STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Ayyyy let's get it. What's your weight/numbers again?
I'll let you know how PT goes.
lmaooo $10??? TEN DOLLARS? FUNNY. MY INVOICE SAYS OTHERWISE.

Yes. STILL waiting for blood circulation to come back to myleg.

#bloodbath
Haha well it cost me $11 to ship....

Im like 255 right now. I plan on going 550/395/550 at this one, add a little bit for kilo conversion and that will give me another 1500 total.

Was ready to give up the at the gym then
Coolio gangsta paradise came on

Energy came back like Mary and Joseph's son

Hit 315 x5

Kinda sad considering I'm a bigger dude
Progress though

powerlifting, USAPL to be specific. Do it now, don't wait I promise you'll love it.

I really want to, but I'm just nervous these days. A buddy of mine competes in USAPL. He messed a bunch of stuff up in his shoulder last year at Nationals....had to have surgery. I just got freaked out.

Im like 255 right now. I plan on going 550/395/550 at this one, add a little bit for kilo conversion and that will give me another 1500 total.

These numbers got me super motivated and I need to get serious again. I need to start eating better and get ride of some of this fluff lol

Last edited:
Was ready to give up the at the gym then
Coolio gangsta paradise came on

Energy came back like Mary and Joseph's son

Hit 315 x5

Kinda sad considering I'm a bigger dude
Progress though

Itll come bro. Good work tho!

I really want to, but I'm just nervous these days. A buddy of mine competes in USAPL. He messed a bunch of stuff up in his shoulder last year at Nationals....had to have surgery. I just got freaked out.
These numbers got me super motivated and I need to get serious again. I need to start eating better and get ride of some of this fluff lol

Lol boss #s motivate everyone. I been told him i wanna be like him when i grow up :lol:

Last edited:
Ayyyy let's get it. What's your weight/numbers again?

I'll let you know how PT goes.

lmaooo $10??? TEN DOLLARS? FUNNY. MY INVOICE SAYS OTHERWISE.

Yes. STILL waiting for blood circulation to come back to myleg.

#bloodbath

...I PAID THAT TOO THO [emoji]128529[/emoji]

Almost 2.2x

Better drop to 210 lol.

What's your weight class

Last edited:
If i were to prep for a powerlifting comp...how would i start?

srs. I may give it a go next year or so..i thought about going on stage but naaaa thats not me, atleast not now lol

any vids/articles to read would be appreciated :nthat:

When doing 5x5 am I supposed to pick a heavy weight and do 5x5 with that? For example, 225 on dl is prob 70% of my max, so should I be doing 5x5 of 225? I did 255 before but that was my 8th set so I'm pretty sure I can do more. I usually pyramid up in weight and I end up doing like 6-8x5. Feel like it's preventing me from hitting heavier weights cause I'm burnt out by the last set

When doing 5x5 am I supposed to pick a heavy weight and do 5x5 with that? For example, 225 on dl is prob 70% of my max, so should I be doing 5x5 of 225? I did 255 before but that was my 8th set so I'm pretty sure I can do more. I usually pyramid up in weight and I end up doing like 6-8x5. Feel like it's preventing me from hitting heavier weights cause I'm burnt out by the last set

If you are plateuing, a wise man once told me "You need to either do more reps, or more weight". Mental power is a huge factor. I know it sounds cliche. Kids used to ask me how to make sure they get their max movement (like a 1 rep squat for instance). I told them "Don't even get under the bar unless you have decided that weight IS going up". I don't even squat with safetly bars, because I don't want that safety net there for the option to fail. As for 5×5, I love that routine. I personally never went with "a percentage of max". Most people won't be maxing out all time. Trial and error. Grab a weight, and try to do it. When I always did it, I wanted the 4th one to be kinda hard, and it took REAL effort to do the 5th, but also your form doesn't go to sh!+. Then progressively go up. I always traied to gain like 5 pounds of repping weight every week, or every other. Just me though. Sorry for being so long winded lol. Good luck.

Yeah I want to drop to that weight and then just cut 5-10lbs and make 205 class. My class is 264 and under.

Skipping 105kg? Just curious...do most people who cut down from where you're at make such a big jump? That's like a 1/5 of your total BW. What do you expect that to do to your lifts?

I love powerlifting. Cept when y'all talk Kilos lmao. I'm horrible at math so conversion be tough for melmao

Skipping 105kg? Just curious...do most people who cut down from where you're at make such a big jump? That's like a 1/5 of your total BW. What do you expect that to do to your lifts?
I assume you use some sort of smelling salts or Nose Tork or something? Always wanted to try some.
Never used them before, I try not to do or use anything that I might have to rely on to be able to hit a max weight with, taking away headphones is already hard enough, especially on squats I hate that ****.

Last edited:
I love powerlifting. Cept when y'all talk Kilos lmao. I'm horrible at math so conversion be tough for melmao
1 pound = 2.2 kilos 

edit: damnit old man beat me 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
...I PAID THAT TOO THO [emoji]128529[/emoji]

Almost 2.2x

Better drop to 210 lol.

What's your weight class

Yeah I want to drop to that weight and then just cut 5-10lbs and make 205 class. My class is 264 and under.
Yeah.. cause them Jesse norris 190s gonna beat that ***

But seriously. It's pound by pound. SO 200-209 should be good.

I might try one next year. I honestly dont have the patience to do it all day. Maybe I'll do a local, for starters.

I might try one next year. I honestly dont have the patience to do it all day. Maybe I'll do a local, for starters.
**** that fake natty fruitcake 
laugh.gif

Im not out here trying to break records or anything, I just enjoy training for strength. 

**** that fake natty fruitcake :lol:  

Im not out here trying to break records or anything, I just enjoy training for strength. 
Knew you'd say that :rofl:

Larry on the juice wheels competed 2 meets ago at PH. I would've asked for my one back. No lie. He tried to go to my school, too. I've had some funny encounters with him [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I feel you. WE all wanna do it for fun.....but I bet you still wanna place 1st tho [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]

Getting stronger a top 5 feeling in life.

Throwing around weight that coulda seriously injured you months or years ago > anything.

Only so many things in life you have full control over and you get directly when you put in.

I try to focus as much as I can on those things and as a young healthy man, I feel like it's only right to push myself to be as physically strong as I can be.

I honestly don't understand why even more guys don't lift really.

There is a reason the ancient civilizations always made statues of the peak of the human body.

Getting stronger a top 5 feeling in life.

Throwing around weight that coulda seriously injured you months or years ago > anything.

Only so many things in life you have full control over and you get directly when you put in.

I try to focus as much as I can on those things and as a young healthy man, I feel like it's only right to push myself to be as physically strong as I can be.

I honestly don't understand why even more guys don't lift really.

There is a reason the ancient civilizations always made statues of the peak of the human body.
More don't lift cause:

In my case, I ain't hAve **** either way.

But since I've been cutting the **** I have been around showed me OD love [emoji]128557[/emoji]

#cutlife

But yeah. Working out is cool I guess. It's just a commitment. NOT something you can pick up/put down.

Last edited:
Knew you'd say that
roll.gif

Larry on the juice wheels competed 2 meets ago at PH. I would've asked for my one back. No lie. He tried to go to my school, too. I've had some funny encounters with him [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I feel you. WE all wanna do it for fun.....but I bet you still wanna place 1st tho [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]
Oh duh theres no doubt about that 
laugh.gif

He seems like he might have some side stuff going on, I think he had a tough upbringing. 

Last edited:
Not to respark debate in here (who am i kidding controversy is NTs real name)
Saw a dude in the gym about 6'3 6'4. Squatting 405 (think he got to about 465 on his last set) broke parrallel. Dude had size on him. Had to be no less than 240
Thought to myself...this dude isnt doing this with ease....there is no way in hell Kobe was reppin 405 and breaking parrallel even in his prime.

Side note. Icouldnt comment last weekend. But that was the first time boss wanted to come to the screen and start choking dudes out. Lmao
Boss had enough :rofl:

Last edited:
For kilo to pound conversions without breaking out the calculator just double the kilo number and add the first two digits after that.

So 150kg would be 150+150= 300+30= 330lbs 

For my job we use kilo plates but program in pounds lol took some getting used to but its pretty automatic now.

Last edited:
Rear ended and my back was acting up. Already had back issues and doc recommended I lay off the weights for a while. Sucks but I'll be back
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom