STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

anyone have any good sugegstions on getting rid of the love handles? my stomach is flattening out but the lovehandles dont seem to want to leave

Hold 15 pound dumbells in each hand and let your arms rest while standing. Then slide down one hand at a time to mid thigh. 50 reps each side after stomach workouts (every visit depending on your program) works great for love handles. Just keep the weight low as this is only for toning not building.

Hold 15 pound dumbells in each hand and let your arms rest while standing. Then slide down one hand at a time to mid thigh. 50 reps each side after stomach workouts (every visit depending on your program) works great for love handles. Just keep the weight low as this is only for toning not building.

appreciate it. i have been doing this but with heavier weights. not sure why i wasnt going for reps instead.

I'm starting IF today. My window for food is from 8am to 1pm. The only glitch is that after my workouts at 9pm I'm going to have 2 scoops of Hydrowhey protein for muscle recovery.

I'm starting IF today. My window for food is from 8am to 1pm. The only glitch is that after my workouts at 9pm I'm going to have 2 scoops of Hydrowhey protein for muscle recovery.
Thats not really IF'ing then. Either move your eating window after your workout or workout earlier. The thing with intermittent fasting is, after your workout your natural HGH levels go up dramatically & taking in any sort of calories directly after disrupts all of that. 

Your natural HGH will be more than enough for muscle recovery. Your body is smarter than you think & knows what your trying to do. Just let it happen naturally. 

Besides if you really want to have those 2 scoops of hydrowhey, use it to break your fast at 8am. Thats what I usually do.

I'm sorry, but this will NOT help you lose your love handles. There is no such thing as spot reducing when losing weight.

Key to losing love handles : Lose more weight. Whether is be through cardio, diet, or strenuous working out.

im thinking of doing a give away, not sure to keep it in here or make a separate thread.

its pretty much a bunch of supps and samples i have that i knew i wasnt going to use and its some good stuff but not sure how to give it away.

appreciate it if you guys could help me out.

I'm sorry, but this will NOT help you lose your love handles. There is no such thing as spot reducing when losing weight.

Key to losing love handles : Lose more weight. Whether is be through cardio, diet, or strenuous working out.

I hate the truth to this..

:wow:

not the answer i wanted to get lol

im thinking of doing a give away, not sure to keep it in here or make a separate thread.

its pretty much a bunch of supps and samples i have that i knew i wasnt going to use and its some good stuff but not sure how to give it away.

I was thinking of doing one too but they ain't sups, a couple random things I don't need. I didn't really wanna do it for all of general tho cuz I want it to be to someone whose tryna improve their life somehow, not just some kid who gonna resale :lol:

Anyways, maybe have people post a picture doin a good deed? Or post the last good deed they did (I guess u just gotta trust them)...randomly select someone out of that group? Idk. But if you think of something let me know maybe we can do a collab giveaway.

I might start doing incline bench over flat bench. I have shoulder problems, and it gets agitated every time I flat bench. Anybody else do that?

That's a sign of a problem and you should address it. That doesn't mean you should always have supine pressing in your routines (like bench presses, DB press, etc.), but the fact that it hurts for you to do it indicates a big problem. It could be structural imbalances(weak muscles), mobility issues, adhesions, etc.

I'd recommend you focus on:
1. Strengthening your external rotators and lower trapezius. Look up Charles Poliquin's structural balance, you should be able to use 10% of your 1RM bench press for 8 reps on each: seated db external rotation and 45 degree trap-3 raise.
2. Self-myofascial release for the upper body, massage (sports, deep tissue, trigger point), or Active Release Techniques (ART).
3. Mobility work to focus on stretching the pecs, anterior deltoids, and the rest of the anterior shoulder. Skin the cats and shoulder flex pulls () are a good place to start

Take a few weeks or months off from bench pressing. Instead, focus on your weak links, overhead and incline pressing, and mobility work. By the time you return to bench pressing, your strength should increase, despite not doing any direct work on it.

Thats not really IF'ing then. Either move your eating window after your workout or workout earlier. The thing with intermittent fasting is, after your workout your natural HGH levels go up dramatically & taking in any sort of calories directly after disrupts all of that. 

Your natural HGH will be more than enough for muscle recovery. Your body is smarter than you think & knows what your trying to do. Just let it happen naturally. 

Besides if you really want to have those 2 scoops of hydrowhey, use it to break your fast at 8am. Thats what I usually do.

Research is pretty clear on the efficacy of post workout feeding. I would recommend that if nothing else, you take those 2 scoops of whey post workout.

There is nothing magical about intermittent fasting, the benefits come because of how hard it is to overeat (clean foods) in a short feeding window. Yes, it changes hormonal profile, but not necessarily for the better... I was a follower of IF long before it became popular and abandoned it a few years back. It doesn't support optimal performance or training twice per day. Plus, the way most people practice it makes it just fasting, with nothing intermittent about their patterns.

Can't believe I didn't start adding dumbbell shrugs to my workout before I just started about a month ago. My traps are loving them :pimp:

Idk, I do shrugs with 60-75 pound dumbells, but dudes way bigger than me weight wise and muscle wise only do like 50 pound dumbells, makes me wonder if I'm putting to much stress on my traps

Repped Raj on his post regarding IF. I personally love it, but what I love is the fact it contains my old habit of overeating throughout the day, and I now as a result of IF am almost always playing catch-up to hit my macros

[

1. Strengthening your external rotators and lower trapezius. Look up Charles Poliquin's structural balance, you should be able to use 10% of your 1RM bench press for 8 reps on each: seated db external rotation and 45 degree trap-3 raise.
2. Self-myofascial release for the upper body, massage (sports, deep tissue, trigger point), or Active Release Techniques (ART).
3. Mobility work to focus on stretching the pecs, anterior deltoids, and the rest of the anterior shoulder. Skin the cats and shoulder flex pulls () are a good place to start

You swear by everything he says, huh? He's the only guy ive ever seen you mention.

Plus grabbing a dumbbell on both hands defeats the porpuse of the exercise, if you take one on both hands you make a natural balance and don't work the oblique the correct way.

Idk, I do shrugs with 60-75 pound dumbells, but dudes way bigger than me weight wise and muscle wise only do like 50 pound dumbells, makes me wonder if I'm putting to much stress on my traps
i see plenty of guys "shrugging" the 100#+ dummbells but working their face muscles more than anything :lol:
i use the 45-60# dumbells and shrug up and back and squeeze and contract at the top - imagine my shoulder blades trying to pinch together. feels much better than just bouncing up and down with heavier weights.

been slowly dropping some fat at about 1-2#/week. drinking a shake has been helping my cravings for sweets. been drinking this protein and it tastes amazing. people might complain about the price and profile but it works great for me :nthat:

Just declare me the winner... Lol

Matter of fact I'm just curious about preworkouts these days...haven't used one since NO Xplode like 4 or 5 years ago. Don't really feel like buying one but if you have some to give away....

I might start doing incline bench over flat bench. I have shoulder problems, and it gets agitated every time I flat bench. Anybody else do that?

That's a sign of a problem and you should address it. That doesn't mean you should always have supine pressing in your routines (like bench presses, DB press, etc.), but the fact that it hurts for you to do it indicates a big problem. It could be structural imbalances(weak muscles), mobility issues, adhesions, etc.

Take a few weeks or months off from bench pressing. Instead, focus on your weak links, overhead and incline pressing, and mobility work. By the time you return to bench pressing, your strength should increase, despite not doing any direct work on it.

Research is pretty clear on the efficacy of post workout feeding. I would recommend that if nothing else, you take those 2 scoops of whey post workout.

There is nothing magical about intermittent fasting, the benefits come because of how hard it is to overeat (clean foods) in a short feeding window. Yes, it changes hormonal profile, but not necessarily for the better... I was a follower of IF long before it became popular and abandoned it a few years back. It doesn't support optimal performance or training twice per day. Plus, the way most people practice it makes it just fasting, with nothing intermittent about their patterns.

I know how it happened... I had a shoulder injury that I thought I fully recovered from. It doesn't hurt when I do dumbbell shoulder presses. Flat bench is the only lift I know of that agitates it.

Back
Top Bottom