STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Just had my first meal after a morning cardio sesh and work afterward :smokin

Shirataki carbonara
Center cut chops
Euro Greens salad
847Cal/0NetCarb/41F/96P

Satisfied...for now :lol:

For those who work 9-5 or 8-5, what do you eat / do for breakfast? I get up at 6am everyday and drive an hr to work so I have lil to no time to prep, sometimes I just skip breakfast or grab a jalapeno chedder bagel from Bruggers :smh:

For those who work 9-5 or 8-5, what do you eat / do for breakfast? I get up at 6am everyday and drive an hr to work so I have lil to no time to prep, sometimes I just skip breakfast or grab a jalapeno chedder bagel from Bruggers :smh:

I don't eat breakfast, but I would do a shake if I did and there wasn't time. Breakfast is a meal that IMO has to be fresh or not done at all.

I don't eat breakfast, but I would do a shake if I did and there wasn't time. Breakfast is a meal that IMO has to be fresh or not done at all.
How do some of yall not eat breakfast? I wake up every morning fiending egg whites. I'm mad cranky till I get my breakfast haha

How do some of yall not eat breakfast? I wake up every morning fiending egg whites. I'm mad cranky till I get my breakfast haha

Never was much of a breakfast person to begin with. I'll partake on the weekends post-workout with the GF nowadays but I never was. In the beginning of this workout life i'd have an omelet but wasn't a fan, had a fruit smoothie other days that I preferred over the eggs. Keto/IF wise I love eggs, just not at breakfast hours I guess haha

I keep oatmeal/cereal bars in my desk. I'll workout between 4:45-6, and eat when I get in to work around 7:45.

Cinco ... I did the keto chicken cordon bleu today... Ridiculously good...Who knew pork rinds could make such a good chicken breading?

Kudos for finding that

Keto has to be the most satisfying diet of all time

Bad workout today. Shoulder pain was definitely present.

be careful bruh.

i had an injury last year. i kept telling myself not to be a ***** and push threw the pain, didnt want to lose progress. :smh: there is nothing worse than being out the gym for months and basically starting over because you didnt listen to your body. rest if you need it.

this. breakfast changed my life.

Cinco ... I did the keto chicken cordon bleu today... Ridiculously good...Who knew pork rinds could make such a good chicken breading?

Kudos for finding that

Keto has to be the most satisfying diet of all time

:smokin Glad to be of some help. Hit up "Reddit Ketorecipes" and witness all the loveliness i've encountered, it was where I found the recipe to tonight's Carbonara

And you're right, it's the best "diet" ever.

Last edited:
I use to wake up early to eat breakfast. Found my self still being sleepy and tired. Now that extra hour is spent resting and being that I'm doing IF and eat so many calories in the evening my body is usually still digesting what I ate the day before when I wake up

Been eating out all week because my oven broke and haven't gotten a new one. Had a whole chicken with a side of beans, rice and plantians peruvian style at this spot called Pio Pio. Their chicken is delicious.

Shots fired at you non breakfast eaters lol

Breakfast for dinner >*

**** pics... But these were tonights meals.

Pic 1: Shirataki carbonara and pork chops
Pic 2: sauteed "Euro greens'" salad mix (Kale, chard, spinach, turnip greens) with chopped chops and fajita chicken sausage, 4 egg omelet with scotch bonnet sauce beaten in, with chipotle cheddar cheese

It takes two minutes to microwave oatmeal, and one minute to eat it. How do you not have time for that?
Which oatmeal tho? I know not steel cut, them ***** take like 30-45mins to cook.

Speaking of which, since my Belvita Apple Cinniamon Breakfeast Bisquit got recalled by Nabsico ( they found metal fragments in them :wow: :lol: )

I bought this

Anybody try this?

Might do 1 day week of maintenance on this cut... I still managed to lose 2lbs this week. :D

@breakfast

I'm all about that IF life now. Changed my life in '09. I used to believe all that 6 meals a day to stoke the metabolism, take a protein shake right immediately after workout or else you lose muscle, eat casein/cottage cheese before going to sleep to avoid catabolism. That **** was stressful man. Gotta give it to Martin Berkhan for exposing all that broscience

I sorta did do IF in high school though never really ate lunch or breakfast

Last edited:
I mostly lurk this thread but I have been going to the gym hard so I guess I feel like its ok to contribute :lol:

For breakfast I usually have non-fat Greek yogurt, and I add some granola to that. There's this granola that safeway sells that has protein in it.

Or i'll have apple sauce (without added sugar) and then i'll throw some of that granola in it.

Wash it down with black coffee, green tea or ginger root tea. It may not seem like much, but I have noticed a spike in my energy and I don't have the urge to snack on crap before lunch that I once had.

last year, after that work out I did work on strict muscle ups for a while. I did have them and could do multiples when I wasn't fatigued (I did work on them after classes when I was fatigued). one of my coaches turned down a scholarship for a gymnastics team to join the military so we do a lot of gymnastics things on a weekly basis (although, like I said..I've only been lifting for the past couple months doing random met-cons here and there).

I really really like Oly-Lifting..thats why I usually stick with it..but man am I getting fat & slow haha

I understand what you're saying, but I'm definitely nowhere near being a top level athlete haha..those people are monsters. I thoroughly enjoy olympic weightlifting

Even if you don't want to be an elite crossfit games competitor, there is more than that. There are many people that have only done crossfit 'wods' for years and still can't do basic gymnastic movements like handstands and strict muscle ups. What's the point of being a crossfitter if you have to scale every session? If you want to avoid that trap, take the multi-specialization approach.

You can include some conditioning after your O-lifting. Specializing doesn't mean that your conditioning has to suffer, but you may want to be more thoughtful about the movements that you choose for these sessions.

Man started upping my cardio a bit. I was doing so good with weight gain. I was up to 185lb 2 weeks ago. Down to 180 now though. This is always what happens during soccer season for me. It's hard to keep the calories up when you are burning 400cal in cardio a day in cardio. Really hope my strength doesn't deteriorate.

For the breakfast I hard boil eggs Sunday night and take one a day for breakfast with my Greek yogurt. It's quick easy and portable. That up at 5am struggle

Last edited:
Can't wait til Sunday, CARB UP DAY!

Had an awesome workout this morning, great way to begin the week. GET IT FELLAS!

Last edited:
For breakfast, I usually just have some toast with peanut butter for some protein and it keeps me full for a good amount of the day.  I also grind up some apples, celery and carrots in the morning.  Once in a while, I'll have a boiled egg.

Back
Top Bottom