STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Im 32 and dont see why youd say you dont think its a good idea to go heavy??
Some people in this thread sound so washed at 30 :lol:

I spent most of my life playing bball and other sports, which i still do, but ive been really enjoying going ham in the weight room and getting stronger. I'm the strongest I've ever been now and maybe I'm in for a reality check but I totally expect to be stronger than I am now when im 35 and 40

It's really only T talking that way though :lol:

But finally. Another 30 year old who thinks YOUNG. That's the right mentality to have!

WE ARE YOUNG! Say it with me now!

#weaintold

#weyoung

#lifestartsat30

Last edited:
I'm not sure what exacty the issue is here, but I've developed some back pains during my flat bench routine. It started about a month ago. Might I be going too heavy?

On the come down of each set, I feel a sharp pain in my back between my spine and armpit. This pain is at its peak when I re rack the weights and sit up and take a deep breath. When I breathe in I can kind of feel it in my rib cage/back. Idk if I'm explaining it right lol.

When I take a couple day break from the bench, I feel better. Then I get back to it, but once I get past 275 I start feeling that strain. Could it be my form? I arch my lower back and puff my chest out when I'm benching.

This only happens on the flat bench and decline (as well as chest dips), not my incline

But finally. Another 30 year old who thinks YOUNG. That's the right mentality to have!

WE ARE YOUNG! Say
I'm in the best shape in my life... Still closer to death everyday though.
only have energy for the gym after that, home for prune juice and sugar free gummy stacks for that insulin spike.

Man, I'm not the type to usually get mad at what other people do at the gym, and I know this happens every single year, but I absolutely despise the New Years resolution crowd this time of year. Hundreds of people with no intention of working out after 2 weeks from now clogging up every machine. Takes 3 hours to get in a 45 minute workout with these crowds. Might just stay home and do push-ups and sit-ups for the next 2 weeks :/

Brah I know what you mean.
Can't be mad at them because they're trying to improve their life, but it's annoying that my workout suffers.
Glad I don't have to drive there anymore. Parking was terrible. Go from parking at the door to doing laps for 15 min waiting for people to leave. By the time I sign in I'm already annoyed.

Last edited:
Brah I know what you mean.
Can't be mad at them because they're trying to improve their life.

I'll give you a rep for this. One hand I want people to succeed and do better for themselves the same way I'm trying to. That's what we all go to the gym for. On the other hand, I want to just ask people "Do you realize there are other people here besides you"?

I was taking a rest between sets (after just successfully working in on some equipment with other kids) on a machine and this dude comes up and asks to do a set. I said ok and I'm standing there. He does his set......then another (while I'm standing there) and looks at me and says "Did you need to do more"? I'm standing there thinking "Why the **+% would I still be standing here"? Hahaha

y'all got some communication/socialization issues i swear lol 

2017 is the year of the comebacks. what's up Bwood.

today was my last day working out at my gold's im going to miss it, im going from that huge gym to probably one no bigger than a 7 11.
this year is all about flexibility and trying to get my cardiovascular stronger anyway so im not at a total loss or sadness about it.
tempted to join a boxing gym near my new apartment.

I'll still be able to squat, bench. not sure how they are about deadlifting though.

food is going to be drastically diffferent too, i'll probably be subbing my once a week red meat to lean pork.
a lot more potatoes will be eaten, and a lot more veggies.

I hope all my OGs in here are doing well.

I lurk in the shadows, but no need for me to post.

Still banging.

The social media world has ruined the "posting" and "talking" about lifting for me.

So now I just go about my lifting in silence lol

Keep grinding my dudes!

#weaintold

#weyoung

#lifestartsat30

I turned 30 last March and I can officially say I'm WASHED. I'm still making gains but the slightest injury takes months to heal now. Also I have the knees of an 80 year old man. Running? Out of the question. Bball? Out of the question. ATG? Not even sniffing parallel. I've come to accept that I'll have to make gains in certain areas, and give up on certain things for good

I turned 30 last March and I can officially say I'm WASHED. I'm still making gains but the slightest injury takes months to heal now. Also I have the knees of an 80 year old man. Running? Out of the question. Bball? Out of the question. ATG? Not even sniffing parallel. I've come to accept that I'll have to make gains in certain areas, and give up on certain things for good
truth........
took me and my brother 45 mins to play a game to 11 yesterday, paused 3 times. im getting better with the parallel thing but dont think these hips and groin will let me go to ATG.

truth........
took me and my brother 45 mins to play a game to 11 yesterday, paused 3 times. im getting better with the parallel thing but dont think these hips and groin will let me go to ATG.

Or was it cuz all them bricks yall puttin up? :lol:

Did chest today. Hit 225 again. Then the dude I tell you guys about that pulls 6 plates+ came up to me and another guy I was talking to and asked if we wanted to pull with him today. Guy said no but I was like f it I'll do it

He was doing 2 working sets and then singles after with 90lb jumps. So

135x10
225x6
315x1 (He then had me tweak my stance a little that helped a ton)
315x1 new stance
405x1

495x1x2. First one went up quick too and I was able to grab a video for you guys 
pimp.gif
. Again sorry for the quality. Don't know how to fix it. I wasn't even supposed to DL today 
laugh.gif

Now I just wanna work on keeping the shoulders more back with a wider stance

Last edited:

Come on man! 30 is the new 18

I can't even begin to fathom how bad my knees will be when I turn 30. I'm 25 and feel 40

#weaintold

#weyoung

#lifestartsat30

It's a bit of a shock at first how sudden this is, but you adjust. I actually think you truly learn to do things the right way now as opposed to the pushing, breakneck pace of your 20s that's why you're feeling it.

Did chest today. Hit 225 again. Then the dude I tell you guys about that pulls 6 plates+ came up to me and another guy I was talking to and asked if we wanted to pull with him today. Guy said no but I was like f it I'll do it

He was doing 2 working sets and then singles after with 90lb jumps. So

135x10

225x6

315x1 (He then had me tweak my stance a little that helped a ton)

315x1 new stance

405x1

495x1x2. First one went up quick too and I was able to grab a video for you guys :pimp: . Again sorry for the quality. Don't know how to fix it. I wasn't even supposed to DL today :lol:

Now I just wanna work on keeping the shoulders more back with a wider stance
you make me proud to be a fake mexican.

You out here spotting fake J''s and casually pulling 500.

I keep telling people These #2016Mexicans ain't playing no more lmfao.

Good stuff. I had to hit 425x2 again today. Got one. Headphones falls down my face. Paused after that. Tried second. Felt the back tweak. Dropped it.

I gotta stop wearing headphones during deads. It never fails. But I need the music to pump me up. I like my headphones better than my earphones cause my headphones block out everything and be booming [emoji]128517[/emoji]

Good stuff. I had to hit 425x2 again today. Got one. Headphones falls down my face. Paused after that. Tried second. Felt the back tweak. Dropped it.

I gotta stop wearing headphones during deads. It never fails. But I need the music to pump me up. I like my headphones better than my earphones cause my headphones block out everything and be booming [emoji]128517[/emoji]
Fake mexican? I'm as real as they come esé. So what that I'm 6ft 
laugh.gif
. I eat tacos de lengua once a month!

Saying that N.O.R.E has you hype

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom