STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Took some drowsy allergy medicine last night before i realized it was drowsy

Slept in and couldnt do insanity before work today :x :smh:

I'll take some pre-workout after work and hit up cardio at the gym tonight instead.

: I recommend that everyone invests in a jump rope.  There isn't a better bang for your buck fitness wise IMO.  Cheap, you can take it anywhere, and it's probably one of the best cardio workouts you can find. 

This

Tmrw ill be doing day 3 of shortcut to shred, the cardio acceleration seems to make the workouts go quicker...way more efficiency as well

Are u guys doing the cardio acceleration as u change exercises as well or just in bt sets?

: I recommend that everyone invests in a jump rope.  There isn't a better bang for your buck fitness wise IMO.  Cheap, you can take it anywhere, and it's probably one of the best cardio workouts you can find. 

This

Tmrw ill be doing day 3 of shortcut to shred, the cardio acceleration seems to make the workouts go quicker...way more efficiency as well

Are u guys doing the cardio acceleration as u change exercises as well or just in bt sets?
I do it after every set. For example, if I switch from flat to incline bench, I do cardio after my last set of bench/before my first set of incline.

Correct. Clean the bar, then front squat to push press. The only time you clean the bar is if you drop it.

If your doing it as described you are doing it wrong.

It should be one motion, and every clean if done correctly should have a "squat".

I'm getting too accustomed to working out with bumper weights. I have to remind myself when I go to LA Fitness. Not to drop the weight.

As far as cross fit douchiness, I see it, but it also exists on the BB side. It's crazy how BB'ers say its pointless when in reality crossfit is a bit more functional than a typical BB workout.

Correct. Clean the bar, then front squat to push press. The only time you clean the bar is if you drop it.

If your doing it as described you are doing it wrong.

It should be one motion, and every clean if done correctly should have a "squat".

I'm getting too accustomed to working out with bumper weights. I have to remind myself when I go to LA Fitness. Not to drop the weight.

As far as cross fit douchiness, I see it, but it also exists on the BB side. It's crazy how BB'ers say its pointless when in reality crossfit is a bit more functional than a typical BB workout.

for thrusters, you don't need to reset the weight after every rep do you?

i thought you could just squat clean it, thrust up into a push press and each subsequent rep is a subtle "reracking" of the weight using the gravity of the weight coming down to go into frontsquat, and thrust up into a push press.

you technically only need to "clean" it once. i think..

i thought you could just squat clean it, thrust up into a push press and each subsequent rep is a subtle "reracking" of the weight using the gravity of the weight coming down to go into frontsquat, and thrust up into a push press.

You're right, No to reset it after every rep. Everything should be one fluid motion like iron man said. 

Aight NT,

So I'm about to enter my third bulk this lifetime :lol:

I'm motivated now more than ever. I have my own spot with enough room to throw some weights around. I got P90x, the perfect pull-up, the perfect push-up and a few assorted sized dumb bells. Imma start out in the crib and just push myself until I feel I need a gym membership. I got a some extra money left over in the month for supplements and food. So as you can see, I'm ready.

I've been looking at a few of those combo packages on bodybuilding.com and wanted to know what you guys thought about it. I'm leaning towards that Progressive stack, but wanted a little input first.

I'm 5'10/150lbs if that helps.

anybody else?

Greetings Famb,
Longtime Lurker and First Time Poster in this thread. I've definitely learned some good workout variations in here.

The question that has me coming out of the rafters is probably a common/simple one, but I couldn't find a good answer going 10 pages back and via thread searches: protein powder recommendations and best (i.e. cheapest) place to buy. I've finished 5lbs of muscle milk whey and 2lbs of body fortress whey ( :x never again :x )I'm just looking for a well rounded powder that can be used primarily post workout, but bonus for being versatile enough for snack replacements. I'm not trying to bulk, just continue to build lean muscle. I've heard Trutein is the GOAT, and i'm eyeballing the 5lb tub for $50 pending advice from the aesthetic gawds on here.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Greetings Famb,
Longtime Lurker and First Time Poster in this thread. I've definitely learned some good workout variations in here.

The question that has me coming out of the rafters is probably a common/simple one, but I couldn't find a good answer going 10 pages back and via thread searches: protein powder recommendations and best (i.e. cheapest) place to buy. I've finished 5lbs of muscle milk whey and 2lbs of body fortress whey ( :x never again :x )I'm just looking for a well rounded powder that can be used primarily post workout, but bonus for being versatile enough for snack replacements. I'm not trying to bulk, just continue to build lean muscle. I've heard Trutein is the GOAT, and i'm eyeballing the 5lb tub for $50 pending advice from the aesthetic gawds on here.

thanks in advance

I'm pretty sure the consensus pick would be ON gold

I know there are other brands people like and I'm sure people will chime in...

But IMO, ON is the best bang for your buck profile wise. eBay and sears.com seem to have the best prices

Craig David

training-craig-david-28062012-t2kbL1-de.jpg

:wow:

When did this happen?
holy ****

are you serious? not only did dude get extra jacked, but he jumped a couple shades towards the dark side (yes its cooler over here)

edit: that hairline is vicious doe

Last edited by a moderator:
Aight NT,

So I'm about to enter my third bulk this lifetime :lol:

I'm motivated now more than ever. I have my own spot with enough room to throw some weights around. I got P90x, the perfect pull-up, the perfect push-up and a few assorted sized dumb bells. Imma start out in the crib and just push myself until I feel I need a gym membership. I got a some extra money left over in the month for supplements and food. So as you can see, I'm ready.

I've been looking at a few of those combo packages on bodybuilding.com and wanted to know what you guys thought about it. I'm leaning towards that Progressive stack, but wanted a little input first.

I'm 5'10/150lbs if that helps.

anybody else?
Focus on whole foods, fam. Complex carbs, lean protein, and good fats. Once you get your diet in check, you should be fine. if you're just starting out, a multivitamin, a decent whey protein powder, and something for joint support should be enough.

115 Pounds Lost :pimp:
:pimp:

I do it after every set. For example, if I switch from flat to incline bench, I do cardio after my last set of bench/before my first set of incline.

I've been doing it after every set of each exercise so 4 sets of bench = 4 one minute cardio sessions. That gets you about 24-30 mins of cardio in during your workout.

Well guys, decided to back to boxing. Put on 25lbs since my abs pic that everyone seemed to hate, lol. If anyone knows any random "fighting" type workouts I'd appreciate it. Need to keep it fresh and new.

tae kwon do is awesome for flexibility and core strength

no homo, i always wanted wings exactly like that on my back (or at least same size, not the same design tho, mine were going to look more angelic) ive been telling my cousin i was going to get those wings since i was 15, thumbs up

5' 8, 165lbs, did 80 lbs dumbell on incline....hopefully I will be able to do a 2 plate bench by the summer

You only need to clean it once....thrusters are pretty much ball walls, which is pretty much hell next to burpees

Back
Top Bottom