STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Gunna retire my gloves and buy some chalk.. where do I get it? bodybuilding.com ?

Modells and ****'s Sporting Goods dont sell it..

What is the best one to buy?

:lol: :lol:

Edit: I mean't gloves, not clothes.

Also anyone have any bodybuilding.com coupons?

Had a "protein" burger from In n Out today and it didn't do **** for me, I was hungry 2 hours later
laugh.gif
in and out has protein burgers???? since when? i h avent been there in years!

Gunna retire my gloves and buy some chalk.. where do I get it? bodybuilding.com ?

I've purchased from Sport's Authority in the past. You can check stores like Play It Again Sports too. Otherwise, you can always order online. 2 ounces should cost you $2. Get any magnesium carbonate, they're all basically the same. You can get bricks or powders, but I prefer bricks.

You might want to check with your gym's policy. If they don't allow chalk in the gym (many don't), you might want to look into "liquid chalk". You can find it online also. I've heard liquid chalks are of different qualities, but I've never used one. It might take some trial and error to find a good one.

Started having a migraine while in the gym today, could barley finish my workout. Every time I did a rep my head pounded :smh:

Fought through it and finished but damn my head is pounding.

That ever happen to anyone else? Stare with a small headache before the gym, try and shake it off and it just gets 10x worse :smh:

Do you ever stretch your neck/traps? If your neck muscles are tight/tense it can cause headaches if that's where you hold stress during your workout.

I got mine from Amazon. a pound was like 8 bucks and that should last years.

ere was one posted a couple pages back not sure if it still works, "welcome10per"

Thanks for your help, I found a bunch on Amazon, ill probably order there.. But the coupon still works.

I've purchased from Sport's Authority in the past. You can check stores like Play It Again Sports too. Otherwise, you can always order online. 2 ounces should cost you $2. Get any magnesium carbonate, they're all basically the same. You can get bricks or powders, but I prefer bricks.

You might want to check with your gym's policy. If they don't allow chalk in the gym (many don't), you might want to look into "liquid chalk". You can find it online also. I've heard liquid chalks are of different qualities, but I've never used one. It might take some trial and error to find a good one.

Do you ever stretch your neck/traps? If your neck muscles are tight/tense it can cause headaches if that's where you hold stress during your workout.
I got mine from Amazon. a pound was like 8 bucks and that should last years.

Thanks to the both of y'all. Amazon has a bunch of products.

I will probably start with a smaller size just to make sure I actually like to use chalk instead of gloves.

Any particular brands you guys recommend ?

Also a follow up question:

Chalking or bare hands while exercising is better for you in the long run right (as opposed to using gloves)? Like doesn't it improve your grip and utilize more forearm muscles? Any insight?

Been doing insanity pretty consistently for about 3 weeks now and doing moderate intensity weight lifting in the evenings (im able to do both because i work a computer job and sit 8 hrs a day)

Trying my hardest to eat healthy as aposed to being on a diet...

Trying to change my overal life style, not consume 1000 calories for 6 weeks kind of thing

Today my belt loop was really loose and im almost able to reach the next one comfortably.

Glad this crap is finally paying off.

Love reading this thread for motivation and tips.

Last edited:

Chalking or bare hands while exercising is better for you in the long run right (as opposed to using gloves)? Like doesn't it improve your grip and utilize more forearm muscles? Any insight?
chalk gives a better grip and helps cut down friction on your hands but i wouldnt say it utilizes more forearm muscles. 

No specific brand recommendations. It's mainly magnesium carbonate that does the job. Some people are picky, but the company I use has worked for years (bought at sports authority).

Chalk keeps your hands dry, which allows you to grip better, which allows you use more intensity. It's the difference between deadlifting with sweaty hands and chalked hands. Prevents early fatigue and allows higher performance. You need to work harder to hold onto things with sweaty hands compared to dry hands, preventing using heavy loads. It doesn't decrease friction. If anything, it increases the friction.

Just to throw this out there to you guys that use valsalva breathing technique - a couple weeks ago I went back to give the vasalva breathing technique a try on some heavy squats and tomorrow I'm going in to get checked out for a possible hernia. Never had any issues with old fashioned breathing in on negative and out on positive. Doctor said this could of been due to the large amount of pressure that is put on your abdominals when you lift heavy weight and hold your breath.

Last edited:
Did chest/shoulders/tri on Monday, back/bi yesterday and legs today.

Going away to Boston from Thursday-Sunday so thats a nice 4 day rest for my body. Me and my boy decided to go HAM and do a fully body (probably not legs though 
laugh.gif
) before we go on this 4 day hiatus. I'll go hard on the chest and shoulders, light on back since I just did it yesterday.

Gonna feel great. 
pimp.gif

damn $86 is crazy too. I pay $35..what else are y'all getting for the extra money? I got weights, sauna,steamroom, basketball, pool...what else is there?

Damn $175/month

My mom pays $86 a month for mine :wow:

damn $86 is crazy too. I pay $35..what else are y'all getting for the extra money? I got weights, sauna,steamroom, basketball, pool...what else is there?

good god. i hope you guys are utilizing every amenity at your gyms.

i paid $300 for 2 years for 24hr fitness thru costco. ends up being $12.50/mo. give me access to free weights and a cable machine and i'm good.

Once you experience a "nice" gym, going back to a lesser gym feels like torture.

It's like many things in life, if its worthwhile or has value to you, the money doesnt seem that bad.

I think spending close to a grand on dress shoes is absurd, but others have no problem spending that money if theyre into fashion. Just like I would have no issue spending serious money on a place I spend a good amount of time.

You can also avoid some of the typical problems most places have by going to a pricier facility.

Back
Top Bottom