STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Decided to do drop sets for my flat chest workout yesterday.

Did dumbbells 1 set of each - 45lbs, 8reps, dropped to 35lbs, 8reps, dropped to 25lbs 8reps, dropped to 15lbs 8 reps. Rested for 1min, and did 3 sets of 45lbs, 8 reps. Rested 1min, and did 3 sets of 45lbs, 8 reps again, my chest was on fire.

First time doing a drop sets, heard it's good for the muscle growth. I also did the same thing for incline bench and fly. As I type this my chest STILL feels it, I love feeling sore :smokin

Last edited:
I've been wanting to do a charity event. Today, a pamphlet for leukemia, and lymphoma came in. I think I'm going to register bruhs.

Also trying to redo my macros since I want to try to bulk at a slow pace, but TDEE at 3000cals seems wild to me considering I can easily gain at 2500+ with my gym frequency. Why is bulking so much more confusing than cutting?! :lol: :smh:

Id like to put on ~1lb a week, currently ~184, 5'10" 25yo and would like to do a 40/40/20 macro split

GF said my arms and shoulders look great, but chest looks "flat", I feel the same which is where deciding to drop keto and bulk comes into this equation... I WANNA BE SWOLEEE BROS!

Decided to do drop sets for my flat chest workout yesterday.

Did dumbbells 1 set of each - 45lbs, 8reps, dropped to 35lbs, 8reps, dropped to 25lbs 8reps, dropped to 15lbs 8 reps. Rested for 1min, and did 3 sets of 45lbs, 8 reps. Rested 1min, and did 3 sets of 45lbs, 8 reps again, my chest was on fire.

First time doing a drop sets, heard it's good for the muscle growth. I also did the same thing for incline bench and fly. As I type this my chest STILL feels it, I love feeling sore :smokin

Dropsets :smokin

I use them alot and have definetly seen muscle increase since

I did Intermittent Fasting for the past 3 days and lost 3.5 pounds( 208.5 to 205) . Is that a bit much or sound about right for weight loss? Some people at the office were saying I may have lost muscle.

I saw my lower abs for the first time last night:smokin

Did legs yesterday

2 sets at 315lbs 3 reps each... :smh: i wanted 4 reps....but with no spot i didn't want to risk it...but next time i will get there. Off day today...football tomorrow and hopefully chest...then soccer sunday.

When u fast n eat regular again don't u gain the weight quicker than before.

Your metabolism slows down as well.

Right?

Did legs yesterday

2 sets at 315lbs 3 reps each... :smh: i wanted 4 reps....but with no spot i didn't want to risk it...but next time i will get there. Off day today...football tomorrow and hopefully chest...then soccer sunday.

Wat kind of football? Tackle, flag, 2 hand tag?????????

Also trying to redo my macros since I want to try to bulk at a slow pace, but TDEE at 3000cals seems wild to me considering I can easily gain at 2500+ with my gym frequency. Why is bulking so much more confusing than cutting?! :lol: :smh:

Id like to put on ~1lb a week, currently ~184, 5'10" 25yo and would like to do a 40/40/20 macro split

GF said my arms and shoulders look great, but chest looks "flat", I feel the same which is where deciding to drop keto and bulk comes into this equation... I WANNA BE SWOLEEE BROS!

Did legs yesterday

Wat kind of football? Tackle, flag, 2 hand tag?????????

We play two hand touch in a league. So im usually not that tired afterward and can hit the gym after. Basically a cardio warm up :lol:

Sunday is going to be crazy. Baseball scrimmage followed by softball practice and then a basketball game at night. Monday is going to be rough.

When u fast n eat regular again don't u gain the weight quicker than before.

Your metabolism slows down as well.

Right?

how long of a fast like 24 hours?
you'll probably see a quick weight gain once you eat regular again because you got food and drink in your digestive system again more often than if you were to be doin Intermittent fasting imo

Also metabolism doesn't actually slow down when you fast it actually goes up a little for a little bit

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

Top Ten Fasting Myths Debunked (Major Update Nov 4th)

4. Myth: Fasting tricks the body into "starvation mode".

Truth

Efficient adaptation to famine was important for survival during rough times in our evolution. Lowering metabolic rate during starvation allowed us to live longer, increasing the possibility that we might come across something to eat. Starvation literally means starvation. It doesn't mean skipping a meal not eating for 24 hours. Or not eating for three days even. The belief that meal skipping or short-term fasting causes "starvation mode" is so completely ridiculous and absurd that it makes me want to jump out the window.

Looking at the numerous studies I've read, the earliest evidence for lowered metabolic rate in response to fasting occurred after 60 hours (-8% in resting metabolic rate). Other studies show metabolic rate is not impacted until 72-96 hours have passed (George Cahill has contributed a lot on this topic).

Seemingly paradoxical, metabolic rate is actually increased in short-term fasting. For some concrete numbers, studies have shown an increase of 3.6% - 10% after 36-48 hours (Mansell PI, et al, and Zauner C, et al). This makes sense from an evolutionary perspective. Epinephrine and norepinephrine (adrenaline/noradrenaline) sharpens the mind and makes us want to move around. Desirable traits that encouraged us to seek for food, or for the hunter to kill his prey, increasing survival. At some point, after several days of no eating, this benefit would confer no benefit to survival and probably would have done more harm than good; instead, an adaptation that favored conservation of energy turned out to be advantageous. Thus metabolic rate is increased in short-term fasting (up to 60 hours).

Again, I have choosen extreme examples to show how absurd the myth of "starvation mode" is - especially when you consider that the exact opposite is true in the context of how the term is thrown around.

Origin

I guess some genius read that fasting or starvation causes metabolic rate to drop and took that to mean that meal skipping, or not eating for a day or two, would cause starvation mode.

the studies linked in the article:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2405717

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10837292

Last edited:
jim stoppanis shortcut to shred starts today. anyone gonna try it??

ive never been to follow other peoples programs, but i heard this dude knows what hes talking about and if i remember correctly, he was mentioned earlier in this thread. 

Today weighed in at 245 took a massive dump at work so I'm prob less then that official weigh in is Saturday

What's crazy is in this second pic I thought I was getting ripped lol fat bum

I'm 25 lbs away from 100 lost

ive never been to follow other peoples programs, but i heard this dude knows what hes talking about and if i remember correctly, he was mentioned earlier in this thread. 

i'll read it, but i think he's probably going to suggest supplements that I'm sure he's sponsored by. all a business at BB.

Today weighed in at 245 took a massive dump at work so I'm prob less then that official weigh in is Saturday

What's crazy is in this second pic I thought I was getting ripped lol fat bum

I'm 25 lbs away from 100 lost

Keep grinding homie! I admire people that do it the right way and don't look for shortcuts...I know it's not easy, but it will all be worth it in the end.

i'll read it, but i think he's probably going to suggest supplements that I'm sure he's sponsored by. all a business at BB.

Of course, but if you know enough you should probably ignore the marketing portions. I guess it's the price of having a well paid trainer give advice for free basically.

I'll give it a look and incorporate some principles. Pretty sure he's going to preach cardioacceleration. I respect him a lot, but usually don't follow many of the supplement suggestions.

Dude knows his ish tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom