STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Getting colorful right now.

If you are just starting off my best advice is to seek out the biggest person at the gym and go talk to them. They are ALWAYS more than happy to talk about how they got so swole. The most intimidating people are often the nicest and it will save you a ton of time doing things that aren't helping you towards your goals.

Ehhhh I somewhat agree but be careful with this approach, sometimes the biggest dudes are ********. Look up Malcom Marshall, he played for the Jets and is now a pro and occasionally comes to my gym, I have hear that he isn't the most friendly...
so why don't you talk to him and see if it's true...?

Saw 2 wild gym species last night and thought of y'all. Two dudes who were obviously new to the gym and were in there playing around and laughing/fake screaming. One dude grabbed some dumbells and stood directly beside the bench I was on and started curling and was in my way while I was trying to warm up so I asked buddy if he could step up or move over (word to Instagram) because there was plenty of space instead of him being right up on the bench I was using. Then I saw the fitness model IG chicks later on recording each other using equipment. These chicks had makeup done fake eyelashes and everything on and recorded each other doing one set on each machine they used before they bounced :lol:. Didn't even break a sweat. I made an unintentional cameo in one of the vids I shoulda asked what her handle was and followed her lol.

so why don't you talk to him and see if it's true...?
Why don't you talk to these hands? 
laugh.gif

Ive only ran into him one time and I looked at him and said the racks were to close together because he was doing stiff legs on the smith and I was doing pin press in the power rack and the damn bars were about to touch 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
One thing I do see that never fails to put me in tears is guys using the rope pull down to practice their Kung fu. I understand you may want those fists of fury and it does resemble some kind of double speed bag contraption but there's literally pictures right there on how to use it. Couple older guys at my gym never fail to give that rope the mitts lmfao lat pull downs too actually. I mean there's no way that you've never seen anybody use it properly like why are you swinging around on it?

Last edited:
One thing I do see that never fails to put me in tears is guys using the rope pull down to practice their Kung fu. I understand you may want those fists of fury and it does resemble some kind of double speed bag contraption but there's literally pictures right there on how to use it. Couple older guys at my gym never fail to give that rope the mitts lmfao lat pull downs too actually. I mean there's no way that you've never seen anybody use it properly like why are you swinging around on it?
:lol: we got plenty of dudes i see go full felon fights on the rope handles with sst sssst sst sound effects and all. not supposed to shadowbox here at work so they always stop as soon as they see me coming up the sidewalk then grab the rope and start yanking.

So I usually do this routine to warmup:

and this former IFBB pro who trains at my gym and I were talking about training and he harped on his warmup: 100 straight reps on the leg press (no racking the weight, can pause if need be). Gave it a shot today... not bad

I have never seen anyone fight the tricep rope thing. :lol:

I did see a dude doing flips on the rings before. Then he accidentally ripped it off the ceiling trying to adjust the height and bounced.

I have never seen anyone fight the tricep rope thing. :lol:.
I was just about to say this :rofl:

Nothing really crazy happens at my LA Fitness. I go to one of the smaller, older locations because its not too crowded though. There is this one old guy thats pretty ripped for his age that always wears sandals and trains younger women :rolleyes

Ehhhh I somewhat agree but be careful with this approach, sometimes the biggest dudes are ********. Look up Malcom Marshall, he played for the Jets and is now a pro and occasionally comes to my gym, I have hear that he isn't the most friendly...
you mean brandon marshall????

But I agree... the best place for advice imo is Youtube. learned a lot from ogus, chris jones, and even the hodgetwins (back in their prime) 
laugh.gif

you mean brandon marshall????

But I agree... the best place for advice imo is Youtube. learned a lot from ogus, chris jones, and even the hodgetwins (back in their prime) 
laugh.gif
Nah bro Malcom.... Brandon don't even look like he lift really 
laugh.gif

This guy.

Last edited:
Played some indoor soccer tonight, I've definitely got more stamina since I started eating cleaner and doing more cardio beginning late November. Haven't seen too much weight loss (5-6 lbs) but I feel better

Volume squat and shoulder morning. :x :smh:

Feel like I'm about to throw up, but glad it's over.

Shouts to all the resolutioners using all the cardio machines and leaving the free weight area spacious.

If only they knew that resistance training + caloric deficit would give them basically double the results

I can't walk.

5x5 front squats @185

Too many dl to count. Some sets at 315, one at 405 then a bunch of pause dl at 225.

Back
Top Bottom