regular workouts. Can you post an example of the workout you're referring to?

I've been eating at least 4 meals a day, staying hydrated, and cutting up carbs/breads/white rice especially after 7pm.

See you soon, abs.

I was trying to incorporate this with my regular workouts. Can you post an example of the workout you're referring to?

I've been eating at least 4 meals a day, staying hydrated, and cutting up carbs/breads/white rice especially after 7pm.

I've always had better results doing heavy compound lift programs like Rippetoes/Madcow, etc. and counting macros/calories. I used to do those Men's Health workouts and I found that they did little more than burn calories. I think that anything works as long as your diet is right and you incorporate heavy Squats, Deadlifts, Bench Press, Overhead Press, Bent Over Rows. YMMV.

honestly, being able to do 80lb dumbbells on incline, you can probably do 2 plates now. get yourself a spot if you're not confident. have you attempted it before?

:pimp:

chest day has always been my favorite. looking in a mirror after gets my hyped :lol:

Last edited:
Been eating 8 meals a day and I've cut abt 4 pounds the last week and a half. 6 full meals and 2 shakes. Been crazy expensive tho as far as buying food, gonna have to maybe switch to 4 meals and 4 shakes.

The easeeee at which he presses 225lbs
roll.gif
Man thats nothing for him I bet he could hit 225 close to 50 times, the ease of all of it is stupid doe. He can bench 700 raw. If dude cut some fat he would be a monster.

Last edited:
Back at it again after 5 months of slacking.

Starting weight 216 lbs. Did insanity early in the morning then did core and shoulder this evening. Tired af but feels good to be back at it. :smokin

Just do starting strength. number of meals per day and carb timing are pretty much irrelevant if you are maintaining a caloric deficit.

I always like that video. If you think about it though, considering his max, it's not all that hard for him. If he maxes 700, the 600 rep is 85% of his max, and everything else is significantly below that, so it's not all that difficult for him. Also, I'm sure he warmed up fully prior to that. It's not as if he's working up to the single starting cold. It's still a cool video tho - better way of showing him benching 600 then just showing a single.

Been eating 8 meals a day and I've cut abt 4 pounds the last week and a half. 6 full meals and 2 shakes. Been crazy expensive tho as far as buying food, gonna have to maybe switch to 4 meals and 4 shakes.
How would it be more expensive if you are eating less (judging by your weight loss)?

Damn, I climbed to East Rock in New Haven today and realized how out of shape I am.

Well not that much but my activeness has definitely decreased. I need to go walk in the mornings when my girl goes to class or something.

honestly, being able to do 80lb dumbbells on incline, you can probably do 2 plates now. get yourself a spot if you're not confident. have you attempted it before?

I'm gonna have to agree... I bench 225 and have never even tried 80s on incline. Granted I only do dumbbells with light weight/high rep

Last edited:
******' animal.

Today's workout was ok. Have an extra workout partner nowadays and it kinda extends the length of the workout which can get frustrating.

Very difficult to get under my skin, but tonight this broad at the gym did it. Waltzes up while I'm using the barbell and expects me to give it up just because her dirty cooch having *** batted an eye. Let her know that I still had sets left. Threw her hands in the air like an ignorant *** ****, rolled her eyes and stormed off like I kicked her dog. Came real close to stooping to her level, but wasn't going to give her the satisfaction. Plus I didn't want to lose my cool (and my gym membership) for beating the **** out of the herb dude she was with. You're more than welcome to work in with me, but I'll be damned if ima give up my bar before my workout is over.

Rare rant over.

So bros...I finally gave in and started doing deadlifts. Dont ask why it took me so long...I just didnt like the motions of it...sounds dumb but yeah.

Started our low weight and got my form down right. Cant wait to see how much weight I can do months from now

i think the goal of shortcut to shred is to...ummm....shred. a strength training routine would probably not utilize the same methods. you already knew this though.

i bounce around in-between sets or even jump rope.

What if all you do is push ups and pull ups?
Will you get a good result with a nice diet?
Im 5'8 175 lbs and i can do 2x10 clapping push ups and 60 push ups plus 5 pull ups.

What if all you do is push ups and pull ups?
Will you get a good result with a nice diet?
Im 5'8 175 lbs and i can do 2x10 clapping push ups and 60 push ups plus 5 pull ups.

That's can be considered just a warm up to actual routines bro, you are going to need to put in more work than that...

Had a good day at the gym yesterday we were behind this week so we did legs, arms and back. Took forever but got it done and got a really good work out in. Might consider grouping more body parts into each day and taking a "rest day" mid week and do full cardio and plyometrics.

One thing I hated about short cut to shred today. Cardio acceleration in between squats? How am I supposed to do any weight that's worth while? Also dead lifts right after WITH cardio acceleration? Doesn't seem logical to me. Quick route to an injury. Was really frustrated.

iLLest!

Well yeah - maybe that's the problem with the program. I haven't bothered to read Mr. Stoppani's arguments supporting cardio acceleration, but if strength is at all a goal of yours, you should stay away from this sort of program. Effectively, the cardioacceleration concept eliminates rest periods between sets. Generally, for strength purposes, you should aim for 3-5 minute rest intervals between sets, see: http://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/11315230-000000000-00000#page-1. For muscular hypertrophy, shorter rest intervals are preferable; however, this program (at least from what you all have been saying) seems to do away with all rest intervals of any meaningful length. What are the rep ranges in the program?

Back
Top Bottom