STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Nah, I know what he means. (I think)

There are places in my area where its more of a "scene" than it is people seriously exercising.

Girls wearing tons of makeup, guys there just to hit on girls, etc.

Ahh, well in that case my LAF of choice is bad in that way in the afternoon hours :lol: :lol:

...the perks of going at 5am. Nothin' but old folks hitting the ab machines hard and swinging away in the racquetball courts haha

Thinking of going from a complete Keto diet to Cyclical Ketogenic Diet after this program

Hmm

Last edited:

There are places in my area where its more of a "scene" than it is people seriously exercising.

who cares? why pay attention to that, if they got weights, go do your thing.

every gym has weird people, kids who stand around on their phones and talk for hours without lifting a weight. Girls who wear make up like they are going on.

who cares, im referring to PF too. I dont see a problem, thats just me tho.

Gonna try to go into a 30 day Paleo diet in April....no grains, dairy or sugar....how is this possible!

every gym has weird people, kids who stand around on their phones and talk for hours without lifting a weight. Girls who wear make up like they are going on.

I didnt say I cared. I was pointing out how a gym can be "hipster".

I got in an accident on valentines day and I didnt want to accept the signs, but now I have to admit I have a pinched nerve.

I cant work out my back/arms and thats what I mostly do because of my knee issue.

THIS SUCKS

Well ya, but gyms tend to cater towards their clients in terms of what equipment they provide. I'm guessing that most "hipster" gyms lack adequate amounts of squat racks, dumbbells that go up high enough, special toys like prowler sleds, bumper plates etc.. True, higher quality equipment isn't necessary to make gains, but it certainly helps.

Gonna try to go into a 30 day Paleo diet in April....no grains, dairy or sugar....how is this possible!
shoooooott good luck man. 

i just couldnt do that. Im all about that health life, but ive never been able to follow a strict diets. i eat really healthy, but ive been good at cutting out a certain group of food. 

Well ya, but gyms tend to cater towards their clients in terms of what equipment they provide. I'm guessing that most "hipster" gyms lack adequate amounts of squat racks, dumbbells that go up high enough, special toys like prowler sleds, bumper plates etc.. True, higher quality equipment isn't necessary to make gains, but it certainly helps.

Also gyms get packed when it is a social event. People standing around taking half an hour to finish at the bench cause its 6 people talking away. I need to man up and wake up in the morning and hit the gym in the morning.

^^Best decision I ever made, no waiting on others to "finish" their sets, no social butterflies, none of that ****. People there at those hours are there with the right state of mind, getting their workouts in and moving on with their day

^^Best decision I ever made, no waiting on others to "finish" their sets, no social butterflies, none of that ****. People there at those hours are there with the right state of mind, getting their workouts in and moving on with their day

Reminded this dude came up to me in the locker room and told me

"Don't take this the wrong but you know what, you're cool, everytime I see you here I notice that you're not here to socialize and talk like other people you go straight to your workout and hit the weights"

felt kinda cool I guess lol

I've been lifting weights @ night around 8ish-10 and in the morning do cardio.

Gotta start lifting in the morning again soon cuz my job is gonna start next month. Tried working out 6 or 7 am before was definitely weaker probably because Im still tired that time.

Last edited:
People joke on crossfit, but some of these excersice are the business...all I was able to do was 142 wall balls and I feel like I worked my entire body...legs, back, shoulder and arms are sore right now..
this games season has been HORRIBLE for me. got lower than last year, finished my wall balls almost 1min and 30seconds behind last year and failed my three tries at a muscle up. I keep wanting to blame the fact that I was hung over (I was hung over when I did it last year too lollolol) and the fact that I've been spending the past half a year just Olympic Lifting..but still! super disappointed.

anyone think of a way i can give a box full of supps away? lol

never done a give away befre

I was really excited to start my 4 day lifting split today, but I got to thinking. I think I'll stick with Starting Strength for a few more weeks/months. Reason is, I have this banged up shoulder, so I wouldn't be able to perform at full potential 2/4 days of the week: chest and shoulders day.

I figure once my shoulder heals, I can go do a split.

Minor set back for now for a future come up later.

Bad workout today. Shoulder pain was definitely present. For dumbbell shoulder presses, are you guys' arms perpindicular to your body, or slightly forward? I'm asking because with my arms perpindicular to my body, I felt shoulder pain with every rep. However, with my arms slightly forward, I didn't.

As for my split, I'm putting that on hold, and restructuring this Starting Strength routine. Should be no reason I'm in the gym for close to 3 hours every day, even though it's from the abundance of accessory workouts. I'm going to slim my sessions out by getting rid of a lot of stuff.

Workout A:

Squats: 5x5
SLDL/RDL: 5x5
Pushups: 3x1 minute intervals.
Seated Row: 3x8
Lat Pulldown: 3x8
Hyperextensions: 3x10
Elbow/Knee DB External Rotation: 3x?? each arm.
Trap 3 Raise: 3x?? each arm.

Workout B:

Squats 5x5
Power Squat: 3x5
Shoulder Presses: 3x8
Incline Dumbbell Curls: 3x8
Preacher Curls: 3x8

Workout C:

Squats 5x5
Dumbbell Shrugs: 3x8
Triceps Pulldown: 3x8
Reverse Grip Triceps Pulldown: 3x8
Face Pulls: 2 cycles

While I'm recovering, I'm going to use the above routine. Similar to Starting Strength, I'll be squatting every time I hit the gym. I'm limiting my deadift to once a week however. Different accessories every day apart from the external rotations.

Last edited:
this games season has been HORRIBLE for me. got lower than last year, finished my wall balls almost 1min and 30seconds behind last year and failed my three tries at a muscle up. I keep wanting to blame the fact that I was hung over (I was hung over when I did it last year too lollolol) and the fact that I've been spending the past half a year just Olympic Lifting..but still! super disappointed.

Have you ever trained specifically for a muscle up? I don't mean just doing kipping muscle ups and hoping that it will one day lead to a strict muscle up. There is a much more intelligent way to approach this sort of training(O-lifting, gymnastics, etc).

Crossfit will NOT get you anywhere with gymnastic strength training. No strict muscle ups, planches, levers, handstands, one arm chin up, etc. These are all skills and you will not get anywhere with them if you treat them exclusively as strength movements. It's like playing checkers and expecting it to transfer to chess.

If you notice, all of the successful, top crossfit games competitors have specialized in the past. If you want to be better at this, you need to focus on one area for a while. I would recommend picking O-lifting or gymnastics and stick with it for a year, get good at the movements. Then, maintain those gains and focus on the other skill set. You're on the right path by focusing on O-lifting for the last 6 months, keep doing it.

Just finished a run. Windy *** day today. Slowed me down more than I thought it would. Sitting here drinking water with a bag of frozen peas on my knees

Just KILLED shoulders today, ended with some trap work.

FELT GREAT 
pimp.gif

Have you ever trained specifically for a muscle up? I don't mean just doing kipping muscle ups and hoping that it will one day lead to a strict muscle up. There is a much more intelligent way to approach this sort of training(O-lifting, gymnastics, etc).

Crossfit will NOT get you anywhere with gymnastic strength training. No strict muscle ups, planches, levers, handstands, one arm chin up, etc. These are all skills and you will not get anywhere with them if you treat them exclusively as strength movements. It's like playing checkers and expecting it to transfer to chess.

If you notice, all of the successful, top crossfit games competitors have specialized in the past. If you want to be better at this, you need to focus on one area for a while. I would recommend picking O-lifting or gymnastics and stick with it for a year, get good at the movements. Then, maintain those gains and focus on the other skill set. You're on the right path by focusing on O-lifting for the last 6 months, keep doing it.
last year, after that work out I did work on strict muscle ups for a while. I did have them and could do multiples when I wasn't fatigued (I did work on them after classes when I was fatigued). one of my coaches turned down a scholarship for a gymnastics team to join the military so we do a lot of gymnastics things on a weekly basis (although, like I said..I've only been lifting for the past couple months doing random met-cons here and there).

I really really like Oly-Lifting..thats why I usually stick with it..but man am I getting fat & slow haha

I understand what you're saying, but I'm definitely nowhere near being a top level athlete haha..those people are monsters. I thoroughly enjoy olympic weightlifting

Back
Top Bottom