STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

And I thought benching your body weight 10 times was considered "strong"

To bench 2x my body weight would 340.

Lets just say I have some work to do.... 100lbs of work lol

Man I would struggle to bench 150, and always revert back to 135 and start over. One day my i'm spotting my boy and he was doing 245, and wanted me to try that, said hell no. He said ok, 185, I did and knocked out 1st set of 10 like nothing. It's a mental thing once you have form and nutrition covered, having support helps too.

I haven't benched on a bar in a while, been doing a dumbbell bench and incline bench. Been trying to get more than the 55s up but my shoulders always hurt. always the problem I have with working out

I haven't benched on a bar in a while, been doing a dumbbell bench and incline bench. Been trying to get more than the 55s up but my shoulders always hurt. always the problem I have with working out

I'm the exact same. I went to gym with my boy the other day, i repped 60s no problem. But if I don't have a spot, getting 50s up can give my shoulder trouble. It's all about getting help to get it up for the first rep. I don't know why my shoulders are so wrecked.

I'm the exact same. I went to gym with my boy the other day, i repped 60s no problem. But if I don't have a spot, getting 50s up can give my shoulder trouble. It's all about getting help to get it up for the first rep. I don't know why my shoulders are so wrecked.

I been thinking about using DB for my incline bench and standing military press instead of barbell thoughts?

And we having a pizza party at work Friday smh

It's amazing how sincere compliments can brighten your day.   It's always nice when people notice your hard work.

On Friday, Moms told me my "gut" is looking smaller and my button downs and my cardigans are becoming too baggy on me. She said I need to invest in some "fitting" clothes. Lol leave it to a mom to be completely honest with you. 

Also when me and my girl was laying in the bed she says to much that I feel different when she holds onto to me, she said she feels the "handles" shrinking. 
nthat.gif

Only 15lbs down in about a 8 weeks and I'm ready for more, focused more than ever. 

Last edited:
And I thought benching your body weight 10 times was considered "strong"

To bench 2x my body weight would 340.

Lets just say I have some work to do.... 100lbs of work lol

I wouldnt classify doing anything 10 times as "strong", but I know what you mean.

2X bodyweight in a bench press is very good. I used to be interested in my bench numbers, but now that im more involved with throwing sports the amount of weight I bench doesnt mean much to me.

Last edited:
My mom bought me chicken breast fillet and seasoned it with lemon paper, can i just wash the lemon pepper flavor with water? I want to try a certain recipe. Anyone?

I been thinking about using DB for my incline bench and standing military press instead of barbell thoughts?

And we having a pizza party at work Friday smh

do it. I much more prefer dumbbells for all bench work. But my gym doesn't go that high in them. we stop at 115's I think. so can't really over load until you get on the bb bench. but the stretch and press I get from heavy db's is, imo, sooooo much better than with the bb. It's not even close. My strength on my bench has definitely gone up after putting work in on my shoulders and grip, forearm strength. That heavy weight would work my wrists at first. but now, I'm repping 115's on db's easily, no spot. So it's really synergistic. The sum of all parts that build towards greatness.

Last edited:

Already posted pic but I just realized I'm at about 73lbs lost being 247 now I can't wait to see myself at 200-210

Already posted pic but I just realized I'm at about 73lbs lost being 247 now I can't wait to see myself at 200-210

I've got 15 pounds left till I hit my 100lb goal and I'm so ready to get there haha. After that I'd like to sit around 205-210 so another 5-10 pounds to lose after I reach my goal.

I wouldnt classify doing anything 10 times as "strong", but I know what you mean.

2X bodyweight in a bench press is very good. I used to be interested in my bench numbers, but now that im more involved with throwing sports the amount of weight I bench doesnt mean much to me.
Those numbers are very arbitrary in my opinion. They don't account for other factors that are different with each person.

Not sure about some of you but I don't care about my lifts in correlation with my weight, I'm just tryin to look like I was cut from stone. 

Today is LEG DAY

LETS GET IT BOYS

BIG DOGS IN THE HOUSE 

WHOOOOOOOO

Last edited:
Im 5'7, 155. My bench is 140x8 max. Am i doing something wrong?

You're a beginner, train with heavier loads (relative to your maximal strength). Aim for 4-6 reps, aiming to increase weight (perhaps 5 lbs) every session. Once you can't add weight every session, add volume (going from 3x5 to 5x5 to 7x5 for example), and try to add weight then. After a while, you will need a new stimulus to stimulate gains, but beginners don't need too much variety because of various factors(nervous system isn't efficient, hypertrophy stimulated, etc.). Train heavy to get strong. Train light to get endurance.

today

1.5 mile sprint
250 kettle bell swings (16kg)
75 elevated ringrows

35 minutes.

im dead. :x

Just got done with legs....

OH BOY....****** THEM PUPPIES UP HARDCORE TO THE MAX..... getting my squat up each session best believe dat 

FELT GREAT 
pimp.gif

Now its time to go get some ballin in.

LETS GO BOYS

Cinco, how do you like the Trutein Cinnbun? :nerd: is it good? ive heard mixed reviews

To be honest,

Best protein line I've had. Cinnabun is one of my favorites, I use it in nearly everything I make with protein, from floats to those crepes, to faux "sweet breads" using that keto recipe I posted some pages back, its awesome, much MUCH better than Gasparis IMO

Have any of y'all worked out while on a vegan diet? Lately I've been watching a bunch of docs on Netflix and it really opened my eyes to a bunch of things. So I've been searching for a good hemp protein I can potentially use. I was at Trader Joes and realized their protein has more carbs than actual protein.

Vegan here. This is what I use with my morning meal every day:

http://www.truenutrition.com/p-1169-vegan-protein-optimizer-formula-1lb.aspx

I usually mix it in a bowl with hominy grits, peanut butter, banana slices, a little almond milk, and raisin bran cereal.

To be honest,

Best protein line I've had. Cinnabun is one of my favorites, I use it in nearly everything I make with protein, from floats to those crepes, to faux "sweet breads" using that keto recipe I posted some pages back, its awesome, much MUCH better than Gasparis IMO

Trutien is good but for the money I can get a better deal on Dymatize Elite Isolate, I`m thinking of making that my main protein because its great pricing and macros. I wish there were deals for Trutein in bulk since its a blend I`d just use it by its self (even though protein is protein)

Back
Top Bottom