STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I've noticed an interesting quirk in my snatch that I haven't picked up. Most people set up at a certain width when they begin and their feet get wider in the catch. My feet get narrower in the catch position. Interesting.

Tomorrow, I'm working at light percentages so I'll see if cuing myself to get wider in the catch will help

Last edited:
Someone asked to work in with me while I was on pec deck

Then I asked someone to work in while they did squats. I was doing OHP.

No fights. No conflicts. Y'all got some
Crazy scenarios or whole lotta A holes at y'all gyms

Someone asked to work in with me while I was on pec deck

Then I asked someone to work in while they did squats. I was doing OHP.

No fights. No conflicts. Y'all got some
Crazy scenarios or whole lotta A holes at y'all gyms
Yep and my gym is really like the jungle out here, kind of rough crowd and I haven't seen anything remotely close to some drama go on. Only one dude there I really don't like and I think he hates white guys that are stronger than him.

Yep and my gym is really like the jungle out here, kind of rough crowd and I haven't seen anything remotely close to some drama go on. Only one dude there I really don't like and I think he hates white guys that are stronger than him.

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Other than that 1 old guy that wouldnt let me work in on lat pulldowns that one time and people doing weird exercises, the strangest thing someone said to me was an old guy asked me if i was Syrian just out the blue :lol:. I was so confused i said naw, are you? And he left me alone lol.

Oh and that broad telling me not to squat/DL in socks. But f her im out here in my nike socks.

I seen a dude at my gym roll in with a hover board and attempt to do a BB squat while balancing on the board. Had the whole gym surrounding him like a circus act

All this gym etiquette talk reminded of when this dude knocked over this guys bag of chalk at my gym when we were DLing. Homie confronted him and told him to watch where hes going, cause the bag of chalk wasnt even in his way, he just didnt see it, but this guy just kept walking and nothing.

If he had stopped and said "yo my bad man" dude would've let it go...but nope.

I just drop the bar too. No one at my gym sets it down.

Started dl at 135 1.5 years ago. I pulled 425 yesterday no schweat. Shooting for 500 within 3 months to bump my total to 1040 with a 225 bench. :lol:

Team legs and back.
Trying to race?

So it annoys you that someone ask you to work in with you or how many sets you got left? What you built the gym? You brought the equipment from home or you pay more than the next man?
:rofl:

Only altercation I had is a dude saw me, bumped into me on purpose while walking past each other, then tried to press me about it all loud and belligerent. I'm like YOU bumped into ME. This is the same guy who tried to tell me I wasn't on a power rack because a weight was off on one side [emoji]128528[/emoji]

Let's just say he's very respectful now.

Besides that, 4 years and never had a problem once with anyone in my gym.

Everyone asks how many sets, can they work in, etc. No one cares. We all trying to get it. That's why I like the people at my gym.

The only ones who won't ask and will just wait far in the back are a couple of new white dudes. Lmao.

Only alterations I had was with the gym management/ employees when my gym first open.. Luckily all of those management/employees got fired..

No problems now.. 3 years later..

Thanks. I'll get it next time. Wasn't planning on it people just were like try more weight!

How's ed coen going?

Other than the circuits not bad :lol:. Tbh they're not all that bad its just trying to maneuver and work in/around with others while keeping that 90sec rest.

Only alterations I had was with the gym management/ employees when my gym first open.. Luckily all of those management/employees got fired..

No problems now.. 3 years later..
I wish the owner of my gym would fire himself.

Dude's an idiot and a cornball. Then he wonders why he barely gets new members.

ahat ahat yeah it's nice when you have the space to just set it all up by a rack.

soundview soundview
What are you at now? I'm down to race.
Same as you bro. 435. I had to pull 425x2 yesterday. Headphones fell down second rep and I wasted time throwing them off and failed. But I'm at 435. I pulled 425x2 3 weeks ago.

I wanted 500 by June. Seems reasonable.

Last edited:
I can totally relate to the f***ery that goes on in commercial gyms. It is bad at my LA fitness..Which LA do you lift at jking0821 jking0821 ?

LA fitness in gambrills MD, waugh chapel shopping center

i am there half the time and at the MAC in harbor east baltimore the other half. My girl lives in odenton so i joined LA to be near here. Commercial gyms are a different world thats for sure

Same as you bro. 435. I had to pull 425x2 yesterday. Headphones fell down second rep and I wasted time throwing them off and failed. But I'm at 435. I pulled 425x2 3 weeks ago.

I wanted 500 by June. Seems reasonable.
Im gonna get you burnt cornbread strong

Back
Top Bottom