STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I knew that's why you'd be salty :lol:

I mean in all aspects of life you can take someone who as trained and/or practiced something and they can perform at the level of someone who has dedicated their life to said thing.

Dont assume that "playing at a professional level" = weight room strong.

Kobe's not squatting 400, LeBrons not squatting 500. Why? Because theyre not dumb and they realize that their bodies are their cash flow and the risks of squatting 400 FARRR out weight the benefits of it.

Squatting 2x bodyweight for an athlete is NOT easy. At all.

Top sets for my DL the other night.
335 2x6

Didn't chalk up and my hand started slipping on the last 2 reps. Going to work on grip strength this training cycle so when I load up 505 that's the last thing on my mind.

My starting numbers for this week were my week 3 numbers 8 weeks ago. Either I originally started too low or I'm slowly getting stronger. Hella forgot how it feels to train beltless too, my back is tight today gotta foamroll this ****

Nice work. :pimp:

I don't throw the belt on until I'm at 4 plates for DL and 3 plates for squats.

Kobe's not squatting 400, LeBrons not squatting 500. Why? Because theyre not dumb and they realize that their bodies are their cash flow and the risks of squatting 400 FARRR out weight the benefits of it.

I think that's a little different angle than what I'm saying.

You probably couldn't grab Kobe after game 40 of the NBA season and say go squat 400lbs,

But after specifically training towards said goal, they're closer than most.

hard to say with the elite athletes. jon jones came close to parallel on a 500# squat and lebron is bigger than him. he was a d1 wrestler though so i imagine he did weight training from when he was in high school.

Top sets for my DL the other night.
335 2x6

Didn't chalk up and my hand started slipping on the last 2 reps. Going to work on grip strength this training cycle so when I load up 505 that's the last thing on my mind.

My starting numbers for this week were my week 3 numbers 8 weeks ago. Either I originally started too low or I'm slowly getting stronger. Hella forgot how it feels to train beltless too, my back is tight today gotta foamroll this ****
Great job man. I need to get to this level eventually. I'm currently at the level of the dude on his phone
mean.gif

Last edited:
I knew that's why you'd be salty
laugh.gif

I mean in all aspects of life you can take someone who as trained and/or practiced something and they can perform at the level of someone who has dedicated their life to said thing.
Can you blame me though? 

When you do it you can tell me whatever you want.

tongue.gif

Good stuff in here guys, getting stronger by the day :smokin. Knocked out shoulders today, no PRs today still grinding to get that OHP goal to 225

Football players>>>>>

Boom is one of my fav players, dude is a beast

No crossfit 45 pound looking 10 pounds weights :smile:

Last edited:

Andddd there is a voice of a reason I was hoping for.

Good stuff in here guys, getting stronger by the day
smokin.gif
. Knocked out shoulders today, no PRs today still grinding to get that OHP goal to 225

Football players>>>>>

Boom is one of my fav players, dude is a beast

No crossfit 45 pound looking 10 pounds weights
smile.gif
You're joking right? That was a quarter squat 
laugh.gif

What kinda footwear you using?

Whenever I squat I always basically just focus on pushing my hips back towards my heels and that usually keeps me in perfect form.
I'm almost 100% sure it's the shoes I'm wearing. Right now I'm using the adidas tubular runner for the gym but they're horrible for squats since the heel is so elevated
But most of the time my feet are flat it's just the lighter weight squats which are my warmup sets that I have trouble with

Last edited:
I'm almost 100% sure it's the shoes I'm wearing. Right now I'm using the adidas tubular runner for the gym but they're horrible for squats since the heel is so elevated

I was wearing adidas kobe 1s to squat. Terrible :lol:. Ive since ditched shoes completely and squat in socks, but since i have poor ankle mobility i put my heels on 5lbs plates. I do mobility exercises on non leg and DL days. Might have to cop slme squat shoes at some point but im waiting to find a decent price with cheap shipping.

That first guy definitely did a quarter :lol:
Might have to record myself so y'all can help me on my form. I think I'm doing fine though I just need flatter shoes.
Would a pair of janoskis be better? They're pretty flat like vans

Last edited:
Power shrugs are one exercise I stand by as far as using your wholee body to jerk the Weight up. My traps were always sore the day after.

Might do some tonight.

But most of the time my feet are flat it's just the lighter weight squats which are my warmup sets that I have trouble with

Yea that's not gonna work fam. :lol:

Get some Vans, Chucks or just go barefoot.

Power shrugs are one exercise I stand by as far as using your wholee body to jerk the Weight up. My traps were always sore the day after.

Might do some tonight.

Yooo power shrugs r ******* sick!! When the ed coan program first had me doing it i didn't even kno what it was lol. Ended up finding videos on youtube. Sick exercise.

@Soundview
 sorry if you answered this already but what was your BF before your cut? 
It was 17% supposedly. I'm guessing 15-16% if it's 12% after almost 2 months.

This is a pic of me before cutting. Way earlier this year. I guess you can guesstimate it.

Seconds pic I was flexing my abs too lmao.

Back
Top Bottom