STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

That summer body motivation.
Just booked my trip to florida today too :smokin for my bday on aug 21st.

That feel of ladies double taking as you walk by on the beach....that will get me one extra rep

I'm trying to go on a slow, clean bulk. Looking to gain a solid 4-5 pounds over the course of a couple months. How much over maintenance should I eat per day?

Theoretical question: Could you use baby powder as a chalk substitute since it keeps your hands dry as well?

Frank Yang has a video where he uses protein powder as a substitute. Don't really see why you wouldn't get chalk though - it's super cheap.

I was just truly wondering. I use baby powder in the summer to keep parts of my body dry, so I was wondering whether it could work.

I got told by one of my friends last night via text that she doesn't like the new me bc I never go out and all I do is workout. At times I do miss going out and having a good time but this is serious business to me and I know once I hit my goal that stuff is still gonna be there....she'll get over it haha.

I always get told by people that I'm obsessed with my fitness as if that's a bad thing. I hate it, because I feel like I have to get condescending to have them knock it off.

People tell me I need to live a little, I have to tell them that our perspective of living is defined differently. Where people see as going to the club, and drinking as living; I see living as this fitness path. Of course, they refuse to try, and understand.

Their body, their loss.

Watched a CT Fletcher vid last night...to each his own, but that didn't really motivate me. Dude is jacked beyond belief, but it was all yelling.

Dude motivates me. I end up cursing a storm (to myself 
laugh.gif

) at the gym in his voice before I do a heavy set. 
laugh.gif

Dudes videos are motivating/hilarious.

Theres a new one on WSHH, homegirl was deadlifting for her 2nd time ever, CT goes "Its her second time deadlifting, I dont give a **** just do it." Something to that extent. Its not like her form was bad either but hes right, just do it.

He motivates the hell out of me. I just don't believe in all his philosophy. A lot of the guys in his videos are lifting weight that's too heavy with incorrect form to "just do it". Seems like a very easy way to get injured.

That last video with the pullup expert though :wow:. Then that guy comes in casually, and reps 405 DLs like it's nothing :wow:.

I'm trying to go on a slow, clean bulk. Looking to gain a solid 4-5 pounds over the course of a couple months. How much over maintenance should I eat per day?

I've heard 300-500 calories above maintenance. I'm doing about 300 above maintenance, and I'm gaining around .5 lbs per week. I can't work my chest, or shoulders out, so I'm not truly sure how much is muscle.

You ever catch up with old classmates or friends and you look at them like:

163780242.0_standard_352.0.jpg

I am in no way saying i'm better than the next person, but maintaining a quasi-healthy lifestyle (I have my vices) is essential as you get older....

my .02

lol I mean I see cats from hs here n there, guys I used to hoop with, play football with. guys that were huge and crazy built in hs, but have since stopped working out or doing anything active, when i see them now, they have like child bodies compared to mine. like dudes i used to look up to athletically are frail to me now. always makes me grin a little. i always feel like I'm on a look-at-me now episode of jenny jones lolll
Lmao I know that feel.

Bumped into a ton of people from HS last summer. Most of them let themselves go. They were all in awe of me lol. Then family events.

People always say I'm obsessed yet when they see the results they wonder what I'm doing. Herm Edwards voice HELLO?!

I am in no way saying i'm better than the next pe but maintaining a quasi-healthy lifestyle (I have my vices) is essential as you get older....r....

my .02

Couldnt agree more. Considering my lifestyle and my penchant to enjoy my vices, the gym is a necessity for me. I see it as a means of being able to go out, drink beers, eat some good food, etc. By no means will I ever be this shredded adonis but I am OK with that. Just refuse to be complacent and have balance in my life and I'll be good.

Couldnt agree more. Considering my lifestyle and my penchant to enjoy my vices, the gym is a necessity for me. I see it as a means of being able to go out, drink beers, eat some good food, etc. By no means will I ever be this shredded adonis but I am OK with that. Just refuse to be complacent and have balance in my life and I'll be good.

+1

I enjoy a good drink...I enjoy a great meal. I LOVE donuts....it goes on and on. I work hard in the gym so I can have those things every now and then and NOT feel guilty about it.

Is the Costco membership with 24 hr a one time thing? Or can you continue to purchase another card from costco once it expires?

unsalted cashews are a hell of a snack. loooow fat, low cals, no sodium, no sugar, low carbs, nice protein. I get so hungry in the after noon after lunch, my metab is spiked because of the meals, so I start fiending for food, so the key is to eat stuff that doesn't harm your gains or losses, then you can eat a lot of it. instead of reaching for candy bars and other crap, get something like nuts and fruit. I'm not big on almonds, and according to the can, the protein is the same. And just raw cashews taste delicious, and you can eat a bunch, no prob (by a bunch, I'm talking 1/4-1/2 of a cup, still have to be disciplined in moderation). not too mention, From what I've heard, eating all this fruit has my baby batter tasting like smoothie's, the shorties love it yo.

just food for thought..

unsalted cashews are a hell of a snack. loooow fat, low cals, no sodium, no sugar, low carbs, nice protein. I get so hungry in the after noon after lunch, my metab is spiked because of the meals, so I start fiending for food, so the key is to eat stuff that doesn't harm your gains or losses, then you can eat a lot of it. instead of reaching for candy bars and other crap, get something like nuts and fruit. I'm not big on almonds, and according to the can, the protein is the same. And just raw cashews taste delicious, and you can eat a bunch, no prob (by a bunch, I'm talking 1/4-1/2 of a cup, still have to be disciplined in moderation). not too mention, From what I've heard, eating all this fruit has my baby batter tasting like smoothie's, the shorties love it yo.

just food for thought..
Bruh...

:lol:

yea i tried them yesterday too....not bad. It tends to focus more on the legs and puts less stress on the back as far as i can see. Im also certain i can do more weight like this.

Is it safe to say that.. the closer your legs are in doing deadlifts? the more it focuses on the back?

If not.. Whats better for a leg workout though? Sumo or Stiffed leg?

Thanks!

just food for thought..

Welp...

You went there. :lol:

I am in no way saying i'm better than the next person, but maintaining a quasi-healthy lifestyle (I have my vices) is essential as you get older....

my .02

:lol: @ that pic. guys that i thought were huge in high school are now....not so much.

Dude motivates me. I end up cursing a storm (to myself 
laugh.gif

) at the gym in his voice before I do a heavy set. 
laugh.gif

Dudes videos are motivating/hilarious.

Theres a new one on WSHH, homegirl was deadlifting for her 2nd time ever, CT goes "Its her second time deadlifting, I dont give a **** just do it." Something to that extent. Its not like her form was bad either but hes right, just do it.

"She ain't scared like you snapcity *******"

Sooo many quotables. Straight comedy. I found the opening speech on pain to be the most motivating part. "Pain is my friend...." :pimp:

Yea the reverse grip bench press was wild.

Durden, is that cool/safe?

And what is the point other than showing off?

Theres no real problem with doing them that way, as long as you can keep the bar steady and not have it slip out of your hands. Its not the most normal motion one can do, but its not inherently dangerous.

It eliminates a lot of the shoulder stabilizing and theres less tricep involvement while locking out.

Is there a point to it? I dont see one, but I dont really see a problem with it either. The one arm BB snatch was impressive though.

Once you experience a "nice" gym, going back to a lesser gym feels like torture.

It's like many things in life, if its worthwhile or has value to you, the money doesnt seem that bad.

I think spending close to a grand on dress shoes is absurd, but others have no problem spending that money if theyre into fashion. Just like I would have no issue spending serious money on a place I spend a good amount of time.

You can also avoid some of the typical problems most places have by going to a pricier facility.

everybody has their vice, agree 100%

i rather spend money on premium food than buy retros and bright sneakers.

ppl spend more than that a month on NT easy on sneakers (175)

Absolutely. As long as it fits into ones budget, the price doesnt matter if its going towards something valued.

yea i tried them yesterday too....not bad. It tends to focus more on the legs and puts less stress on the back as far as i can see. Im also certain i can do more weight like this.

Is it safe to say that.. the closer your legs are in doing deadlifts? the more it focuses on the back?

If not.. Whats better for a leg workout though? Sumo or Stiffed leg?

Thanks!

When deadlifting sumo style, the hands are between the legs which creates a more vertical back. If the back is more vertical, it eliminates most of the hip extension used in a conventional style deadlift. When the hands are outside the legs, the back has to be more horizontal so the hands can reach the bar. More energy and strength is needed to move the back from a horizontal position to a vertical position.

The reason you can do more weight sumo style is because the bar doesnt travel as far from the ground to lockout. Your feet are wider, thus making you "smaller" and reducing the distance between the floor and the ends of your hands. It also helps that the balance of support is wider too.

Man for some reason I LOVE shoulder days. Alot of pressing exercises with some accessory work. I LOVE THE ******G BURN, BURN BABY, BURN.

I want those boulder shoulders baby.

MOTIVATION:

Last edited:
I've heard 300-500 calories above maintenance. I'm doing about 300 above maintenance, and I'm gaining around .5 lbs per week. I can't work my chest, or shoulders out, so I'm not truly sure how much is muscle.

Thanks man. I'm probably gonna shoot for 200-300 over maintenance.

Thanks zyzz, yeah I'm gonnna shoot for that range.

Anyone know of a decent way to calculate maintenance or a decent calculator that does it for you? I know there are a few out there I just don't know which are better/worse.

Anybody else get knee pain from deadlifting? I think I may have some from the bar rubbing against my knees on the way up, and down.

Anybody else get knee pain from deadlifting? I think I may have some from the bar rubbing against my knees on the way up, and down.

I rock sweats when I deadlift, if you are referring to your knees clicking Id look into something with Joint Support, if you take a Multi vitamin Orange Triad is legit.

Back
Top Bottom