STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Yeah I did the same. I googled numbers. "What should I start with". Ended up doing my own thing and it has been working.

Pro/carb/fat:

I ran 40/40/20 at 185.
Ran 35/40/25 at 180.
Currently running 30/40/30. Bumped my fats up, since I started going over 50g recently. Also allowed for ice cream and funyuns. Lol.

My protein is at 174g. But I also eat more. At least 180g, since I'm 178 now. Most of the time, on the 5 days i lift, I hit about 190g.

Yeah. See how your body reacts to it. Supposedly some people do better with lower carbs and etc. I don't care about rhat. I just do what fits how I eat. I'm still getting cut regardless.

Only thing I wouldn't do is a high fat diet. Put my ex on one due to her PCOS. But I would rather have a high protein/carb macro split.
Thanks for the info man.

Any video proof of Kobe squatting that? I believe the story of Tiger benching 300+ before I believe Kobe squatting 400.

Also a lot of those NFL weight room numbers aren't legit at all, you got guys claiming they are 500-600 benchers and its being done to a 2 board 
laugh.gif

Remember this Sprite commercial? He's at least squatting 335 here (maybe more).

Last edited:
Remember this Sprite commercial? He's at least squatting 335 here (maybe more). It's TV though so who knows if its legit.

I doubt he's gonna be squatting heavy *** weight for a commercial?

Last edited:

Remember this Sprite commercial? He's at least squatting 335 here (maybe more).
 Cmon bro 
laugh.gif

They have plates that weigh 10lbs that look like 45s, thats why crossfitters look like they are lifting so much when its really like 100lbs. 

Kobe was squatting 400 regularly but he was in his 30's and weighing around 240 so it's not really that impressive for an elite athlete.

You got guys considered "bums" in the NFL squatting 600.

Kobe was 240? I don't believe that for a second :lol:. Lebron is like 250 no chance Kobe was 240 and I don't believe he was squatting 400 regularly

Cmon bro :lol:

They have plates that weigh 10lbs that look like 45s, thats why crossfitters look like they are lifting so much when its really like 100lbs. 

So you mean to tell me Lil Duval isn't hitting 425 here?

Last edited:
Kobe was 240? I don't believe that for a second
laugh.gif
. Lebron is like 250 no chance Kobe was 240 and I don't believe he was squatting 400 regularly
Yeah I don't really believe that either. You gotta be training to get strong to squat 400 at 240 or just built for it, which Kobe was not.

Imma say Kobe probably does the 400lb squat either 1/4 or 1/2...i seriously doubt he's doing it any other way.

Thanks for the response I'll try to do some more research like you guys suggested. I also might give fish oil a try as I've been hearing good things about it. Any suggestions on a good pre?
Musclepharm Wreckage is one of the best with creatine PWs I've had for the price.

I just don't see how Kobe squatting 400 would be a big deal.

Yea he's an NBA player but still an elite athlete.

I'm going to be hitting that by the beginning of 2017, and he's got a good 35+ pounds on me with a personal chef/trainers/age.

If we talking 500 ok, but 400 is not THAT big a deal.

I'm going to be hitting that by the beginning of 2017, and he's got a good 35+ pounds on me with a personal chef/trainers/age.

That would probably put him in the top 5% of NBA players as far as strength numbers for the back squat. With his frame, I SERIOUSLY doubt that he's putting up that much.

I see you fam 
pimp.gif

How many people do you see hitting 400 legit squats at the gym? I know he is a world class athlete but strength is not his forte and he would not be dedicating time to hitting a true rep max with 400 more than likely. It is definitely possible but not likely. 

How many people do you see hitting 400 legit squats at the gym? I know he is a world class athlete but strength is not his forte and he would not be dedicating time to hitting a true rep max with 400 more than likely. It is definitely possible but not likely. 

There's a good amount of strong guys at my gym, a lot of em are bench kings but the ones who do squat are hitting that or in that range.

I'd say out of the 25-30 or so regulars I know, at least 10 are in there.

I see you fam :pimp:

We working b. :pimp:

Today was DL day, hit 475x1 with ease so I decided to go for 5 plates.

Was humbled early. :lol:

Grip was not prepared for that, also feel like I did too many warm up sets.

Went 135x5 225x5 315x5 405x1 425x1 455x1 475x1 495 fail, 405x3, 315x5.

Going to keep doing a lot of accessory work and heavy rows until I get there, I can taste that 500.

I have no idea what's going on here :lol:

But to think an elite professional athlete couldn't squat less than 2x his body weight is laughable to me :lol:

At worst, Kobe was 220. Hes not a weight lifter but isn't 2x body weight squat a good goal for intermediate lifters? That sort of core strength is what bball players focus on more than anything.

I have no idea what's going on here :lol:

But to think an elite professional athlete couldn't squat less than 2x his body weight is laughable to me :lol:

I'm saying. :lol:

You don't have to be a powerlifter or even that focused on strength to be squatting 2x especially as a professional athlete with anything at your reach.

Back
Top Bottom