STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I got told by one of my friends last night via text that she doesn't like the new me bc I never go out and all I do is workout. At times I do miss going out and having a good time but this is serious business to me and I know once I hit my goal that stuff is still gonna be there....she'll get over it haha.

I hate when people tell me that stuff as if its supposed to make me guilty lol

Yea the reverse grip bench press was wild.

Durden, is that cool/safe?

And what is the point other than showing off?

I got told by one of my friends last night via text that she doesn't like the new me bc I never go out and all I do is workout. At times I do miss going out and having a good time but this is serious business to me and I know once I hit my goal that stuff is still gonna be there....she'll get over it haha.

I hate when people tell me that stuff as if its supposed to make me guilty lol
I'm used to it at this point, lol. Between work, family, fitness, and side work, I don't have the kind of downtime that I once did to go out every minute.

Watched a CT Fletcher vid last night...to each his own, but that didn't really motivate me. Dude is jacked beyond belief, but it was all yelling.

In case anyone is interested.  It's been mentioned a few times in the past.

RackMultipart20130328-11415-53c4rf_wide.jpg

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-muscle-pharm-creatine-powder?c=all&p=79

is that true for calisthenics? Pull ups, pressups, pushups, etc?
I would say no but you can always do weighted pull ups and such if you want more of a challenge. I meant that for when it comes to bigger body parts like chest and back.

Had a killer bicep workout yesterday after I TORTURED my back. 

Felt like this when I was done:

Watched a CT Fletcher vid last night...to each his own, but that didn't really motivate me. Dude is jacked beyond belief, but it was all yelling.
Dude motivates me. I end up cursing a storm (to myself 
laugh.gif
) at the gym in his voice before I do a heavy set. 
laugh.gif

Dudes videos are motivating/hilarious.

Theres a new one on WSHH, homegirl was deadlifting for her 2nd time ever, CT goes "Its her second time deadlifting, I dont give a **** just do it." Something to that extent. Its not like her form was bad either but hes right, just do it.

Then they are going to be even more Jelly. Have a hangout session in the gym, go outside and play in the park. Play a recreational sport, is that not still considered FUN anymore. Or is drinking, smoking and partying the only way we are conditioned to have fun?

Once you experience a "nice" gym, going back to a lesser gym feels like torture.

It's like many things in life, if its worthwhile or has value to you, the money doesnt seem that bad.

I think spending close to a grand on dress shoes is absurd, but others have no problem spending that money if theyre into fashion. Just like I would have no issue spending serious money on a place I spend a good amount of time.

You can also avoid some of the typical problems most places have by going to a pricier facility.

everybody has their vice, agree 100%

i rather spend money on premium food than buy retros and bright sneakers.

ppl spend more than that a month on NT easy on sneakers (175)

Last edited:
Dude motivates me. I end up cursing a storm (to myself 
laugh.gif

) at the gym in his voice before I do a heavy set. 
laugh.gif

Dudes videos are motivating/hilarious.

Theres a new one on WSHH, homegirl was deadlifting for her 2nd time ever, CT goes "Its her second time deadlifting, I dont give a **** just do it." Something to that extent. Its not like her form was bad either but hes right, just do it.

That's the one I saw :lol:

I lost it when dude casually walked in w/ the bluetooth in his ear and deadlifted what was on the bar. :smh: :lol:

I can see how people use what he says as motivation, but it's mostly comedy to me. That doesn't work for me....

I guess a spin-off topic in here could be "What motivates you in the gym?" Not why do you work out...but what exactly motivates you to go hard when working out?

For me, it's three things:

1. People in my age group who have let themselves go. It's SOOO easy to do that, and I don't want to do that to myself.

2. New workouts. I get a lot of my workouts from BB.com. I don't look at the next day's lift until it's actually that day. It's like opening a present on X-Mas morning and it's a big surprise. I don't always follow the workout to T, but I'll make some modifications here and there to fit what I want to do for that particular day.

3. Music...you get the right playlist, you can do ANYTHING.

Steel cut oats with raspberries and almond for breakfast

Also 4 scrambled brown eggs and half of an avocado :pimp:

Then they are going to be even more Jelly. Have a hangout session in the gym, go outside and play in the park. Play a recreational sport, is that not still considered FUN anymore. Or is drinking, smoking and partying the only way we are conditioned to have fun?

Haha you described my friends in a nutshell!

I'm used to it at this point, lol. Between work, family, fitness, and side work, I don't have the kind of downtime that I once did to go out every minute.

I seriously have no time to go out these days. Wake up at 6:00 and go to work till 5pm Mon-Fri and then I'm at the gym till around 7. Get home make dinner and watch some TV and then I'm usually passing out around 11.

I guess a spin-off topic in here could be "What motivates you in the gym?" Not why do you work out...but what exactly motivates you to go hard when working out?

For me, it's three things:

1. People in my age group who have let themselves go. It's SOOO easy to do that, and I don't want to do that to myself.

I agree.

You ever catch up with old classmates or friends and you look at them like:

163780242.0_standard_352.0.jpg

I am in no way saying i'm better than the next person, but maintaining a quasi-healthy lifestyle (I have my vices) is essential as you get older....

my .02

I am in no way saying i'm better than the next person,
but maintaining a quasi-healthy lifestyle (I have my vices) is essential as you get older....

my .02
Yes you are. It is ok ....... :smokin

I am in no way saying i'm better than the next person, but maintaining a quasi-healthy lifestyle (I have my vices) is essential as you get older....

my .02

lol I mean I see cats from hs here n there, guys I used to hoop with, play football with. guys that were huge and crazy built in hs, but have since stopped working out or doing anything active, when i see them now, they have like child bodies compared to mine. like dudes i used to look up to athletically are frail to me now. always makes me grin a little. i always feel like I'm on a look-at-me now episode of jenny jones lolll

Yes you are. It is ok ....... :smokin

:lol: cmon man...

lol I mean I see cats from hs here n there, guys I used to hoop with, play football with. guys that were huge and crazy built in hs, but have since stopped working out or doing anything active, when i see them now, they have like child bodies compared to mine. like dudes i used to look up to athletically are frail to me now. always makes me grin a little. i always feel like I'm on a look-at-me now episode of jenny jones lolll

LMAOOOO

"from geek to chic"

I think that's where Rude Jude got his start...he was in the audience and used to clown the guests.

Back
Top Bottom