STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I got over the whole trying to find a protein that tastes good. A good deal is more important nowadays than the taste.

I do wanna try that Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl though...

Pre workout supp

N. O. Explode
Craze
1M.R.

Which is better and at the same time I don't want to be overly amped. Any info/advice is greatly appreciated

it's ok. kinda light. pretty good for the price if you buy the 3 tubs and get the c4 for free and use a 10% discount.

i'd take craze way over those other 2 preworkouts up there. might as well take caffeine pills and a good carb preworkout meal instead of the 1mr or nox.

Jared Veldheer. Real life Hulk.

I got over the whole trying to find a protein that tastes good. A good deal is more important nowadays than the taste.

On second thought I'm going to get that...

Even if the flavor isnt great on the cinnamon swirl

It wont be chocolate.

Love chocolate... but it'll be nice to put it down after a few months. :lol:

took a preworkout (1 cap of appnut's uncut) and started walking back to our gym area and got called to do a deposition. that sucked. at least i was focused.

Going to take a break until further notice.  I think yesterday did more harm than good.  Got to realize that I'm at a point where I can miss the odd day here and there to give my body some rest and not lose any progress.  On the verge of puking all day...health #1.

One of the trainers in the gym pulled me to the side today like "hey bro you lift hard man, but how long you gonna keep up your same routine? Your boring me now bro, gotta switch it up man" :frown:

One of the trainers in the gym pulled me to the side today like "hey bro you lift hard man, but how long you gonna keep up your same routine? Your boring me now bro, gotta switch it up man" :frown:

well its true, gotta switch up routines every few months. ive done it before even though it was working for me.

I ended up getting the Cake Batter flavor of Gold Standard. Even if it sucks I'm blending it with Fruits so I shouldn't be that bad. Got tired of chocolate

well its true, gotta switch up routines every few months. ive done it before even though it was working for me.

I mean I cant think of any other exercises to do beside some wild gimmicky stuff or 1 hand alternatives of what I currently do.

it's ok. kinda light. pretty good for the price if you buy the 3 tubs and get the c4 for free and use a 10% discount.

i'd take craze way over those other 2 preworkouts up there. might as well take caffeine pills and a good carb preworkout meal instead of the 1mr or nox.
10% discount you say...

Info? 

switch things around, different schedule.

no need to do anything drastic

I mean I do an A B A B schedule with Chest, triceps, and back being A day focus, and B being biceps, delts, traps MWF split and legs each day during the split. I literally do every workout you can do besides things like power cleans because I'm not at a gym I can do something like that.

Wait, knees go past toes?

Oh, no doubt. It works really well with some movements, but its not something that can be done across the board. If im deadlifting reps of 6, around rep 4 using the valsalva maneuver I find it incredibly difficult to maintain.

Knees pass toes, yes. I know about the arguments that the various associations have made against deep knee flexion, but biomechanical analysis shows that the greatest stress on the knee occurs at and above parallel. Going below parallel has not been shown to lead to pathology in healthy individuals. Look at the training of olympic weightlifters that squat heavy, frequently, and deep. They have surprisingly low rates of ACL tears and knee injuries in general. Of course there are many other factors (mobility, soft tissue health, structural balance, muscular activation, etc.) but deep squatting with knees passing the toes is not a problem (in healthy individuals) IMO.

http://general-stuff.38656.n3.nabble.com/file/n2911800/Squat_Depth.pdf
http://www.dentonisd.org/cms/lib/tx...erything_you_need_to_know_about_Squatting.pdf

Example of the form that I am talking about:
The front foot is elevated in the video, but is not necessary. It can be useful to elevate the front (or back) foot for variation.

As far as the valsalva, I think it's best reserved for maximal attempts (1-3RM). For deadlifts, lots of people like to essentially drop the bar and miss out on the negative. For people who train like that, the valsalva maneuver can be useful.

Show him your then and now pics and tell him to **** off.

Or ask to learn something new that may beneficial....

switch things around, different schedule.

no need to do anything drastic

I mean I do an A B A B schedule with Chest, triceps, and back being A day focus, and B being biceps, delts, traps MWF split and legs each day during the split. I literally do every workout you can do besides things like power cleans because I'm not at a gym I can do something like that.

Youre definitely not doing every workout one can do. Theres SO much more than just an A/B split, especially with the way you have it broken up.

Last edited:
Or ask to learn something new that may beneficial....
Youre definitely not doing every workout one can do. Theres SO much more than just an A/B split, especially with the way you have it broken up.

certain stuff cant be done in any ol gym.

Recommend stuff than can be done wit dumbbells.

Wait, knees go past toes?

Oh, no doubt. It works really well with some movements, but its not something that can be done across the board. If im deadlifting reps of 6, around rep 4 using the valsalva maneuver I find it incredibly difficult to maintain.

Knees pass toes, yes. I know about the arguments that the various associations have made against deep knee flexion, but biomechanical analysis shows that the greatest stress on the knee occurs at and above parallel. Going below parallel has not been shown to lead to pathology in healthy individuals. Look at the training of olympic weightlifters that squat heavy, frequently, and deep. They have surprisingly low rates of ACL tears and knee injuries in general. Of course there are many other factors (mobility, soft tissue health, structural balance, muscular activation, etc.) but deep squatting with knees passing the toes is not a problem (in healthy individuals) IMO.

http://general-stuff.38656.n3.nabble.com/file/n2911800/Squat_Depth.pdf
http://www.dentonisd.org/cms/lib/tx...erything_you_need_to_know_about_Squatting.pdf

Example of the form that I am talking about:
The front foot is elevated in the video, but is not necessary. It can be useful to elevate the front (or back) foot for variation.

As far as the valsalva, I think it's best reserved for maximal attempts (1-3RM). For deadlifts, lots of people like to essentially drop the bar and miss out on the negative. For people who train like that, the valsalva maneuver can be useful.

Oh, im in 100% agreement on deep squatting. The kness passing the toes all depends on what type of squat is being performed as well.

In reference to lunges, I think the knee passing the toe depends on how the lunge is performed. If its done like the video there isnt any excess injury risk to the lead knee. If the focus of the lunge is the trail leg (unlike the video), its important that the lead knee doesnt travel too far past the toes.

Also, ankle flexibility plays a major role in the knees ability to properly flex and extend.

Got lazy and quit working out about a year ago. That stopped today, finally got back in the gym. Feels good.

Bro, people go through dozens of routines until they find one that works and some NEVER find one that works. If what you are doing gets you results then why **** with it? I can understand if you've been doing your routine for a while and you aren't seeing gainz but as long as you are seeing gainz then don't change it. Keep doing it until you hit that plateau unless you think you are already there.

Back
Top Bottom