STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

yo srs question why is it that crossfit gyms are more expensive than regular gyms?

My girl wanted to try it out and went to a spot in PG county(DMV), they were asking her close to something like 300/ month. I didnt get all the details that came with it but damn...

It's expensive because of several reasons, location, demands, coaching...but you're getting the experience of a group setting training and personal training.

In your case, it looks like it's because of location. Most inner city boxes are expensive.

Overall, I think it's ridiculous with the pricing but it is what it is

Sounds like a BJJ gym. They are all at least $125-$250/month depending where you go. These damn Brazilians are on the come up :lol: . My mom used to pay $225/month for me when I was younger

I used to work with this dude before he left to go to school and now he's the head trainer at the crossfit gym that's like 5 min from my house. Just checked and its $199/month for unlimited. If you go a lot and enjoy it it's all worth it imo

Last edited:
Hit another new PR on my DL with 355 
nthat.gif

I failed this (couldnt even get it up 1 inch of the ground) about last month 
laugh.gif

Im just breaking PRs every week now I feel like lol.

But since I do DL first on my back and bi days, i feel like i cant hit my back hard enough since my grip strength is pretty depleted...

but if I do back first, then I feel like I cant hit DL as hard as I want to....

Anyone else have this problem?

you dont any cheat meals??? soundview soundview

Im bulking now but when i used to cut, man those cheat meals is what made the wait worth it :lol:
nope. I keep it strict. Only cause it'll only take me longer in the long run. If I overeat by 1000 calories for example, I just wasted 2 days of cutting lol.

When I first started I had cheat meals. At this point I'm running 2300 cals. I can't afford to cheat unless I literally ate all protein first and then cheated the rest of the day lmao

Today my cheat meal was a bag of funyuns [emoji]128534[/emoji]

Lol when I start bulking...I can't wait.

That's why I tell people if they ain't weightliftng, don't start. It's just an extra headache lMao unless you don't care for how you look.

Me, I wanna get brolic and put up crazy numbers.

Last edited:
did a variety of s^&* today

ran 1.5 mile slow pace 8 min mile

3 sets of 100 pushups

4x10 of 315 deadlifts

4x5 225 trap bar deadlifts in between

10 mins of power mill/70 floors

10 mins of sprinting on the manual treadmill (12mph for 1:00 or until I feel the pukage brewing)

then I did a bunch of straight bar curls and arm crap I could not resist leaving the gym without a arm pump lol

Any deadlifters/powerlifting gurus in here got any pointers? Things they think I should work on?
Just started deadlifting again...used to sumo pull, but I did a year of strictly oly lifting, so now I feel more comfortable pulling it conventional. Here's a heavy single at 375, 1RM probably being at 405.

Hit another new PR on my DL with 355 :nthat:

I failed this (couldnt even get it up 1 inch of the ground) about last month :lol:

Im just breaking PRs every week now I feel like lol.

But since I do DL first on my back and bi days, i feel like i cant hit my back hard enough since my grip strength is pretty depleted...
but if I do back first, then I feel like I cant hit DL as hard as I want to....

Anyone else have this problem?

Farmers walks are awesome for grip strength. I use to struggle with my grip till I started doing these at the end of every back/biceps day. Now my grip is elite

So you rather lift in a trash gym than a good gym cause the good gym people lift more than you .....

even fake cops get arrested by real ones.

BUT....

I'm sleep :rofl:

Nah just the way my personal situation and their work schedule is atm doesnt work. On a lot of restrictions currently plus some other ****. Not really tryna bring all that around my homie u feel me

Any deadlifters/powerlifting gurus in here got any pointers? Things they think I should work on?
Just started deadlifting again...used to sumo pull, but I did a year of strictly oly lifting, so now I feel more comfortable pulling it conventional. Here's a heavy single at 375, 1RM probably being at 405.

Good stuff bro :pimp:

Man I swear what kind of gym I lift in affects my workouts. I need a dope looking gym with some strong *** people to push me. Golds gym largo is perfect minus when it's over crowded.

Nah just the way my personal situation and their work schedule is atm doesnt work. On a lot of restrictions currently plus some other ****. Not really tryna bring all that around my homie u feel me
Lmao @ soundview

the way I see it if your into crossfit and have a garage make your own setup..... in the long run it'll save you some $$$$ seeing as all the crossfit gyms in my area is like 100 plus........ I pay 100 a month for me and my girl..... and the gym I go to is top notch WWE workout there when there in town and Shaq visits a lot also.... my boy got a pic with Victor Martinez one morning

Last edited:
Lmao @ soundview

the way I see it if your into crossfit and have a garage make your own setup..... in the long run it'll save you some $$$$ seeing as all the crossfit gyms in my area is like 100 plus........ I pay 100 a month for me and my girl..... and the gym I go to is top notch WWE workouts out therre when there in town and Shaq visits a lot.

Its just with my legal troubles i have a lot of restrictions of when i can be out and where i can go. If i didnt id def be hitting up my homie crib since its free and his older bro knows his stuff. But by the time him and his bro off work and get home, eat etc. I cant be out by then so it doesnt really work. I just go to the lil gym by my crib in the mornings. Its not that bad, not the greatest but gets the job done for me. Theres a few people that r really strong that i see every once in a while but its not like theres olympic or powerlifting guys there. I dont really pay much attention to other folks anyways and i usually work out alone. I focus on what i gotta do and tryna reach my goals.

Damn bag of funyons tho, ouch :lol:

Bulking is just great
lol you haven't cut until a cheat is 2 otris

Yeah lol I'm looking forward to it. Gonna slow bulk. I got the master plan to stay at 10%.

So you rather lift in a trash gym than a good gym cause the good gym people lift more than you .....

even fake cops get arrested by real ones.

BUT....

I'm sleep :rofl:

forgot you're on house arrest

did a variety of s^&* today

ran 1.5 mile slow pace 8 min mile
3 sets of 100 pushups

4x10 of 315 deadlifts
4x5 225 trap bar deadlifts in between

10 mins of power mill/70 floors
10 mins of sprinting on the manual treadmill (12mph for 1:00 or until I feel the pukage brewing)

then I did a bunch of straight bar curls and arm crap I could not resist leaving the gym without a arm pump lol
you finally deadlift lol

lol you haven't cut until a cheat is 2 otris

Yeah lol I'm looking forward to it. Gonna slow bulk. I got the master plan to stay at 10%.
forgot you're on house arrest

Not anymore. Curfew now but its stupid early. Not complaining tho at least i can go outside for a lil bit lol. I was going mod bein cooped up in the apartment for over a yr

@Soundview ^I'm have to record whenever I do next time.... I don't record every session.... bahahah I'm weak right now bro wait till I hit 165 ish monster gains!

hows that shred life going though?

Last edited:
Its just with my legal troubles i have a lot of restrictions of when i can be out and where i can go. If i didnt id def be hitting up my homie crib since its free and his older bro knows his stuff. But by the time him and his bro off work and get home, eat etc. I cant be out by then so it doesnt really work. I just go to the lil gym by my crib in the mornings. Its not that bad, not the greatest but gets the job done for me. Theres a few people that r really strong that i see every once in a while but its not like theres olympic or powerlifting guys there. I dont really pay much attention to other folks anyways and i usually work out alone. I focus on what i gotta do and tryna reach my goals.

Man this right here is motivation...with all the bs going on u still working.Respect bro

Last edited:
Man this right here is motivation...with all the bs going on u still working.Respect bro
no excuses bro.... one of my boys was in the same situation he ordered all kinds of crap to workout with as his house...... gotta get it

Back
Top Bottom