STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

If you set it down nicely you work your hamstrings and *** more.

I thought you weren't supposed to "squat" the weight down when you're deadlifting doe
I just throw it down when the set is done. F that ***** *** barbell

if there is one thing ive learned that if its not necessary and can be avoided in the gym its just avoid it.

from "do you mind if i work in with you man" "Just wait your turn bro!"

"are you done with this bench man?" "Does it look like im done?!?"

And obviously being a new person to the gym i didn't want to "gymtimidate" any one. I just casually comment about it on the internet. It wasn't life altering, they will figure it out.

and the LA fitness benches are anchored to the ground. Its kind of annoying at times but not that big of a deal really at least you know no one is going to put one right up to the DB rack

You have had people say that kind of stuff to you? 

Like I've said before I haven't had any kind of encounters like that in any gym I've been to. Now watch it happen tonight.

The gym is like the jungle bros you gotta be ready to throw down at all times otherwise you are the prey and will get eaten. 

:lol:
sometimes you gotta throw a quarter plate at someone head so they know you mean business, right babe?

I just drop the bar too. No one at my gym sets it down.

Started dl at 135 1.5 years ago. I pulled 425 yesterday no schweat. Shooting for 500 within 3 months to bump my total to 1040 with a 225 bench. :lol:

Team legs and back.

if there is one thing ive learned that if its not necessary and can be avoided in the gym its just avoid it.

from "do you mind if i work in with you man" "Just wait your turn bro!"
"are you done with this bench man?" "Does it look like im done?!?"

And obviously being a new person to the gym i didn't want to "gymtimidate" any one. I just casually comment about it on the internet. It wasn't life altering, they will figure it out.

and the LA fitness benches are anchored to the ground. Its kind of annoying at times but not that big of a deal really at least you know no one is going to put one right up to the DB rack
I hate when people do that or when they ask how many sets I have left.

Seriously, just wait your ******* turn and stop bothering me. Everytime people ask me how many sets I have left, I just say "a lot."

I was on leg extensions once and these two fitness girls were having a damn photoshoot with a professional photographer..

im resting between my set on the machine and she goes up to me and asks how many sets I had left 
indifferent.gif

I said "a lot" but I only had 2 sets left. so they go on the hamstring machine right next to me and start doing their photoshoot. the photographer's damn flash was annoying my eyes and it was pissing me off. quickly finished my 2 sets and lefts 
mean.gif
 5 min later I look back, and their on the leg extension doing a damn photoshoot.

thats once thing I hate about my gym... since its a pretty dope golds gym, everybody wants to be some damn fitness instagram person or ****. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
So it annoys you that someone ask you to work in with you or how many sets you got left? What you built the gym? You brought the equipment from home or you pay more than the next man?

I ask people all the time if they have a lot of sets left, if they got 1 or 2 left ill chill and wait for the equipment if its a lot and they just started ill go do other stuff in the mean time.

I was on leg extensions once and these two fitness girls were having a damn photoshoot with a professional photographer..

im resting between my set on the machine and she goes up to me and asks how many sets I had left :stoneface:

I said "a lot" but I only had 2 sets left. so they go on the hamstring machine right next to me and start doing their photoshoot. the photographer's damn flash was annoying my eyes and it was pissing me off. quickly finished my 2 sets and lefts :smh:  5 min later I look back, and their on the leg extension doing a damn photoshoot.

thats once thing I hate about my gym... since its a pretty dope golds gym, everybody wants to be some damn fitness instagram person or ****. :smh:  

You should've bagged her, my g :lol:

Yesterday I seen a guy at the gym try to bench 2 plates withiut the safely clip things on the bar. A dude went up to him and tried to help him out but the guy got mad was like "I know what I'm doing". After 3reps, the plates started to slide down and he lost balance and all the weights slid off the bar

Although I get what he is saying about people just being tools when they come in there, that might be a little upsetting. To just say that stuff when someone asks to just work one with you or how many sets you got left is ridiculous. I get that instance with the photoshoot could be a distraction, but some people are there for the same reason. Dang man.....

Yesterday I seen a guy at the gym try to bench 2 plates withiut the safely clip things on the bar. A dude went up to him and tried to help him out but the guy got mad was like "I know what I'm doing". After 3reps, the plates started to slide down and he lost balance and all the weights slid off the bar

Who gets a mad when a fitness tr@mp is taking pictures hahaha.

I bench without clips all the time. I did see a dude trying to bench yesterday and as he came down about halfway his middle section of his body shot up to touch the bar and then press it the rest of the way up. His gainz not mine.

I don't ever have gym beef, the only thing about January that's crazy to me is the influx of people doing **** that make no damn sense. This is when I see the most cringeworthy squats, it kind of irks me.

Today I saw a guy using the plastic shoulder attachment on the squat rack...I seen it before on the ground but never seen anyone actually use it. This dude put 225 on and proceeded to do pathetic quarter squats. Then had the nerve to go 315 [emoji]128514[/emoji] Smh. Which was even worse. Velcro belt and all. I was on the treadmill and he was right in my line of sight.

Also saw this old guy at the adjustable vertical cable thing that people do tri's and bi's. He had a small bar attached at the top setting. Was practicing his round house kicks and then punches to the bar.

On a good note pulled 445 for a pr [emoji]128293[/emoji]

For those that tried IF:

How did you start?
Do you workout while fasting?
Do you still drink beer/wine/liquor?
your advice to someone that never did IF

I am active. I hit the gym at least 3-4x per week.

Thanks!!

Did it a few years back, here's the ultimate guide:

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

For your questions, started when I came across this document and was cutting, yes I still drank (20s, heavy). One thing I'd definitely recommend is get checked by a doctor and understand your overall health before diving in. For me I had severe migraines on some days triggered by not eating, but I wasn't managing my migraines. I could do it now since I have my migraines under control and understand them better.

As for the new year rush I just went ahead and bought some winter gear so I can run outdoors for the next couple weeks. My peace of mind means more than being in an overcrowded gym.

Last edited:

I never use the safety clip things. Well I only bench 175 though :lol: but I just feel like I can balance it fine so I don't use them. I really only used them once during squats when I hit 215 for a pr.

So it annoys you that someone ask you to work in with you or how many sets you got left? What you built the gym? You brought the equipment from home or you pay more than the next man?

I ask people all the time if they have a lot of sets left, if they got 1 or 2 left ill chill and wait for the equipment if its a lot and they just started ill go do other stuff in the mean time.
I didnt build the gym but im using the damn equipment. Its annoying when people are waiting to use the equipment while im doing my set cause they be standing right beside me looking at me and waiting until im done. Its annoying and distracting. Go away and do something else and wait till im done. 

I didnt build the gym but im using the damn equipment. Its annoying when people are waiting to use the equipment while im doing my set cause they be standing right beside me looking at me and waiting until im done. Its annoying and distracting. Go away and do something else and wait till im done. 

How you know thats not the last exercise they have left? Maybe if you let them work in sets they wouldnt be standing there "distracting" you. Just a thought tho...

Hmmm I don't have a problem with asking how many sets someone has left. I've done it and I've gotten asked. Not a big deal at all. If they have only like one or two sets I'll just stay close by (not right next to you) and do some other exercise, if they have a lot of sets left I'll go do something else

Ppl who dont let you work in on the same thing you doing or wanna be ignorant should just stay their a** home IMO

Ppl who dont let you work in on the same thing you doing or wanna be ignorant should just stay their a** home IMO

Agreed. Most ppl who ask don't even want to wrk in, they let u finish ur sets.

A couple weeks ago I was DLing and this dude didn't ask me to work in or how many sets. He just grabs a bar off the bench and starts DLing directly behind my ***. It takes a lot to bother me, it was actually kind of funny. I had to alternate lifting for when he finished a set cuz it'd be too distracting to see him in the mirror behind me [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Today been exactly a year since i been in the gym after gettin hit 3times. Started barely able to lift a 5lbs db and just trying to gain strength i lost back to hitting most of my goals (3plate bench still eluding me). Hit 3plate squat and 4plate DL and passing 1k total. Got 9mths left, trying to get that 3plate bench, 4plate squat, 5plate DL and bodyweight OHP by then.

I see u mane :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

How you know thats not the last exercise they have left? Maybe if you let them work in sets they wouldnt be standing there "distracting" you. Just a thought tho...
Working in is a different story. I dont mind when people work in. What I cant stand is when people ask me how many sets I have left and then just stand right next to me waiting like their waiting in a lunch line.

Agreed. Most ppl who ask don't even want to wrk in, they let u finish ur sets.

A couple weeks ago I was DLing and this dude didn't ask me to work in or how many sets. He just grabs a bar off the bench and starts DLing directly behind my ***. It takes a lot to bother me, it was actually kind of funny. I had to alternate lifting for when he finished a set cuz it'd be too distracting to see him in the mirror behind me [emoji]128514[/emoji]
Yea certain stuff can wait for sure. Like DL or squatting heavy. But flat benches, cables, machines. And if you ask like a douche which I've experienced then it's a problem

Other than that, go ahead bro

Last edited:

Seriously, just wait your ******* turn and stop bothering me. Everytime people ask me how many sets I have left, I just say "a lot."
You would hate me then 
laugh.gif

I usually don't ask that though, I just ask to work in and its all gravy baby.

Last edited:

Working in is a different story. I dont mind when people work in. What I cant stand is when people ask me how many sets I have left and then just stand right next to me waiting like their waiting in a lunch line.
Yeah I feel you, I would let them know they can work in and if they just stand there and stare I will purposely take longer.

I don't like to work in with people. Back when I was in LA fitness, if I had only one more thing to do, I'd stay and stare but only cuz I know if I leave the area someone else is going to take my spot.

im resting between my set on the machine and she goes up to me and asks how many sets I had left :stoneface:

I said "a lot" but I only had 2 sets left. so they go on the hamstring machine right next to me and start doing their photoshoot. the photographer's damn flash was annoying my eyes and it was pissing me off. quickly finished my 2 sets and lefts :smh:  5 min later I look back, and their on the leg extension doing a damn photoshoot.

thats once thing I hate about my gym... since its a pretty dope golds gym, everybody wants to be some damn fitness instagram person or ****. :smh:  

I read this story and see some people who probably would've waited to have their photo shoot had you just said 2 sets instead of "a lot." Then everyone would've been happy.

I could be wrong but that's how it read to me.

Back
Top Bottom